Modifications in MP campaigns

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
James_The_Invisible

Modifications in MP campaigns

Post by James_The_Invisible »

I decided to make MP scenarios from For Power appear like a campaign on newer development versions of Wesnoth. It was rather easy but I came across one issue. I disallowed using all but 2 modifications with my scenarios but now, when it is a campaign I can run it with (probably) all possible modifications. Is this intended? Or am I doing something wrongly? Both scenarios are still enclosed by [multiplayer] tags and in the first one I have written

Code: Select all

allow_modification=plan_your_advancements,Automatic_End_Turn
. The only important changes which I made since the last version on 1.11 and 1.12 add-ons server are in _main.cfg file. I am attaching my working version of it.

Edit: well, I have figured out by myself that this is happening because the first scenario was not processed yet. But I think that it would be possible for add-ons authors to have a list of modifications which want/do want to be used with their multiplayer campaigns.

[Moved topic from Technical Support to WML Workshop at 2014-04-27 05:34:57 UTC — 8680]
Attachments
_main.cfg
(9.15 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
Battlecruiser_Venca

Re: Modifications in MP campaigns

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

When trying out the LotI Mod in a MP campaign it looked that it only affected the first scenario of a campaign. Is that a Wesnoth bug?
lipk
Developer

Re: Modifications in MP campaigns

Post by lipk »

Battlecruiser_Venca wrote:When trying out the LotI Mod in a MP campaign it looked that it only affected the first scenario of a campaign. Is that a Wesnoth bug?
Yes.