Can AI see rangers/avengers?

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

Yes, the Wose is my leader.

Ok I'll go and record that now (I'll have to remove some fellows I gave to the Wose but with just a single unit it is far better to see what I mean)
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

The promised replays:
One time my leader Wose went to South and the sencond time it went to East.
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

I am pretty sure that the AI doesn't know where invisible units are, but it probably knows where your leader is even if it is invisible. It has been a quite a while since I have looked at the AI code, but that would explain what you saw.
Kamamura

Post by Kamamura »

I remember a scenario when you played a single assassin and the objective is to assassinate all the leaders of the AI players. The assassin is invisible in forests at night, I believe.

Now that scenario proves AI doesn't see your units when invisible - there are tons of them, the player could not survive otherwise.
Starev91

Post by Starev91 »

Darth Fool wrote:I am pretty sure that the AI doesn't know where invisible units are, but it probably knows where your leader is even if it is invisible. It has been a quite a while since I have looked at the AI code, but that would explain what you saw.
I haven't contributed or looked at the AI code, but I can say that it might just be an implimentation problem workaround that now has unexpected consequences-if the AI considered invisible units to be nonexistant, and your leader became invisible, you'd have no leader. Since this is not the case, but it seems like it can follow leaders, it probubly means that your leader's location is always known so that the AI will continue working.

However, this is just my thoughts on it, as I do not claim to be a very good programmer, and I have yet to look at the AI code :)

So this is a possible explination for why the AI would know where an ambushed leader is, but it also might be wrong-and it wouldn't surprise me if it was :P
zol

Post by zol »

Can AI see exit and entry points when a concealed unit begins and ends concealed but its path takes it over other terrain?

I expect so, although the AI has a better chance of seeing and recording the event accurately.

Does it see the path, or just the visible end points?
If it's only one hex, does it know the direction of travel?

While I haven't made much use of the ability, I still find myself moving those units tile by tile around exposure threats.

And then there's the possibility of using the pathfinder to detect ZOCs... :P
finite, infinite, definite