Time of day not showed in fog/shroud ?

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
alda

Time of day not showed in fog/shroud ?

Post by alda »

Hi, I really don't find how I could do here (and even if something could be done). My problem is that we can see time of day even in fog/shroud. It doesn't matter if time of day is the same everywhere but in my case, I have braziers in my map that illuminates 2 hexes around them. This map is also fog=yes/shroud=yes and underground, so it's kind of weird that if you scroll with your mouse into the shroud, you can find where the fires are.

Is there some way to hide time of day in shroud/fog ? (i thought about something in my brazier macro that would filter unfogged locations, but didn't find anything to do it, and even if I did, I would have to set an event that would trigger everytime you move, and I feel that would be kind of awkward).
silene

Re: Time of day not showed in fog/shroud ?

Post by silene »

alda wrote:it's kind of weird that if you scroll with your mouse into the shroud, you can find where the fires are.
I consider this behavior a bug and I hope to have it fixed for 1.8. Please fill a bug at https://gna.org/bugs/?group=wesnoth so that it does not get forgotten before someone takes a look at it.
Xudo

Post by Xudo »

You can place there image of fire and custom stoned dummy units without any animations and images("fog clearer"?). Use event "sighted" to check encounter of fires. Then this event fires, you kill units and change time of day in this place.
alda

Post by alda »

I guess I'll follow silene here, bug report and wait for this problem to be fixed in a new version (hope it will be soon), cause I think trying to code something for it would be to much effort for a little thing.

Btw, I found in this thread that there had been a feature request for the ability to filter locations in vision field. Has something been done since then ?