Wesnoth User Made Content IDE [2.0.3]

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.

What's your usage of the UMC IDE?

I don't use it, but I plan to.
42%
I don't use it and I don't plan to.
26%
I use it seldom
18%
I use it regularly.
14%

Total votes: 57

Adamant14

Re: Wesnoth User Made Content IDE [2.0.1]

Post by Adamant14 »

Thank you for the tip. :)
It runs now, exept the WML tools. :(

Here are the error messages for all three tools:

Code: Select all

File "C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.3\data\tools\wmlindent", line 260
    except bailout, e:
                  ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

File "C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.3\data\tools\wmlscope", line 145
    print "%s: %s macro %s is unused" % (defn, type, name)
                                    ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

File "C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.3\data\tools\wmllint", line 530
My path to Python is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Python\python.exe
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
timotei
Inactive Developer

Post by timotei »

I am sorry, but I can't help with that. It seems it's a wml* tools related problem. Are you using by chance Python 3?

You could try to invoke manually from the command line the wmltool to see if you still get those errors.
Wesnoth User Made Content IDE/Plugin - an easier way of developing new content for Wesnoth.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

timotei wrote:Are you using by chance Python 3?
Yes,I used Python 3. (seems that was the problem)

I de-installed it, and installed Python 2.7 ... and now everything works perfect. :)

You are great. :)

Thank you for your help.
And thank you for this great program. :)
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
timotei
Inactive Developer

Post by timotei »

You are welcome.

Btw, it is worth to read the user's manual before using/installing the plugin, there are some things you'd like to know before :) - This Python "issue" was written in there.

Anyway, hope you'll find the program useful.
Wesnoth User Made Content IDE/Plugin - an easier way of developing new content for Wesnoth.
cephalo

Post by cephalo »

Thanks again for this great tool! After almost 9 months I just uploaded my first campaign made exclusively with this IDE!

Here is the thread.
Dwarven_Void

Post by Dwarven_Void »

I am trying this tool, as it looks potentially really useful.

However, the main functionality I want from it is the WML tools integration. I can't seem to find this anywhere. Am I missing something?
timotei
Inactive Developer

Post by timotei »

You can find the menu after you right-click a project inside the IDE. There is the "WML Tools" menu.
Lypeth

Post by Lypeth »

This may be a silly question, but i can't find any view option for automatic word wrapping as notepad++ provides for instances. Am i missing the obvious or doesn't the umc plugin provide an option to do so?
timotei
Inactive Developer

Post by timotei »

It is not a silly question. Unfortunately, no, it's not available.

See: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... ap#p481539
Lypeth

Post by Lypeth »

Is Ecplipse needed to follow your steps as described in the link? Since i installed the standalone version of the umc plugin, i can't open Ecplipse.
timotei
Inactive Developer

Post by timotei »

Technically, the standalone versio contains bits of Eclipse :)
cephalo

Post by cephalo »

Is there a way to set up and use multiple workspaces with the stand alone version? I made my campaign for Wesnoth 1.10, and now I'm having all kinds of issues with 1.11.2 and I'd like to maintain two versions. When I go to 'Setup Workspace' it won't let me make another one, it just tells me everything is set up!
timotei
Inactive Developer

Post by timotei »

Hi,

You can set up multiple wesnoth installs. Go to the preferences, 'Wesnoth UMC' menu, and 'Wesnoth installs' subsection.

Then, go to the project properties, 'Wesnoth' section and select the install you want to use.

PS: If you want the normal eclipse-ish workspace behaviour, I am sorry, but it's not implemented. The default: 'file', 'switch workspace', 'other' workflow doesn't seem to work for me, though you could try and see what happens. If it doesn't work, you can just use two different standalone folders for launching the separate workspaces.
alluton

Post by alluton »

I tried to try this program. It gives error. Here is the error log.
"This game cured me of my real life addiction."
-Flameslash
Max

Post by Max »

java.lang.IllegalStateException: The platform metadata area could not be written: C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.6\UMC_DEV_IDE\wesnoth_umc_dev\workspace\.metadata. By default the platform writes its content
under the current working directory when the platform is launched. Use the -data parameter to
specify a different content area for the platform.
you don't have write permissions in this folder. you could change the permissions or move the UMC_DEV_IDE to e.g. your wesnoth userdata folder.