The Western Rebels

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Tux2B

Re: The Western Rebels

Post by Tux2B »

Disto wrote:
Tux2B wrote: 1.Yes. Well, I suppose Saepher has got an idea about this.

2. How do you make MP campaigns?
2. There is no network MP campaign support, but Elf War is a example of a Hot Seat MP campaign.
Is it just because nobody has tried it yet, or because it is impossible with the current WML? If it is impossible to make (I mean a real MP campaign, not just a hotseat campaign), will it be possible with version 1?
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
Keelta MacRonan
Location: At Helm's Deep,assisting in the final defence of the Hornburg

Post by Keelta MacRonan »

I am not a member of the Western Rebels, but here's the beginning of a story: In the First Dark Age of Wesnoth, the Orcs are invading the kingdom of Wesnoth. Under the banner of a new leader, Gal- Gugar, the attacks are well planned and totally coordinated, an unusual feat for the Orcs. Finally, they have succeeded in toppling the kingdom. However, due to the warring nature of the Orcs, they have squabbled over the land and so now Wesnoth is a bunch of warring Orcish princedoms. It is up to the Western Rebels to recapture Wesnoth, and discover the terrifying secret of Gal-Gugar!
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

Not bad. I think it quite fits, because Wesnoth is created because of an orcish invasion. The orcs could attack from the eastern island where Haldric comes from. (Rise Of Wesnoth)
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
Keelta MacRonan
Location: At Helm's Deep,assisting in the final defence of the Hornburg

Post by Keelta MacRonan »

Really? You think its good? Cool! :D
Disto

Re: The Western Rebels

Post by Disto »

Tux2B wrote:
Disto wrote: 2. There is no network MP campaign support, but Elf War is a example of a Hot Seat MP campaign.
Is it just because nobody has tried it yet, or because it is impossible with the current WML? If it is impossible to make (I mean a real MP campaign, not just a hotseat campaign), will it be possible with version 1?
I think untill the developers feel that there is a good reason to implement such features, say if there was a multiplayer campaign like fully made etc. The devs would actually bother. But at the moment i think they feel they are racing towards 1, and don't want too many complications... I don't think they want to put something in for 1 which then won't be used untill after 1. But you will have to ask them.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

I think multiplayer campaigns are a great idea, and I would have loved for them to be in already, however one has to use discipline when developing, and unfortunately they weren't developed when the feature freeze was announced, and there was no compelling reason to delay the feature freeze for them.

They will not be in 1.0, no matter what. The earliest stable release they can appear in is 1.2.

Indeed, we are not adding any more features before 1.0.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

I should have guessed this.

Anyway, how would MP campaigns have to be? If you want that everybody can play the campaign, they must be very long. Or, some people can choose to play a campaign, and make a kind of account. When they all are logged into the lobby, they go on playing the campaign on their account (kind of saves, but on the MP server, and with a password).
scott

Post by scott »

Anyway, in the meanwhile if someone PMs me a complete story, along with dialogue, character names, scenario descriptions (i.e. who is on each side, what the objectives are, and any special events that should happen), and maps, I'll provide the WML to make it into a campaign.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.