Promoting Mainline

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
MerlinCross

Promoting Mainline

Post by MerlinCross »

So here's an interesting question. Is there anyway to Advance a mainline unit, like a Goblin Rouser or Spearman, into another unit?

What I mean is that can you make this happen, without going into the mainline unit data and changing the "advances_to" section. As I would like this to happen just in the campaign I'm toying with, not across everything. Trying to make a 'clone' of the unit and putting that into the campaign doesn't seem to do anything. Advise?
pe_em

Re: Promoting Mainline

Post by pe_em »

It is pretty simple - use [modify_unit] - here you can change the advancements for the single unit(s), not changing them for the unit type.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: Promoting Mainline

Post by zookeeper »

Making your own copy of the unit type (with a different id) always works. But you can also use [advancefrom] if it's a custom unit type you want it to advance to. Or, as pe_em said, you can make direct modifications to individual units, but note that this won't be reflected in the unit help pages.