halo disappears during movement

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Helmet

halo disappears during movement

Post by Helmet »

In my scenario, a mermaid initiate is caught in a net and dragged onto land. The net is a halo effect added to the mermaid via modify_unit. The problem is, the net disappears during the mermaid's movement, then reappears when she stops. I would like the net to not disappear, but glide along with her, much like the Mage of Light's halo effect.

How do I do that? Thanks.

EDIT: I'm on 1.15.7, just in case it's a bug. Somebody suggested it may be a bug, but I don't know.

Code: Select all

[modify_unit]
			[filter]
				id=Finya
			[/filter]
			[effect]
				apply_to=halo
				halo=halo/net.png
			[/effect]
		[/modify_unit]
		[move_unit]
			id=Finya
			to_x=6
			to_y=4
		[/move_unit]

Author of:
DIY Campaign, Confederacy of Swamp Creatures: Big Battle 1, Confederacy of Swamp Creatures: Big Battle 2, Frogfolk Delivery Service, The Pool of Ek.
Helmet

Re: halo disappears during movement

Post by Helmet »

Tried this. Same result.

Any ideas?

Code: Select all

[store_unit]
			[filter]
				id=Finya
			[/filter]
			variable=target_finya
		[/store_unit]

[set_variable]
			name=target_finya.halo
			value="halo/net.png"
		[/set_variable]

[unstore_unit]
			variable=target_finya
			find_vacant=no
		[/unstore_unit]
Author of:
DIY Campaign, Confederacy of Swamp Creatures: Big Battle 1, Confederacy of Swamp Creatures: Big Battle 2, Frogfolk Delivery Service, The Pool of Ek.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

I checked in 1.14, and it's the same. Apparently WML added halos (so the ones that are not directly in [unit_type]) are not rendered when the unit is moved by WML actions. Looks like a bug to me.
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

WhiteWolf wrote: December 8th, 2020, 10:44 pm I checked in 1.14, and it's the same. Apparently WML added halos (so the ones that are not directly in [unit_type]) are not rendered when the unit is moved by WML actions. Looks like a bug to me.
Thank you! I was perplexed.

For the cut-scene, I'll make a similar mermaid [unit_type] with a net halo. That should work.

I'll report the bug.
Author of: