Princess of Wesnoth -.-

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kel

Post by Kel »

I had Kalenz, a Fighter, and a Horseman hold down the central part of the river (just getting easy kills, nothing risky), two Mermen (one with trident) to fight the Fencer/Duelist in the south, and the rest of my army to hold the bridge at the north. I think that was something like an Elvish Marshal, two Knights, a Marksman, two curers, a Hero, a Red Mage, a ranger, an archer and a fighter, Konrad, and Delfador.

One of the Knights runs down any Cavalry that make it across up north, and the rest of your units basically tank, rotate out to heal, and take cheap shots at the units in the river. Don't move across the river too quickly, getting her units stuck there makes them easy targets for charging Knights and archers. This is one of those scenarios where you have to take down the main force slowly, and then suddenly there's no real resistance left on the map. Upkeep will hurt for the first few turns, but hopefully one of your promoted Knights can finish the Princess off quickly after you break through.

(Alternate strategy: recall three lancers and a distraction force. Send distraction north, assassinate w/ lancers in the south)
commander keen

Post by commander keen »

I did it with a majority of level 1's
The first time i did it, when i was a bit stupid, I sent a mix of elves followed by mages / thieves.
All in all, when I look back at it, I was stupid.
I had 1 lancer and a maybe a white mage, and I think that was about all the >L1's(apart from outlaws that i never recalled).
I just used my gold(i had TONS!) and sent stuff up to the bridge then the thieves/mages over the river. It was overkill, and I lost most of my units, but i did it.
nukchebi0

Post by nukchebi0 »

I used a bunch of lvl 1 horsemen to distract fire, while using a bunch lvl 2 units to finish off enemies by the bridge. I sent Kalenz and the thief across the river in the middle to capture villages, and I used the Mermaids (3 lvl 2's and one initiate) to capture the SE villages before supporting 8 horsemen from the south to flank the princess. I kept Konrad in the base the whole time.

P.S. Even after the Scepter of Fire scenario, he still is only level 2, and Li'sar has the Scepter. Otherwise known as, he sucks.
Tmoiy

Post by Tmoiy »

nukchebi0 wrote:...I kept Konrad in the base the whole time.

P.S. Even after the Scepter of Fire scenario, he still is only level 2, and Li'sar has the Scepter. Otherwise known as, he sucks.
Go figure.