How to Replace default global traits in custom Era

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Ranger

How to Replace default global traits in custom Era

Post by Ranger »

I'm currently learning WML by tweaking VerySimpleEra, allegedly created specifically for newbies to practice. I managed to add the new traits to the Era's poll but I want to remove the global traits e.g.(strong,resilient,intelligent,quick) to replace them later with custom version. Help.
The one way I can think it can be done is to set ignore_global_traits=yes and then redefine default races giving them custom set of traits buuuut I'm sure there is a better way to do this.
Calling a spear a spoon and then saying "our spoons are different, WINR," is kind of unsatisfying, isn't it?
ForestDragon

Re: How to Replace default global traits in custom Era

Post by ForestDragon »

well, you can add an event when recruiting that will first remove the existing unit's traits, and then having a RAND, with new varibiable ids, sorry, i am too busy to how you right now, but maybe one of moderators might show the details
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic