Frankening ´n portraying

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
SexyPringles

Frankening ´n portraying

Post by SexyPringles »

Hello there, I have been playing BfW for a long time now and i wanted to try making my own sprites from scratch. Well that didn't go so well and after trying some several times I decided that i should first try frankensteining to attain some kind of understanding of how sprites work. So here is my first frankenstein sprite with a little description about him.
Attachments
The king of gods Zeus is known for his powerfull lightnings and unparalleled strenght and speed. Many ask why the father of gods doesn't use a weapon, some say that it would be too easy for Zeus to destroy his opponent. Others say that Zeus has a sadistic nature and he enjoys hearing his enemies bones turn to dust in his hands. Whichever the case, this is a god you don't want to challenge.
The king of gods Zeus is known for his powerfull lightnings and unparalleled strenght and speed. Many ask why the father of gods doesn't use a weapon, some say that it would be too easy for Zeus to destroy his opponent. Others say that Zeus has a sadistic nature and he enjoys hearing his enemies bones turn to dust in his hands. Whichever the case, this is a god you don't want to challenge.
zeus.png (4.15 KiB) Viewed 6754 times
Last edited by SexyPringles on June 11th, 2020, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hippity Hoppity, this is my property:Tale of Thunedain
SexyPringles

Re: Random frankenstein units

Post by SexyPringles »

This time i put together a wose juggernaut
Attachments
Wose juggernauts are a rare cast of woses who enjoy fighting unlike their other brethren.
Wose juggernauts are a rare cast of woses who enjoy fighting unlike their other brethren.
wose juggernaut.png (10.23 KiB) Viewed 6672 times
SexyPringles

Post by SexyPringles »

This fellow knows his manners and customs. I used master at arms units body and added for him a head of necromancer to make him look unique. The staff and his monocle are made by me and i added those to make him look more like a gentleman.
Attachments
Gentlemans are polite, calm and considerate they also have a great rank and influence in the society. They may seem harmless in combat but beware since a gentleman always accepts a duel...
Gentlemans are polite, calm and considerate they also have a great rank and influence in the society. They may seem harmless in combat but beware since a gentleman always accepts a duel...
Gentleman.png (4.03 KiB) Viewed 6305 times
SexyPringles

Post by SexyPringles »

New one after few weeks
Attachments
Spartans are cast of fierce warriors that don't know the meaning of retreat or surrendering. The leader of spartans, king Leonidas stands at the top of his fellow warriors his skills with spear and sword are unparalled among spartans. His charisma and leadership makes him greatly respected by his soldiers and greatly feared by his enemies.
Spartans are cast of fierce warriors that don't know the meaning of retreat or surrendering. The leader of spartans, king Leonidas stands at the top of his fellow warriors his skills with spear and sword are unparalled among spartans. His charisma and leadership makes him greatly respected by his soldiers and greatly feared by his enemies.
King Leonidas.png (4.73 KiB) Viewed 5795 times
SexyPringles

Post by SexyPringles »

Brother of Zeus
Attachments
Ruler of the seas Poseidon, second of the three brothers of Olympus and also known as Zeus of the seas. This god is well known for ruling all the oceans with an iron fist and he is often described as a cold and emotionless god. Poseidon is a master at using his favoured weapon a trident and his power and speed in water are greater than any other.
Ruler of the seas Poseidon, second of the three brothers of Olympus and also known as Zeus of the seas. This god is well known for ruling all the oceans with an iron fist and he is often described as a cold and emotionless god. Poseidon is a master at using his favoured weapon a trident and his power and speed in water are greater than any other.
poseidon.png (5.17 KiB) Viewed 5644 times
SexyPringles

Re: Frankening ´n portraying

Post by SexyPringles »

I made a portrait for my gentleman unit. Used the fencer portrait and just modified it a little
Attachments
Gentleman.png
Gentleman.png (4.03 KiB) Viewed 5240 times
gentleman portrait.png
gentleman portrait.png (159.04 KiB) Viewed 5240 times
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

Mentlegen?
Sorry.
SexyPringles

Post by SexyPringles »

Been a while but here is my latest creation.
Attachments
A lone wanderer from the far east of the great continent
A lone wanderer from the far east of the great continent
The Lone Wanderer.png (5.94 KiB) Viewed 3217 times
SexyPringles

Post by SexyPringles »

I think this is my first unit which is mostly done from scratch. Well, almost. The bald one is fully from scratch and other one uses the head of thief.
Attachments
Martial artist v2.png
Martial artist v2.png (3.42 KiB) Viewed 1782 times
maksiu

Post by maksiu »

You have lost the proportions a bit, and the figure is therefore indistinct. Although, as for a drawing from scratch, it is not bad. I recommend putting something existing on a transparent background so that you can see the proportions all the time
My addons - Phoenix Era
SexyPringles

Post by SexyPringles »

You have lost the proportions a bit, and the figure is therefore indistinct.
Thanks for the tip maksiu I tried "cleaning" the unit and making it not so indistinct. Also when you say that proportions are bit off do you mean that the head is too big for the body?
Attachments
slightly reworked
slightly reworked
martial artistv2.png (2.07 KiB) Viewed 1667 times
maksiu

Post by maksiu »

I'm not sure what's wrong, I made a comparison and I think the waistband is a bit too low, which makes the size of the legs to the torso disproportionate, take a look at the comparison yourself.
Attachments
abc.png
abc.png (18.91 KiB) Viewed 1633 times
My addons - Phoenix Era
SexyPringles

Post by SexyPringles »

Yeah, now I see where the problem is. I tried to fix it by raising the waist little bit and made the legs slightly longer so now it shouldn't be so disproportionate, but if it still somehow seems weird proportions wise please do tell.
Attachments
abcd.png
abcd.png (10.04 KiB) Viewed 1558 times
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

SexyPringles wrote: January 19th, 2020, 12:43 pm i wanted to try making my own sprites from scratch.
by scratch you mean the logiciel scratch? and can you made the .png picture like it's moving (attack, defend...)?