Order of Magic art

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Nightshayde

Order of Magic art

Post by Nightshayde »

This will be where i post any updates on art for my new Order of Magic faction. All of the sprites are pretty much just edits and frankies, so I'll slowly be updating them. I've started work on the Chosen unit, and I'd like to know what everyone's opinion is.
Attachments
Chosen Comparison.png
Chosen Comparison.png (6.94 KiB) Viewed 2800 times
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and say someone famous said it"
-Abraham Lincoln
Dugi

Re: Order of Magic art

Post by Dugi »

The older one looks better than the new one. What's the point of redoing frankensteins if they look so good?
Nightshayde

Post by Nightshayde »

All the units look too similar, and i want to improve on spriting.
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and say someone famous said it"
-Abraham Lincoln
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Not sure if the worse quality is worth it. You might want to improve your skills at spriting by animating them.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Dugi wrote:Not sure if the worse quality is worth it. You might want to improve your skills at spriting by animating them.
Say what???

Go for making new sprites if you want to, Nightshayde. Really look at the mainline units to get the proportions similar, and zoom in on the portions of sprites that you'd like to mimic or use as a model (such as the Loyalist Lieutenant torso armor, for a random example), to see the pixel patterns. Your first sprites will not be so good, but the same was true for everyone else, don't get discouraged.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects