Binary path for python AI in campaigns

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Derekkk

Binary path for python AI in campaigns

Post by Derekkk »

(This is for 1.5.10, in which python AI should work, according to the changelog)

I just want to find out how I could use my own python AI in my campaign. I have written it up nicely but I couldn't quite figure out how the game would recognise the existence of the .py file. With the python AI that comes with the game, I can do this to utilise them:

Code: Select all

[ai]
        ai_algorithm=python_ai
	python_script=bruteforce.py
    [/ai]
But if I use my own python AI, which I have saved under userdata/data/campaigns/mycampaign/ai/python, I thought all I needed to do is to set a binary path like this in my main cfg file:

[binary_path]
        path=data/campaigns/mycampaign/ai/python
    [/binary_path]
But that didn't work. The stderr.txt would say that it cannot find my python file. So I tried what's been suggested by ReferenceWML:
* python_script: is used when ai_algorithm has the value python_ai, and specifies the name of the python script the AI should use. The script is looked for in the same pathes as units, specified with binary_path.
So I added this to the main cfg file:

[+units]
        {@campaigns/mycampaign/ai/python}
    [/units]
Unfortunately this didn't work either. I wonder if anyone would know how do use your own python AI script which is saved in the campaign folder.