The Gnats Franken Dungeon

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Lordlewis

Re: The Gnats Franken Dungeon

Post by Lordlewis »

Would the wings still look visible while on a grass or other bright terrain?
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

It actually looks not bad: (but I think there is some strange problem with the TC on the arms)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (44.38 KiB) Viewed 9303 times
ghype

Post by ghype »

this unit does not look like its supposed to move on any other terrain then water. but maybe thats my problem only.
Edwylm

Post by Edwylm »

Its merely missing a shadow not sure why there is fairy dust on the bottom of the unit where the shadow should be.
as with the TC you have to color it with the TC I have similar issues with my creations too.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Edwylm wrote: November 17th, 2018, 11:26 pm Its merely missing a shadow not sure why there is fairy dust on the bottom of the unit where the shadow should be.
as with the TC you have to color it with the TC I have similar issues with my creations too.
Thank you for noticing that! Of course :doh: I will put a shadow on it when I get a chance!
ghype wrote: November 17th, 2018, 10:52 pm this unit does not look like its supposed to move on any other terrain then water. but maybe thats my problem only.
Probably because of the shadow. Though it seems a bit too far down towards the ground so I might raise it slightly. Ideally it should give the impression it is flying so any ideas would be great!
hierophant.png
hierophant.png (10.69 KiB) Viewed 9243 times
ghype

Post by ghype »

I have to ask, so this unit hierophant. Does it have a skirt or is that supposed to be a stream of water?
Edwylm

Post by Edwylm »

its suppose to be a skirt/gown to my understanding
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Edwylm wrote: November 19th, 2018, 6:04 pm its suppose to be a skirt/gown to my understanding
That was what I was trying to do... :whistle:
ghype wrote: November 19th, 2018, 8:17 am I have to ask, so this unit hierophant. Does it have a skirt or is that supposed to be a stream of water?
Yes it kind of does look like water... :hmm: Any suggestions?
ghype

Post by ghype »

is it an advancement for sylph?
if yes, It take out the TC skrit from the norma skirt, keep light colors on chest armour and consider to not use gold on sylph
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

So are there anymore units that might need a sprite or is the only thing left just the coding for each unit?
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

ghype wrote: November 20th, 2018, 11:10 pm is it an advancement for sylph?
if yes, It take out the TC skrit from the norma skirt, keep light colors on chest armour and consider to not use gold on sylph
Okay, yes I agree that the TC looks out of place. As for the gold and light colors the reason I made those changes was to show the higher level but I agree that it doesn't look right. I will try another approach at making it look higher level and see if it works better.
Lordlewis wrote: November 23rd, 2018, 9:13 am So are there anymore units that might need a sprite or is the only thing left just the coding for each unit?
Actually I still have a very long list that I am trying to work through ;) I am not in any particular hurry to release an update unless you would like to use some of the units. Currently I am hoping to make sprites for the Bone Marauder (another advancement after the last sprite you drew), the Doom Bat (though I had a look at the TROW familiar and I don't think it will work for an advancement), Drake Chancellor, Dwarvish Cave Runner, Dwarvish High Alchemist, Elvish Star, Auxiliary Master, Scythe Master, Orcish Strafer, Woodland Enchanter, Dune Marauder lvl 5

Also on my very long list I want to improve the sprites for the: Elvish Swift, Elvish Wayfarer, Ice Fang & Penetrator, Water Naiad, Elvish Heirophant.

Any help would be fantastic! :D
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

More work on the Hierophant but I really am not making it better, just going in circles. I tried silver but then it doesn't look enough like an upgrade.
Attachments
hierophant.png
hierophant.png (10.61 KiB) Viewed 8812 times
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Also here is another WIP of the Drake Fire Lord: (there is still a hole in the neck ;) )
Attachments
lord.png
lord.png (10.17 KiB) Viewed 8810 times
Edwylm

Post by Edwylm »

The Drake... Well the tail isn't right it should be behind the wings. Also the head would look better being higher. right now looks like more of a defense stance. Also try to make the head a little more bigger to make it fit with the rest of the body.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Here is a slight improvement:
Attachments
lord.png
lord.png (9.65 KiB) Viewed 8776 times