Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Gwynnedrion

Re: Update: Placid

Post by Gwynnedrion »

eyerouge wrote:
placid.png
Wait, you can get them in Latin? Sweeet :)
”Rise, adept, and tell me about the enemy.”

You are a Horseman: you charge ahead without thinking of the consequences.(80%)
pauxlo

Re: Update: Placid

Post by pauxlo »

Gwynnedrion wrote:Wait, you can get them in Latin? Sweeet :)
It is only a pseudo latin text.
eyerouge

Re: WTactics: Original-art-give-back

Post by eyerouge »

wt_imperial_guard.png
wt_imperial_guard.png (178.71 KiB) Viewed 4673 times
WT_imperial_g.png
WT_imperial_g.png (210.95 KiB) Viewed 4673 times
On the Latin issue: As replied, it's not really correct latin. It also makes little to no sense releasing a card game in latin, since very few would be able to fully understand it (and those that do seldom play CCG:s). I would however fully support you or anyone that would want to translate it all into latin or any other language. (Currently I have only English & Swedish covered. An Italian person has shown interest in translating it all to Italian, but the rest of the world awaits...)
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

Is this stuff available to go into mainline, and if so, could you let us know artists' contact details etc? That would make an excellent alt for the Swordsman.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
eyerouge

Post by eyerouge »

thespaceinvader wrote:Is this stuff available to go into mainline, and if so, could you let us know artists' contact details etc? That would make an excellent alt for the Swordsman.
Sure, if you have use of whatever just go ahead. Would be cool if anything related to BfW found any usage for it. It's available in higher res. and with PS-layers intact if needed.

I'll PM you the details you asked for as I don't want to publish the artists e-mail in a public forum without his consent.
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Thanks =) I'll drop him a line when you do. SHouldn't need any hi res layers stuff for commit, but having a copy available would be nice - if you could PM it to me that would be good.

EDIT: OK, I've committed the Imperial Guard to trunk as a swordsman alt - but I'm going to leave this thread here for now, since most of the images, while of mainline standard, are not art that we actuallly need, so it doesn't belong in contribs.
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

eyerouge wrote:
  1. All is GPL3.
The WTactics site says it's both GPLv3 and GPLv2+. Could you change the quoted part at the start of the thread? This would help to clear up some licensing issues. (GPLv3-only stuff isn't allowed on the add-on server for one)
eyerouge

Post by eyerouge »

AI wrote:
eyerouge wrote:
  1. All is GPL3.
The WTactics site says it's both GPLv3 and GPLv2+. Could you change the quoted part at the start of the thread? This would help to clear up some licensing issues. (GPLv3-only stuff isn't allowed on the add-on server for one)
Oops. My bad: The WT-site is correct - I'll fix it here in the initial post. :)
eyerouge

Post by eyerouge »

Border Patrol.png
Border Patrol.png (183.28 KiB) Viewed 4458 times
Art_BorderPatrol.png
Art_BorderPatrol.png (185.42 KiB) Viewed 4458 times
Legal:
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

*tries to think if there's anywhere that could be useful for mainline...*

I can;t think of anywhere, annoyingly. But someone needs to use that picture, it's awesome. It's by the same artist as before, right?
eyerouge

Post by eyerouge »

thespaceinvader wrote:It's by the same artist as before, right?
Yes. it is.
Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by Eleazar »

thespaceinvader wrote:*tries to think if there's anywhere that could be useful for mainline...*

I can't think of anywhere, annoyingly.
Why not add quality generally useful portraits that don't belong to a specific unit?

It would be theoretically nice if all characters had a unique, quality portrait, but there's a ton of duplication among UMC portraits.
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
Speedbrain

Post by Speedbrain »

I think he can't find a place to use it is there are no female swordsmen in mainline. It does look fantastic, though. :)
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Eleazar wrote:
thespaceinvader wrote:*tries to think if there's anywhere that could be useful for mainline...*

I can't think of anywhere, annoyingly.
Why not add quality generally useful portraits that don't belong to a specific unit?

It would be theoretically nice if all characters had a unique, quality portrait, but there's a ton of duplication among UMC portraits.
The main reason, as Speedbrain suggested, is that I can't think of a single unit it would fit as - the closest would be a female rogue, I think, but it's not quite right for that, or Li'Sar, who has her own portrait. Dela Keshar could also fit, but she uses a staff. Including good portraits in mainline is worthwhile when they fit a current unit, IMO, but including them on the offchance someone might use them for a character seems a little over the top.

Unless I've missed someone major... We're kinda deficient in female heroes, unsurprisingly given the setting.
Darker_Dreams

Post by Darker_Dreams »

people keep wanting more female units... make it a female swordsman portrait? :whistle:

:wink: