Rashy Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Re: Rashy Era

Post by Vyncyn »

Looks nice, I'll include it in the next update
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Uploaded v 1.2.7
-rebalanced ships and some other units and some factions
-added dark wose

I'm currently a bit busy, but still open to any type of suggestions, which I'll work through eventually.
IPS

Post by IPS »

mmmm... I'm not sure, but I dislike the ships balance, but I have no time today. I will check tomorrow them all. Also beaver looks underpowered because 24 hp, 4-4 and no traits, is much weaker than mermen fighter which costs only 1 more gold. Will have a look to any aquatic unit tomorrow.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

IPS wrote:mmmm... I'm not sure, but I dislike the ships balance, but I have no time today. I will check tomorrow them all. Also beaver looks underpowered because 24 hp, 4-4 and no traits, is much weaker than mermen fighter which costs only 1 more gold. Will have a look to any aquatic unit tomorrow.
Yeah beaver is weak in a direct comparision, he does have an advantage on land though (faster and more defense). I don't want to make him much stronger, since he's "just" a beaver, but maybe cheaper?
Like to hear your thoughts about the aquatic units, once you analized them. The Vixens propably need a buff, because the Snake isn't good against ships, so I might add an other swimmer to the faction. Maybe Nagas or a swamp boat/raft.
IPS

Post by IPS »

But snake has a strong adventage: it has exelent movement costs on land and also 50% flat defense, which is useful at ground as well (just being a bit low in health, but no more). But for naval wars in certaint type of maps Vixens will need another aquatic unit.

Well General thoughts of Ships:
- I dislike really much that they're 40% def at water tiles and that requires 5 movement to move to a village spot. Well, they're huge but could have some few more resistances maybe. Looks really hard to heal/repair, harder than mermen or nagas are to heal on non aquatic villages. Movement in villages feels very uncomfortable and needs fixing.
- They're really really cost ineficent offensively. Your army losses really much damage at considering those ships. I do not like the idea of spending +18g for lv0 damage units even if they're +45 health each; but that boost of health means low considering they will dodge less.
- Sounds rasonable that ships are meant to be expensive (+18g) but I'm not right with the current stats they have.
- Smaller boats can cost less and be 50-60% water tiles defenses by mantaining their resistances intact, just needs damage revision.
- Bigger ships could have 40% defense if their resistance justificates that (something like 40% res to pierce), at least 1 lv1 atak damage in one of the 2 ranges (Examples: 8-2, 4-4, 6-3, 3-5 are aceptable, not 5-2, 4-3, at strongest atack; could consider hybrid damage of 14/12 damage but 12/10 is a way too low like seen in Galey and other units)
- Another way to manage biggest ships is giving them Full lv1 damage (and little more maybe 11-2 ranged & 6-2 mele), almost lv2 health but at price tier of 21-24g each.

I have not yet any particular tought, but oversight I could notice that in all ships.

Someone else created a era with ships as well and he balanced those units like in this case

You can look more cases of ships by looking Era of Four Moons (By Velensk) or looking them by yourself in Ageless as well.
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

uploaded v 1.2.8
- Graphik updates: Darkelf Crescent Warrior (from ForestDragon), Chevalier Healers and Warcrossbowman, Gnome Riders, Forestfolk archers, riders, lvl1 beaver
- Balancing: the ships(better resistance, better defense for smaller ships, more damage, higher costs for some, 3 movement costs on villages) and small changes to some other units
- Added Nagas to the Vixens faction for now
- Added new ability to Chevalier/Regis Sergant and Skeleton Junker: +10% damage for adjacent lvl1 units after the leader(Sergant/Junker) attacked

I got a few questions about the addon, so any feedback would be appreciated
1. How is the balancing of the ships now (still too weak or too strong), especially in comparision with factions who don't have ships
2. How is the new ability working out? I wanted to to strengthen the Sergants, since lvl1 leadership is useless in a faction without lvl0 units, it might be too strong for Regis though, since it stacks with time of day bonus and Skeleteon Junker might not need it because of walking corpses.
3. How strong is the lvl 2 Chevalier Armored Horseman in comparision to the other advancement (Chevalier Knight)
4. Is any unit too over-/underpowered
5. Is any faction too strong/weak. Either in general or in direct fight with another faction
6. Which units needs a new sprite (aside from forestdwarven giant+advancement)
The new update propably needs some testing first, so I don't mind any delayed responses :P
Angelonius

