New Units: are they decent?critics needed.

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Tux2B wrote:It made me think about a giant... Hey! It's true! IIRC, we don't have any giants in Wesnoth!
actually i was thinking about making a giant faction in itself and perhaps tieing it in with the defualt era or a new era in itself.
diekil

Post by diekil »

Hey again

Those huge dwarves ar a good idea i would like them to have a fist atack or mace an impact . They would be strong but with no range and much hp. A little like trolls of the northeners.

Also where can i find that rogeu-mage,,??

GREETZ
DIEKIL
Kharn

Post by Kharn »

I do like the images you made.

Can i get permission to use them in the LOTR era?

Ill include you in the credits.
Creator of 120+ units Lord of the Rings era and campaign now outdated & lost.
Creator of WWII Battleground Europe mod with 120+ units most with custom wml and animations. Every variable is mathematically derived based on WWII stats such as historical cost & mm armour.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

you need the L3 outlaw pack to get the rogue mage images.
cataphractos

Post by cataphractos »

Kharn wrote:Can i get permission to use them in the LOTR era?
Of course you can.
What does LOTR mean? Some informations about it?
Slow and steady wins the race.
...but he could regret it...
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Lord of the Rings tm
Kharn

Post by Kharn »

ok
ill add them to the march version.
Creator of WWII Battleground Europe mod with 120+ units most with custom wml and animations. Every variable is mathematically derived based on WWII stats such as historical cost & mm armour.
cataphractos

Post by cataphractos »

Effectively, my Ogre Warrior seems very fit to Sauron's army. Not so much the Troll. Did you make some images for LOTR?
Kharn

very few

Post by Kharn »

the eye of sauron and and whitening up and color changes of unique wesnoth units.

Even after downloading an image editor for the mac , it didnt make me good at it.

It is something i strongly need. Also fixing images so the background is translucent, still havent figured out how to do that. probably should post that question.

What would also be sweet would be someone packageing my era for me, it works just like campaings. I dont think im going to make some deadlines by febuary , and that might be something thats left out.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Ranger M wrote:Lord of the Rings tm
Haha No way. that will be fun!

tell me when your finished.
cataphractos

Post by cataphractos »

Kharn wrote:Also fixing images so the background is translucent, still havent figured out how to do that. probably should post that question.
You mean you can't make the transparency of the bg? I had the same problem, but it's simple: just select the bg and press Canc. Oh, I use Adobe Photoshop to do this, and I suggest you the same. I don't know gimp, but it's alike good.

For the series "Taste this!", I post my last draw, lvl3 dwarvish berserker (Dwarf Hero).
lvl3, HP58,MP5, axe 9-5
Dwarves are an ancient race of powerful fighters. The best-fighting dwarvish berserkers, after surviving to at less three battles, are often considered in the same way of mythical heroes. These living heroes take part in the battles nearly naked and fully covered of tattoos, armed with two axes, wearing no armour, knowable by their plaits. During the fight, these berserkes could seem as furious and letal whirls.
Berserker Heroes will fight till the death.
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

looks nice!
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
martenzo

Post by martenzo »

But is an obious edit of the dwarvish beserker. (Not that edits are bad things)
me: Welcome to the real world. If everyone says your art and opinions suck, it's because they DO suck. Even if you're too damned proud/stupid/both to realize it.
danny_california: yep keep telling fairy tales.
cataphractos

Post by cataphractos »

martenzo wrote:But is an obious edit of the dwarvish beserker. (Not that edits are bad things)
You have told it you, it's obvious. I haven't hide it :P . But, I must say it, I've changed nearly all.
cataphractos

Post by cataphractos »

I was thinking about an idea that would appear treacherous. I'm clearly slow to draw new arts, so my dimmed brain breed that: a wesnothian frame must be needs hand-made? :|. So, I tried to minimize an existing draw unto 72x72 resolution. That's the product of my madness (and laziness :P ):
(I know, it's still too big and would be refined)

At you the judgement if I'm knocking out...