Why is it that...

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SmokemJags

Why is it that...

Post by SmokemJags »

Backstab does not work if you have an allied unit on the other side of an enemy unit?
For example: My rogue is north of an orc grunt while my computer ally has a unit south of this orc grunt. No backstab damage bonus, and I can't move a unit to replace my ally's position to gain backstab bonus.

Too difficult/annoying to code, or a gameplay reason?

I can see this coming up more often down the road when multiplayer campaigns get underway.
"A wise man speaks when he has something to say. A fool speaks when he has to say something."
Timdra5

why is that so

Post by Timdra5 »

i think you have to be on a certian side of the unit
im am the shadow wolf
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

Jags, let me guess, you're still playing 1.0.x?
SmokemJags

Post by SmokemJags »

Ah yes, reading the ability description in 1.1.1 I see it no longer says anything about 'doesn't work with allies'.

Considering all of none of the campaigns work on 1.1.1 though, yes I am playing version 1.0.2.

Cool features and pretty colors < being able to play campaigns.

Thx for the info. :)
"A wise man speaks when he has something to say. A fool speaks when he has to say something."
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

"Why is it that..." Smokem always starts topics in the wrong forum? :P
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
SmokemJags

Post by SmokemJags »

gameplay reason?
If it was a gameplay reason that was behind the functionality of backstab in 1.0.2, where would you put this thread?

This seems to be the place to discuss such matters.