Mechanical's art

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Mechanical

Re: Mechanical's art

Post by Mechanical »

Okay, I understand you. Anyway, thanks for the discussion. Thanks to you, I had a better idea of how the Naga body works in real life.

As for the little helmet, Yes, I noticed it myself. I will fix this issue in a more or less definitive sprite in era. You noticed correctly, this lvl 2 commands the slaves. That's why, by the way, he hides his face under a helmet - in the event of an uprising, punishers like him are killed first. In General, the Naga in this faction initially command only slaves, then either become full-fledged commanders of all troops, or become punishers and specialize in slaves.
My art thread
If you like my art, try The Great Steppe Era!
Also try my Rage (16+) drakes slasher campaign!
Join the Wesnoth Modders Guild community!
Mechanical

Post by Mechanical »

A new day, a new sketch. This time I tried to draw nuckelavee.
Attachments
nukeelavi.png
nukeelavi.png (3.09 KiB) Viewed 1425 times
My art thread
ghype

Post by ghype »

Sick! amazing how much you can make with such a small color palette.
Mechanical

Post by Mechanical »

Sketched level 2. Nukelavi-black spear. Since he doesn't need to control the horse, both hands got weapons. And he is dressed in elements of armor that he removed from the soldiers he killed.
Attachments
чернокол.png
чернокол.png (4.02 KiB) Viewed 1371 times
My art thread
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Hejnewar wrote: December 5th, 2020, 11:10 pm Bull Tumen look really good, I dont think that they would fit mainline (mainline factions look natural in almost any environment, this one.. I dont think it would
They look similar to Dunefolk imo.
Hejnewar

Post by Hejnewar »

vghetto wrote: December 7th, 2020, 7:12 pm They look similar to Dunefolk imo.
I don't see dunefolk wearing winter coats but maybe that's just me. Dunefolk actually look still fine on ice / snow, but units with coats like these on desert...
Nukelavi
Their hair makes them look a bit like indians.
Mechanical

Post by Mechanical »

Hejnewar wrote: December 7th, 2020, 8:22 pm
vghetto wrote: December 7th, 2020, 7:12 pm They look similar to Dunefolk imo.
I don't see dunefolk wearing winter coats but maybe that's just me. Dunefolk actually look still fine on ice / snow, but units with coats like these on desert...
Nukelavi
Their hair makes them look a bit like indians.
I don't understand what the ogres of Tumen have in common with the people of the desert. It's a completely different design. The desert people look like something like Arabs, ogres-like Mongols and Tatars in leather and bone armor. The drawing style is also completely different.

It's cool that you have associations with Indians. I wanted to make sprites of this fraction was similar to something to the East, South, far from Europe.
My art thread
Straff

Post by Straff »

Do you think you will make attack and defend animations for your great sprites someday?
Hejnewar

Post by Hejnewar »

Mechanical wrote: December 7th, 2020, 8:35 pm I don't understand what the ogres of Tumen have in common with the people of the desert. It's a completely different design. The desert people look like something like Arabs, ogres-like Mongols and Tatars in leather and bone armor. The drawing style is also completely different.

It's cool that you have associations with Indians. I wanted to make sprites of this fraction was similar to something to the East, South, far from Europe.
Actually, bull monster, shaman, this thing all would fit indian themed faction pretty well in my opinion. I was just surprised because Nuckelavi is I think form nordic mythology.
Mechanical

Post by Mechanical »

Straff wrote: December 7th, 2020, 9:23 pm Do you think you will make attack and defend animations for your great sprites someday?
Yes, but first i need to draw and refine all the sprites.
Hejnewar wrote: December 7th, 2020, 9:33 pm Actually, bull monster, shaman, this thing all would fit indian themed faction pretty well in my opinion. I was just surprised because Nuckelavi is I think form nordic mythology.
Yes, nuckelavee are creatures from mythology of the Celts, but I thought that the concept of rider-mutant suitable for the east. lore steppe nuckelavee, respectively, I changed under theme of the steppe.
My art thread
Mechanical

Post by Mechanical »

Another nuckelavee. Banshitaur, another lvl2. Yes, there are screaming heads on the chest.
Attachments
баньшитавр.png
баньшитавр.png (3.5 KiB) Viewed 1268 times
My art thread
ghype

Post by ghype »

really cool this one as well. with the magenta on its arm it looks a bit confusing since the long arm is on the same line as with the horses back leg. but i a sure in-game with others colours it will look better (except red maybe?)
Mechanical

Post by Mechanical »

Thanks! Everything looks normal in the game. Maybe I'll show you a screenshot later.

Today I drew a sketch of an Eastern vampire. During the day, it looks like a person, at night it will turn into a creepy ghoul. So far, the daily version. According to the idea, this is a warrior in dark clothes and an iron mask like the Polovtsians.
Attachments
vampire.png
vampire.png (2.24 KiB) Viewed 1166 times
My art thread
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Mechanical wrote: December 9th, 2020, 8:09 pm Thanks! Everything looks normal in the game. Maybe I'll show you a screenshot later.

Today I drew a sketch of an Eastern vampire. During the day, it looks like a person, at night it will turn into a creepy ghoul. So far, the daily version. According to the idea, this is a warrior in dark clothes and an iron mask like the Polovtsians.
Still haven't fixed the spelling like I told you on discord? :P

Otherwise, great sprite.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
ghype

Post by ghype »

Mechanical wrote: December 9th, 2020, 8:09 pm Today I drew a sketch of an Eastern vampire. During the day, it looks like a person, at night it will turn into a creepy ghoul. So far, the daily version. According to the idea, this is a warrior in dark clothes and an iron mask like the Polovtsians.
Nice sprite again!
I just want to comment on the shield however, it looks the shield is facing a bit too much in the wrong directions. Right now it is facing to the left but the way he holds it and also combat with according to his stance - wouldn't he hold it a bit more tilted to the right?