load_game_failled: Attempt to create a unit...

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Elven

load_game_failled: Attempt to create a unit...

Post by Elven »

load_game_failled: Attempt to create a unit on the recall list for side 5, Which does not have a recall list.

This error message i see often, very often :(

Problem is on the scenarios of my own campaign, where custom units are used. Load game works OK only when loading status before the first turn. After it, it shows that error message :(

any idea? What I have to do?

btw side 5 do not do anything with recalling - just few bandits, nothing more.

using linux version of wesnoth, 1.4.5
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of many campaigns. Everything is here on one place.
Jequ

Re: load_game_failled: Attempt to create a unit...

Post by Jequ »

Hard to say anything because you haven't given the code... I suggest you to debug the code by following the instructions in this topic: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14859
And when you have done it then post the code what causes the error. :)
opensourcejunkie

Re: load_game_failled: Attempt to create a unit...

Post by opensourcejunkie »

I'm having the same problem in my campaign; here's a link to my thread, if any of the information helps. In my campaign, I'm using what's called a "persistent side" (see SidwWML on the wiki) to keep track of multiple players with recall lists. Hopefully your campaign isn't doing anything that insane (that road seems full of peril), and your problem is simpler.

One simpler possibility is that in a previous scenario you had a human ally/player on side 5. Human players are persistent sides by default, so you'll need to kill off any remaining units on that side when the scenario ends.

If you find the bug, let me know; I'm at a loss, and about to code a rather annoying workaround.

--OSJ
what if the Bible's claims about Christ depicted accurate, verifiable history? given some research, you might be surprised at the evidence...