Rapture's Art

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Rapture

Rapture's Art

Post by Rapture »

Everyone's Art work here is fantastic! I'm an artist myself and I specialize in drawing still life but
most of all anime and I would love to contribute some of my drawings here for you guys, also I
would like to start working on wesnoth artwork and submit it in due course, I recently played as
the drakes on the wesnoth game and I would be thrilled to improve them.
- Rapture -
Frogger5

Re: Rapture's Art

Post by Frogger5 »

Welcome to the forums! :D Always good to have another artist around here. Perhaps you'd like to upload some of your work for us to see?
My spritework can be seen here.

Want to play Roll 2 Dodge, or even start your own game?http://rolltododge.freeforums.org/index.php We need you!
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

Frogger5 wrote:Welcome to the forums! :D Always good to have another artist around here. Perhaps you'd like to upload some of your work for us to see?
Hear hear!

Unfortunately, Wesnoth might be a bit of an artistic culture shock to you...we have portraits that are much more realistic than anime, and unit sprites that are made out of raw pixels. Be great if you can do that too though :)
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!
Moderator Emeritus

Post by 8680 »

Reepurr wrote:Unfortunately, Wesnoth might be a bit of an artistic culture shock to you...we have portraits that are much more realistic than anime, ...
Rapture, bear in mind this only applies to mainline. Unless your work's truly horrible (or in black and white), I'm sure some [acronym=User Made/Maintained Content, i.e. add-ons]UMC[/acronym] author(s) would be glad to use it. They always want more art.
Rapture

Post by Rapture »

Okay I have lots of work I want to upload but it won't be possible any time soon until I can buy
a new decent scanner, I rely on my sisters so until I purchase a good one at an affordable price
you guys will have to wait but I will also post ideas on art designs and story lines which will
be very exciting for the wesnoth community. I have several new fractions I will like to post
and try to find someone who has the computer program skills to put it all together, sorry
computer programing isn't my strong point but I would like to slowly learn so I can become
a better asset to propel the free online gaming community into a strong focus of success. It's
my philosophy that games shouldn't contain a price tag and that they should be freely available
to people of all ages because the big gaming companies make millions of money from games and
all the profit goes to the big guys at the top while the people at the bottom are more or less left
with nothing, gaming should be fun and wesnoth is a great starting point to ensure that greatness.
- Rapture -
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

Sorry if you feel I am shooting down your comments, it's just a coincidence that I replied to two of yours in a row :P No offense intended.
Rapture wrote:I have several new fractions I will like to post and try to find someone who has the computer program skills to put it all together, sorry computer programing isn't my strong point
This is something that comes up every now and then. Basically, nobody is gonna put in more work on one of your projects than you are gonna put yourself. Having ideas and designing is mostly the fun part. Why would someone volunteer to work on YOUR stuff, while they could take that time to work on an idea of their own that might appeal more to them. If coding isn't your strong suit, however, maybe you could sprite the whole factions. Such has been since in the past: if you have a good design idea and produce sprites, somebody might take a liking to it and code it. But don't expect to find yourself a team to create both the art and the code for your projects.

:eng: Besides, WML is pretty easy to learn, and unit/era creation is possibly the easier part of it - try it out for yourself! (click on the big "create" button at the top).

Good luck with it all and don't give up! :mrgreen:
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Actually, if Rapture creates nice artwork for his new factions, I think someone will pick that up and help him coding. Good artists are searched more for than WML coders. Even with ugly WML it's possible to create working stuff. :P

Crend
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!