Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Oh wow. Thanks.

:D
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Zhukov wrote:Like the weapon held by my avatar unit. Just a spiky ball on a long chain. (As opposed to spiky ball attached to wooden haft via short chain which is what the default morning star image consists of.)
If you want to, feel free to remind me in...about 4-5 days via a PM, and I'll make the sounds to go with that. :) Something with a little bit of chainy metal sound, short swooshy twirling part and a metallic thud at the end. Luckily, that would work for shock troopers as well, and it feels like something that should be rather easy to do.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

If you want to make more icons here are some ideas :
- some weapons for the Kalifa, especially the Naffatun's Naphta throw attack and composite bow. Perhaps some Kalifa swords too...
- an alternate (generic ?) crush icon that might work for a mutation daemon.
- a vehicule (or generic ?) slam attack icon (for dwarvish wagon units)
- a bomb attack (through the missile icon works well)
- variants of the existing weapons, especially swords, then we would give to random species : nagas, dark elves, chaos humans, ... whatever
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
Fiach Dubh

Post by Fiach Dubh »

Yet more: Any chance of a Celtic-looking sword? And a female mouth? (Seriously - I have a unit with a 'Kiss' attack...)
Jetryl wrote:Normal people are like candy ravers. You look away for a moment and next thing you know they're spreading vaseline on your nipples and cooing like a pigeon.
Xan
Inactive Developer

Post by Xan »

Fiach Dubh wrote:a female mouth? (Seriously - I have a unit with a 'Kiss' attack...)
I believe fmunoz made a icon for this at some point; not sure exactly where it is.
Krispos wrote:How do you make these icons? Or rather... in what do you make them?
Adobe Photoshop CS2.
"It is time people learned about their failures and my successes."
kbaskins
Art Developer

Post by kbaskins »

Xan wrote:
Fiach Dubh wrote:a female mouth? (Seriously - I have a unit with a 'Kiss' attack...)
I believe fmunoz made a icon for this at some point; not sure exactly where it is.
The one I recall was a vampire lady fang attack icon http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... f14fbd6795. Maybe it can be edited to suit your purposes.

--

Karen
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Xan wrote:
Krispos wrote:How do you make these icons? Or rather... in what do you make them?
Adobe Photoshop CS2.
Adobe Photoshop CS2.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

Nice, though everyone is shouting out what they want, perhaps a better looking Wild Elf swords, and perhaps a Thunderblade attack icon?

If not, I don't mind, as I can see you are extremely busy.
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

I'm somewhat less busy than usual, hence I might take a few of these on...
Oreb wrote:Wild Elf swords
Describe them, preferably with photos of something vaguely similar.
Oreb wrote:and perhaps a Thunderblade attack icon?
Important question - is the thunderblade a sword that has lightning dancing on it?

Fiach Dubh wrote:Any chance of a Celtic-looking sword?
Again, I need some idea of what it looks like, but lucky for you, you might be able to find a replica in the following link that is quite more than a vague likeness of what you want.

http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/Designing_w ... and_armour
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Jetryl wrote:I'm somewhat less busy than usual, hence I might take a few of these on...
Oreb wrote:Wild Elf swords
Describe them, preferably with photos of something vaguely similar.
I don't know how they are supposed to look. Wild elves are chaotics elves, a little celtic with some magic that relies on elements (especially thunder).
Oreb wrote:and perhaps a Thunderblade attack icon?
Important question - is the thunderblade a sword that has lightning dancing on it?
Yes, more or less ...
Here is how the unit with the thunderblade looks like : Image

Btw more information about the Kalifa :
- They are a middle-est faction. Perhaps Noy and Becephalus can give you more detailled information if necessary.
- they use 2 type of sword : long swords and cavalry swords (scimitars ?)
- the napha thow is some kind of antic flamethower
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
-wight-

Post by -wight- »

Fiach Dubh wrote:Yet more: Any chance of a Celtic-looking sword? And a female mouth? (Seriously - I have a unit with a 'Kiss' attack...)
like this?
Attachments
lips.png
lips.png (6.36 KiB) Viewed 4233 times
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

-wight- wrote:
Fiach Dubh wrote:Yet more: Any chance of a Celtic-looking sword? And a female mouth? (Seriously - I have a unit with a 'Kiss' attack...)
like this?
Posting copywritten art is a serious offense, don't do it again, or you'll get banned. In the unlikely event that you did indeed create that yourself, which you will have to prove, we'll welcome your future work with open arms.
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

Do we actually have it written down somewhere that banning is policy for posting copyright? I'm just wondering how much warning people get (besides all the examples on the forums, of course...)

Not that I'm opposed to it, of course. I'm the bad cop, remember? But I do like to have the law down in letter. Of course, I might just have forgotten it.

EDIT: That is to say... I know it says not to, but it doesn't say doing it gets you banned. We might want to add that to the Read This First thread.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Add it to that list - feel free to edit my post to insert something like "... is grounds for being banned from the forum, either temporarily or permanently."

It's worth noting to them that the risk to us; (the spectre of "being sued out of existence"), is not worth any amount of work saved by stealing when we could do the work ourselves.

Is it morally wrong? Perhaps, but...
It is legally wrong. Unquestionably.

And that is why we can't do it.
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

His work here looks pretty good to me:
http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... c&start=15
This is from a non-artist's point of view of course.
Sorry for the meaningless post