I need help with two portraits (painting)

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
perseo

I need help with two portraits (painting)

Post by perseo »

Well, I think the title says all. I need to paint two portraits for a campaing that I making. One of them is for the hero, a cavalryman. The second one is for a special unit I called aphocaliptic knigt (a mix between skeleton and ghost with a horse under it). I have done some drafts with a pencil and a paper, I think they aren't bad but I don't know how to paint it with the pc. If you can help me post here and I load the drafts. Otherwise If you can tell how to paint it with gimp and not spending a waste amount of time I'll be very grateful too.

PD: I've upload the knight unit image and I'm trying to scan the drafts.
Attachments
caballero_muerte.png
caballero_muerte.png (6.6 KiB) Viewed 2426 times
Last edited by perseo on January 23rd, 2011, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I was pulling a barrow, when I saw a stalking horse
what a beautiful day!- he said- for visiting a red herring
and getting hoarse."
Working on this campaign: The septentrional tower
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Re: I need two portraits (undead cavalryman and cavalryman).

Post by Astoria »

Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Lightfighter: I think perseo is asking for help drawing, not just for someone to do it for him.

perseo: This tutorial ->http://forum.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21138<- should help with making Wesnoth-style portraits.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
perseo

Post by perseo »

Yes, i don't explain it clear (or clare, i don't now how I must write it) I try to say that I don't know how to paint and I give some information for delimitate the way I must work.
and getting hoarse."
Tet

Re: I need help with two portraits (painting)

Post by Tet »

I think the Knight sprite is working allready and an undead horseman sprite I have seen in some add-ons. Just find it.
For portraits you could search deviant art or other and ask the artist for permision to use here.

If you want mainline quality you have to get to Valkier. He did the undead. I still hope for a chocobone. Right now he is entertaining himself with some characters. Maybe he is open for commissions or whatever.

I support requests. Good luck!
My Temple Project: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=29800
This is "must-play" campaign! Don´t read the thread, unless you need help. http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31895
perseo

Post by perseo »

Yes, now I've find a friend who's painting the drafts with oils and we're going to scan them. The first portait is finished. We like the results and when we finish them I'll add to my campaign (which is slow but sure growing).
PD: He wants to know that If he let me put her drawings in wesnoth he'll lose the rights over it. I've answered that more or less but I'm not 100% sure about thisparticular.
and getting hoarse."
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

give him a link to the GPL licence text for lecturre, that should tell him all he wants to know
basically he just forgoes rights to deny copying, changing and usage of the art piece, but not necessarily to be identified as its creator (just be a good friend and remember to put his name in some kind of credits or whatever)
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

And of course he still has the rights to license the painting (or the scan) otherwise (like selling it), just not exclusively, as anyone who gets it under the GPL can distribute it under the GPL himself.