Post by Angelonius »

I'm loving this update. I have a question though.
Will the Regis have cavalry units?
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Angelonius wrote:I'm loving this update. I have a question though.
I don't know yet. Initially I planned them with just the horseman, but they need a cheaper scout unit, so I might have to change this. I could replace the lvl1 horseman with a cheaper cavalary unit who can advance to Knight and Dragoon. I don't want the three human factions(Regis,Chevalier,Dardo) to be too similar though. Let me know, if you have a suggestion on how the Regis should look like.
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

Hmm, something like an javelineer chariot maybe, could also be an winged creature in the style of harpyie, probably most interesting is to make an fast moving explorer guy on foot that gains optionA: horse mount at level up, optionB: gains animal companion in the sprite and some attack power with it but remains on foot.
Angelonius

Post by Angelonius »

Vyncyn wrote:
Angelonius wrote:I'm loving this update. I have a question though.
I don't know yet. Initially I planned them with just the horseman, but they need a cheaper scout unit, so I might have to change this. I could replace the lvl1 horseman with a cheaper cavalary unit who can advance to Knight and Dragoon. I don't want the three human factions(Regis,Chevalier,Dardo) to be too similar though. Let me know, if you have a suggestion on how the Regis should look like.
Perhaps the Regis can have sword-wielding mounted paladins.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Eagle_11 wrote:Hmm, something like an javelineer chariot maybe, could also be an winged creature in the style of harpyie, probably most interesting is to make an fast moving explorer guy on foot that gains optionA: horse mount at level up, optionB: gains animal companion in the sprite and some attack power with it but remains on foot.
Good ideas, but most of them fit better in other factions (lore wise). Chariot would work better for Dardo and explorer for Forestfolk or Mountaintribes. Harpy (or something similar) might work. Maybe instead of ships. I'll think about it.
Angelonius wrote: Perhaps the Regis can have sword-wielding mounted paladins.
Yeah, might work, but I already have this unit in the Luz faction (not published yet due to an lack of sprites).

I'm currently experimenting with some ideas:
-Expanded Dardo with Chariot (2 levels, focused on range, really bad movement on difficult terrain)
-Chevalier have seperated rider lines (1 Lancer, 1Sword), Sword cavalary is cheaper, has better armor but doesn't have crossbow anymore
-Expanded Regis with mounted Nobleman (same as loyalist cavalaryman exept faster and less armor)

btw Luz faction will cosist of Angels,Priests,Inquisitor,mounted Paladin and some generic human soldiers to fill the ranks
Angelonius

Post by Angelonius »

I love your sword cavalry due to both a good design and it's quite a heavy hitter.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

uploaded v 1.2.9
- fixed Jaguar Scout advancement (didn't work before)
- added new Scouts to Regis,Chevalier and Dardo
- few new Graphics and some balancing

I'm unsure about the Dardo Chariot. Any thoughts about which version would be better?
-A: Bowman Chariot (very strong ranged, no melee)
-B: Javelineer Chariot (good ranged, weak melee)

Edit: uploaded v1.2.10

- Removed lvl1 Elyser Spearman
- Elyser Fighter advances into Sworddancer and Guard (instead of Captain)
- Added Elyser Noble (sword,faerie fire, leadership on lvl2)
- Some new images
- Vixen Clubber now has 2-1 slow instead of 1-2
- Rebalanced some other units
Last edited by Vyncyn on October 23rd, 2016, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

uploaded v 1.3:

- New Faction: Luz
- Changed Elyser lineup again: Noble can now advance into Lord or Sorcerer, Shaman can only advance into Healer
- Elyser Noble can now be male or female
- Forestfolk now has a wood-bear insted of the wooden warrior
- Created new Graphics for forestdwarves giants, aquana mages, forestfolk healer and archers, regis generals, marashy riders, trarashy sentinel, vixens riders
- updated some other graphics
- some balancing
IPS

Post by IPS »

Looking at new faction, it looks overall underpowered. Let me help you at this ;)
Attachments
luz balance.txt
(3.14 KiB) Downloaded 496 times