Wesnoth User Made Content IDE [2.0.3]

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.

What's your usage of the UMC IDE?

I don't use it, but I plan to.
42%
I don't use it and I don't plan to.
26%
I use it seldom
18%
I use it regularly.
14%

Total votes: 57

timotei
Inactive Developer

Re: Wesnoth Eclipse User Made Content Plugin

Post by timotei »

Hi Crend,

The Wesnoth menu is in the main menu, just where File, View, Edit are in usual apps. If you find it, then it's ok.

If not, please fill in a bug.

PS: thanks for the info, I shall update the documentation to be more specific :)

Thanks,
Timo
Wesnoth User Made Content IDE/Plugin - an easier way of developing new content for Wesnoth.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

I tried to follow the instructions in the "For Developers" section of the Readme - and this time I managed to run the plugin. But I only can run it from eclipse (so I have to have two eclipse windows open). Is this intended or is there anything wrong with my Eclipse? :hmm:

Crend
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
timotei
Inactive Developer

Post by timotei »

If you go the developers way, that means you want to modify the plugin's code. So having 2 windows opened is normal in this case :).
Wesnoth User Made Content IDE/Plugin - an easier way of developing new content for Wesnoth.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Thanks, good to know. I'll make some tests and try to figure out the problem with the user plugin :?

Crend
Max

Post by Max »

any chance you could include a JRE in the windows package?
timotei
Inactive Developer

Post by timotei »

Crendgrim wrote:Thanks, good to know. I'll make some tests and try to figure out the problem with the user plugin :?

Crend
The problem of the menu not appearing was already fixed. Check out this bug: https://gna.org/bugs/index.php?17390
Max wrote:any chance you could include a JRE in the windows package?
Hi Max!
Yes. I will do this, as soon as I finish with my exams session ;) That is, after 6 february.

Could you please file a new bug: Include JRE in standalone Wesnoth, so I won't miss this one, please?

Thanks,
Timo
Max

Post by Max »

Mussious

Post by Mussious »

I wonder if you could list all dependencies of the plug in here.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

timotei:
Thanks for your help again :)

Mussious:
I think you should look here: http://eclipse.wesnoth.org/doc_howto.html. There's a link to a README.pdf in which the whole installation progress is described. :?
AFAIK you only need Java and Eclipse (or only the first one if you want to install the standalone version) ;)

Crend
timotei
Inactive Developer

Post by timotei »

Mussious wrote:I wonder if you could list all dependencies of the plug in here.
Well... there is a "different" dependencies list of the plugin, depending of the current eclipse environment installed plugin.

At the moment, starting from Eclipse 3.6, Helios, the plugin installation gathers all it's required plugin Automatically from Eclipse's update site, so you don't need explicit installing.

Do you need the list for something special?

For example, here is the required plugins/bundles for the main plugin:
  • Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.ui,
    org.eclipse.core.runtime,
    org.eclipse.core.resources,
    org.eclipse.ui.ide,
    org.eclipse.jface.text;bundle-version="3.3.0",
    org.eclipse.ui.editors;bundle-version="3.3.0",
    org.apache.ant;bundle-version="1.7.1",
    org.eclipse.core.filesystem;bundle-version="1.2.1",
    org.eclipse.ui.console;bundle-version="3.4.0",
    org.eclipse.xtext.builder;bundle-version="1.0.0",
    org.eclipse.xtext.ui;bundle-version="1.0.0",
    org.eclipse.ui.navigator;bundle-version="3.5.0",
    org.eclipse.ui.navigator.resources,
    org.eclipse.ui.intro,
    org.eclipse.ui.intro.universal
You can find this info usually in the META-INF/manifest.mf file, from each project folder.

Timo
bvanevery

Post by bvanevery »

Is word wrap available in the standalone IDE? I looked through all the preference settings but I could not find it. Word wrap is essential for editing long pieces of narrative. Having to move the horizontal scroll bar back and forth is very painful compared to, say, word wrap in a lightweight text editor such as SciTE.
To Lands Unknown, an Arabesque adventure of stunning background art, mobile summoning, and strong storytelling.
timotei
Inactive Developer

Post by timotei »

bvanevery wrote:Is word wrap available in the standalone IDE? I looked through all the preference settings but I could not find it. Word wrap is essential for editing long pieces of narrative. Having to move the horizontal scroll bar back and forth is very painful compared to, say, word wrap in a lightweight text editor such as SciTE.
Unfortunately not. It's not available into the eclipse framework: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=35779 .

But you can set eclipse to wrap automatically the text after x (usually 80) lines: Window->Preferences->Java->Code Style->Formatter.

Have fun,
Timo
bvanevery

Post by bvanevery »

timotei wrote:Unfortunately not. It's not available into the eclipse framework: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=35779 .
OMG that bug is 8 years old and still going strong! Since it's totally out of your hands, I'll make a point to use the UMC IDE for other purposes, to contribute to the testing. Just not for editing narrative.
To Lands Unknown, an Arabesque adventure of stunning background art, mobile summoning, and strong storytelling.
archdukeiago

Post by archdukeiago »

I downloaded the standalone app, and have both JDK and JRE installed, but get a error message every time I try to run the app.
"A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK) must be available in order to run Wesnoth_umc. No Java virtual machine was found after searching the following locations:
C:\Users\ME\Downloads\wesnoth_umc.win32.x86_64\jre\bin\javaw.exe
javaw.exe in your current PATH"

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I fixed that error by copying the folder over, but now get "Failed to load the JNI shared library "C:\blah blah blah\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll""
timotei
Inactive Developer

Post by timotei »

archdukeiago wrote:I downloaded the standalone app, and have both JDK and JRE installed, but get a error message every time I try to run the app.
"A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK) must be available in order to run Wesnoth_umc. No Java virtual machine was found after searching the following locations:
C:\Users\ME\Downloads\wesnoth_umc.win32.x86_64\jre\bin\javaw.exe
javaw.exe in your current PATH"

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I fixed that error by copying the folder over, but now get "Failed to load the JNI shared library "C:\blah blah blah\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll""
What folder have you copied over?