Wesnoth Inc Board Members -- Election

Discussion among members of the development team.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dave
Founding Developer

Wesnoth Inc Board Members -- Election

Post by Dave »

The time has come for us to choose a board of three members to decide the course of Wesnoth, Inc and some important policy decisions for Wesnoth. The way this board will work is by discussing important issues that need to be decided upon and then decide on the best course to take.

While most Wesnoth development is developer driven, we do have some financial and legal issues which need to be firmly decided by a small focused group. The things this board will decide on includes,

- How to allocate funds that Wesnoth, Inc has at its disposal to further Wesnoth's objectives
- Decisions about how to distribute Wesnoth on various app stores
- How Wesnoth, Inc should acquire funding to maintain its objectives.

Any Wesnoth developer may vote. You are a Wesnoth developer if you have git write access or if you have contributed any significant content to Wesnoth which exists in the git repository. You may vote for any number of candidates, but note that only three candidates will be chosen, so voting for all candidates is equivalent to voting for no candidates.

Candidates may vote, and I recommend they vote for two[/i] other candidates who will serve alongside them. Candidates will be considered to automatically vote for themselves (This is to avoid any awkwardness/'honor' issues about whether it is 'fair' to vote for oneself) as long as they vote for at least two other candidates.

I will not vote, though if there is a tie, I will choose how to break the tie. (Thus my vote is effectively worth half a vote).

You may vote by posting your choices in this thread or you may private message the votes to me. I will provide the vote totals at the end.

The candidates who accepted nomination:

doofus-01
iceiceice
Jetrel
tekelili
Vultraz

Edit: (Removed Aginor since he has now declined)
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Dave
Founding Developer

Re: Wesnoth Inc Board Members -- Election

Post by Dave »

I should clarify that if you have contributed any significant amount of content to Wesnoth you are also considered a developer and are eligible to vote even if you don't technically have SVN access.
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Aginor
Inactive Developer

Post by Aginor »

Hi everyone,

I have unfortunately had a change in circumstances, and as a result I have to withdraw my acceptance. In other words, please do not vote for me as I will be forced to decline the appointment if I were to get enough votes.
While I do not want to go into the reasons in public, I would most likely not be available for a full term, nor be able to meet the responsibilities and requirements to the standards that I would hold myself to.

I would also like to apologise for the extra difficulties that this causes Dave and everyone voting.

Kind regards,
Andreas (aka, Aginor)
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Am i really the first one to vote?

I vote for vultraz and doofus for now.

Most likeley I''ll add a third vote later, is there a specific deadline until when to vote or change your vote?

EDIT: I'd like to add iceiceice as my third vote.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

The time to vote will expire on Monday, September 26th. Please cast your votes before then. (I have received several votes by PM).
Rhonda
Site Administrator

Post by Rhonda »

I have not much preferences amongst the people because I don't know too much about most of them. There is just one person that I'm quite certain that I want to see on board and that is Jetrel because of past interactions on difficult topics and the trust I built in them.

If I have to nominate three I would throw in iceiceice and Vultraz as runner ups, but mostly because I've read from/interacted with them on IRC already for a bit and not because I consider doofus-01 and tekelili not up to the position. Haven't formed a strong opinion for/against them at all.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Rhonda wrote:I have not much preferences amongst the people because I don't know too much about most of them. There is just one person that I'm quite certain that I want to see on board and that is Jetrel because of past interactions on difficult topics and the trust I built in them.

If I have to nominate three I would throw in iceiceice and Vultraz as runner ups, but mostly because I've read from/interacted with them on IRC already for a bit and not because I consider doofus-01 and tekelili not up to the position. Haven't formed a strong opinion for/against them at all.
Can you please be a little more clearer? Who do you want to vote for? You can vote just for Jetrel if you would like. You can vote for Jetrel + iceiceice + Vultraz if you would like. Please state who you want to vote for. The choice is yours and I'm not going to interpret your text.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Rhonda wrote:I have not much preferences amongst the people because I don't know too much about most of them.
I feel the same way, so I'm not voting. I have no idea what I'd be voting for, even my assumed vote for myself. In any case, if I am elected, it will be a learning experience and I will try to be conscientious and transparent. If I am one of the two losers, no hard feelings, I'll carry on with what I've been doing (for better or worse).
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Rhonda
Site Administrator

Post by Rhonda »

Dave wrote:
Rhonda wrote:I have not much preferences amongst the people because I don't know too much about most of them. There is just one person that I'm quite certain that I want to see on board and that is Jetrel because of past interactions on difficult topics and the trust I built in them.

Can you please be a little more clearer? Who do you want to vote for? You can vote just for Jetrel if you would like. You can vote for Jetrel + iceiceice + Vultraz if you would like. Please state who you want to vote for. The choice is yours and I'm not going to interpret your text.
You are right, it wasn't clear, and I was confused by the "Candidates may vote, and I recommend they vote for two[/i] other candidates who will serve alongside them." line to mean that we should vote for three people in general. So you can count my vote for Jetrel only because from the remaining people I don't have a strong opinion on who else fills the other positions. :)
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Thank you to everyone who voted! We had twelve people vote in total. Here are the total vote counts with the new board below in bold. I will be discussing with these new board members what the first order of business will be soon.

iceiceice -- 10
Jetrel -- 8
Vultraz -- 7

doofus -- 6
Aginor -- 2