Terrain Elevation

Make art for user-made content.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
princesanjaya

Terrain Elevation

Post by princesanjaya » February 2nd, 2014, 5:07 pm

I've been trying to crate scenarios which involves a siege on a castle which sits atop a spiraling hill of sorts, but sadly their isn't any way to raise terrain at all. I was wondering if their is any plans on developing such a feature in the game?

Lord-Knightmare
Forum Regular
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Terrain Elevation

Post by Lord-Knightmare » February 2nd, 2014, 5:13 pm

There are cliff terrains available in UMC(s). Maybe you might try checking some out.

Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran » February 2nd, 2014, 5:27 pm

the gradient of (swamp -> flat terrains -> hills -> mountains -> impassable mountains) is the poor man's height gradient!

Moderator Emeritus

Post by 8680 » February 2nd, 2014, 9:16 pm

Moving this from Art Contributions to Art Workshop, seeing as it’s for UMC, not mainline.
Lord-Knightmare wrote:There are cliff terrains available in UMC(s). Maybe you might try checking some out.
Specifically, see “mesilliac's terrain graphics thread” and “Cliff from Mesilliac”.

doofus-01
Art Contributor

Post by doofus-01 » February 3rd, 2014, 5:21 am

It's not the same as the mentioned cliffs terrain, but I asked for something that is possibly relevant to your request: http://forum.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=39173
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects

princesanjaya

Post by princesanjaya » February 3rd, 2014, 7:20 pm

See what im looking for specifically is for creating detailed maps of small zones in a large map, to do that I cant use the mountain graphic because it simply does not look nice nor does it invoke a sense of elevation in the game.