Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
pauxlo

Re: WTactics: Original-art-give-back

Post by pauxlo »

eyerouge wrote:
sentry.png
Just a note if you want to use the cards as-is: There is a double "you may" in the text.
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

Well thanks for this amazing art.

I did notice that you have more on your own webside. There is that mermaid oracle in example. Without the face paint (you have that on your side) it could be a really cool level 0 mermaid to give the mermen brawler same company.

I saw two elf's made by Kitty for you. An archer and an druid. Could you post this 2 ladies, too? So far they only come with background on some kind of wiki about your game. Would your main artist be available for Wesnoth commissions?
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

This looks like a really cool project, can't wait to play it!
Will the printable cards be offered in jpg format as well?
taptap

Post by taptap »

Amazing stuff, we need more UMC to use at least a fraction of it.
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
eyerouge

Post by eyerouge »

Crow_T wrote:This looks like a really cool project, can't wait to play it!
Will the printable cards be offered in jpg format as well?
Thanks. No, the printable cards won't be offered in JPG as it is a pretty lossy format. For the sake of quality we'll offer them as hi-res PDF, easy to print. In addiiton, hi-res versions of all cards will be available as PNG or some other standard format. It will then be very easy for anyone to maintain a collection of the cards in any format he/she wants to, and nothing we'd object to. On the contrary.
taptap wrote:Amazing stuff, we need more UMC to use at least a fraction of it.
Thanks. There are already a lot of good UMC's around. Problem from my perspective is mainly that it gets outdated/stays unmaintained due to people coming and going from the BfW community and how the BfW-updates work...

More goodies... and a huge thanks to Bart K of http://opengameart.org for helping out by paying for these >>
d1.png
d2.png
dwarfbarbarian.wtactics.org.png
dwarf.inkeeper.wtactics.org.png
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

The hero is back! The 2 dwarfs are awesome. Could we have the 2 elves Kitty made for you too?
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

No, the printable cards won't be offered in JPG as it is a pretty lossy format. For the sake of quality we'll offer them as hi-res PDF, easy to print.
* as a side note I print sometimes thousands of images from jpegs every day, from 3.5" x 5" up to 24" x 96". As long as the pixel depth is there and you don't use compression jpegs print out fine. You would not be able to tell the difference between a huge tif and a smaller jpeg as long as the pixel resolution is the same. Just to clarify of course, do what you want ;) Many printing services readily accept the jpeg format over any other because it's small and fast to upload.
gooby

Post by gooby »

I am sometimes taken aback by the immense talent of some of the artists here.

Had this in mind specifically: