Idea: Add configuration option to Add-ons

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
tekelili

Idea: Add configuration option to Add-ons

Post by tekelili »

I know is quite late for 1.12 but just suggexting it as feature for 1.13

To allow user different grades of compatibility for different playing proposes, I am including a config.cfg file with macros defined as "no". User can define any them as yes editing file. My add-on uses #ifver to handle user configuration.

Would be nice if in the "Add-ons" option in main screen, were added a "configure add-ons" option that could define macros (as [multiplayer] defines #MULTIPLAYER) and handle them with #ifdef.

That way Add-ons could be configured without user havind to find Add-ons folder and editing files. :)
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
gfgtdf
Developer

Re: Idea: Add configuration option to Add-ons

Post by gfgtdf »

in mp (in eras, scenarios and modifications ) it is possible to have [option]s that can be adjusted at the start of a game. And there is a plan to enable the same in SP as part of the "unify SP and MP" project if i am correct.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

I tried use [modification] for my proposes, but after read it in wiki, I becomed to think it can not serve. As example, one of my configurable options enable or disables translation.

#ifver then load different files with different definition for same string macros and then they are used in my custom era (as era.name). I dont see how do that with a [modification] :|

Edit: Just in case I am wrong, here is my _main.cfg

Code: Select all

# MP Campaign

{~add-ons/World_Conquest_II/config.cfg}

#ifver WC_II_TRANSLATED == yes
    [textdomain]
        name="wesnoth-World_Conquest_II"
        path=data/add-ons/World_Conquest_II/translations
    [/textdomain]
#endif

#ifdef MULTIPLAYER
    [binary_path]
        path=data/add-ons/World_Conquest_II
    [/binary_path]
    {~add-ons/World_Conquest_II/utils/strings}
    {~add-ons/World_Conquest_II/utils/era}
#ifver WC_II_CUSTOM_TERRAIN == yes
    {~add-ons/World_Conquest_II/terrain-graphics}
#endif
    {~add-ons/World_Conquest_II/utils/era/factions}
    {~add-ons/World_Conquest_II/utils}
    {~add-ons/World_Conquest_II/utils/maps}
    {~add-ons/World_Conquest_II/scenarios/3p}
    {~add-ons/World_Conquest_II/scenarios/2p}
    {~add-ons/World_Conquest_II/scenarios/1p}

[era]
        id= {STR_ERA_ID_WC_II}
        name= {STR_ERA_NAME_WC_II}
        require_era={WC_II_CUSTOM_TERRAIN}
        description={STR_ERA_DESCRIPTION_WC_II}
        allow_scenario={STR_SCENARIO_CAMPAIGN_ID 3},{STR_SCENARIO_CAMPAIGN_ID 2},{STR_SCENARIO_CAMPAIGN_ID 1}

{MULTIPLAYER_SIDE_RANDOM_WC_II}
        {MULTIPLAYER_SIDE_THE_HORDE}
        {MULTIPLAYER_SIDE_THE_ALLIANCE}
        {MULTIPLAYER_SIDE_THE_GUILD}
        {MULTIPLAYER_SIDE_THE_TRUST}
        {MULTIPLAYER_SIDE_THE_GANG}
        {MULTIPLAYER_SIDE_THE_CULT}
        {MULTIPLAYER_SIDE_THE_MILITIA}
        {MULTIPLAYER_SIDE_THE_SCOURGE}
        {MULTIPLAYER_SIDE_THE_HAND}

# events fixed for WC, defined for players 1,2,3
        {WORLD_CONQUEST_II_ERA_CREATE_RANDOM_LIST_EVENT}
        {WORLD_CONQUEST_II_ERA_MODIFY_RECRUITING_EVENT}
    [/era]
#endif
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

as somone who uses lua for nearly everything in add-ons i don't have this problem for my strings. But yes that seems not to be possible with [option].

If you want more controll over wml you might want to try the new (1.13) "core modification" feature, i dont exactly know how to uses but it looks liek it can give you what you want.

Is there a special reason why do you want to disable translation and see the the "female^quick" and similar string ?
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

gfgtdf wrote: Is there a special reason why do you want to disable translation and see the the "female^quick" and similar string ?
Im not disabling wesnoth usual translations, just translations over strings defined by me that becomed stored in variables. In mp server, after save/reload game those strings are translatated to host language settings, wich can be worse for other players than just English untranslated.

When I disable translations, I define some strings macros in different way to avoid the ugly "femmale^" 8)
World Conquest II
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

so if one stores translated strings in a variable and unstoes then after a reload in another language they are still translated in the original language? That sounds like a wesnoth bug to me.

And this happens only in mp?
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

gfgtdf wrote:so if one stores translated strings in a variable and unstoes then after a reload in another language they are still translated in the original language? That sounds like a wesnoth bug to me.

And this happens only in mp?
It also sound as a bug to me. To reproduce it, just define [objectives] wtih a translatable unit name string inside and define apropiate textdomain. After save reload you can check that string wont change in ojectives display even if you change your language settings.

I guess it also happens in sp, or multiplayer hot seat, but should be very rare that users even notice it in such enverioments.
World Conquest II
iceiceice

Post by iceiceice »

gfgtdf wrote:That sounds like a wesnoth bug to me.
tekelili wrote:It also sound as a bug to me.
It sounds like this bug to me. :hmm:

Coincidence, I think not!