Rashy Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Re: Rashy Era

Post by Vyncyn »

Version 1.2.3 is out:
-Aquana Mage +1 melee damage, -1 ranged
-Aquana Bowman +1 melee damage
-Hp decrease for most Rashy units
-Some other changes
IPS

Post by IPS »

Aquana feedback

Aquana mage lines: Due they are being a bit cost ineficent (7-3 impact magical < 7-3 fire magical) we can mind giving to all lines a bonus cold ranged magical atack for Aquanan mages that doesn't need to be that strong at all.
Aquana mage: try adding 6-2 magical cold ranged atack (minded about 3-4, but looked boring to me XD)
Blue mage: extra 8-2 magical cold ranged atack.
Fullmoon Mage: extra 11-2 magical cold ranged atack.
This adition would make those mages have more fun and dynamics stats (apart of allowing players to use them to wound weaker units to leave the kill to any other unit in the side).

Merman Hoplite: Defenitively a NOT balanced unit because of too high resistances for steadfast. Imagine fighting againist a unit with those resistances with 60/70% def in certain terrains while it is defending:
0% to arcane
40% to blade
50% to cold
40% to fire
20% to impact
50% to pierce.

With the actual stats, you would be giving a too huge adventage to those factions with poisoners or arcane atackers. Try changing hoplites resistances.

For resistances, I would sugest those values:
0% to arcane
15% to blade -> 30% with steadfast
20% to cold -> 40% with steadfast
10% to fire -> 20% with steadfast
10% to impact -> 20% with steadfast
15% to pierce -> 30% with steadfast

Also I wouldn't see any problem making their mele from 12-2 -> 13-2 considering that he would have lower resistances to anything apart of arcane and impact which would be unmodified. The intention with this is that steadfast looks notisable while defending but not that much while atacking with this unit.

Atlantis General: mmm... Compared to loyalist's general, he is underperforming actually. Could you mind making him 8-5 blade mele? (to diferenciate them to Swordsmen + Leadership at not being both 10-4) and also maybe extra shield atack for Generals (12-2 impact, maybe?)

Aquana Heavy Swordsman: Status of heavy unit (-1 movement, lower terrain defenses, improved resistances, more or less damage in damage terms); try giving him 20% impact resistance at least? lv2 is actually more tanky againist non magical impact atackers. I really don't know if 30% to cold could be rasonable too.
optional sugestion give him a bonus 12-4 blade mele.

Unit sugestion: Some kind of lv3 swordsmen without the Status of heavy unit with no bonus resistances but just more damage and health. Possible sugestions:
a) Damage blade 7-7 (49 damage; 56 if strong) ; Really brutal on offensive, but while retaliation being with low health wouldn't hurt that much ; kind of lv3's Death Blade.
b) 8-5 blade marskman; same damage as general but valuable marskman on mele.
c) Some kind of Aquana swordsman with an hammer/mace too (9-5 blade mele ; 12-3 impact mele)
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

IPS wrote: Merman Hoplite: Defenitively a NOT balanced unit because of too high resistances for steadfast. Imagine fighting againist a unit with those resistances with 60/70% def in certain terrains while it is defending
Ok, I changes his resistances, though I gave him 20% blade and pierce instead of 15%, but I decreased his HP as well (he might still be too tanky, because resistance is more important than HP, so maybe I do further changes in the future)
IPS wrote:Aquana Heavy Swordsman: Status of heavy unit (-1 movement, lower terrain defenses, improved resistances, more or less damage in damage terms); try giving him 20% impact resistance at least? lv2 is actually more tanky againist non magical impact atackers. I really don't know if 30% to cold could be rasonable too.
Improved impact resistance and gave him +10% defense on any watertiles. 30% cold seems unlogical to me, considering the Heavy Infantryman has 10% weakness.
Other units are changed as suggested (General has 10-2 impact instead of 12-2 for now)

I'm not a big fan of adding another unit to this faction, because they already have more than the others (even though half of them are mermen). Also I don't want to make them too strong on land since they are far superior in water, which might be the biggest problem in this era, since most other factions have neither water nor flying units.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Just uploaded the newerst Version, 1.2.5
-Replaced Tusker with wolf (Forestfolk). It's similar to mainline wolf, exept it has altered forest-defense and lvl3 has a leading ability (+20% damage for lvl1 and 2 wolves)
-Upgraded graphics for some Darkelves and the Forest Mage line.
-Included the new animation I made for the Regis Heavy Infantryman (base image by sleepwalker)

I'll try to keep the updates down in the future to maybe once per week (hopefully less), as I guess downloading the newest version every second day might get anoying pretty quick.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

as I guess downloading the newest version every second day might get annoying pretty quick.[/quote]
don't worry, most people check every day, so you can do it like you do already
IPS

Post by IPS »

Looking at Forest Folk, they look like to be an imcomplete faction; usually any faction has at least 2 diferent atack types at ranged; also this faction is too pierce based; meaning that any faction with pierce resistant units might have a considerable adventage againist forest folk (like in undead).

Let's mentionate some facts on the faction.
1.- They have 4/6 units that their main source of damage is pierce. They depend a way too much in this atack type.
2.- They have only 2 units with another source of damage: Wolves (5-3 blade) and Wooden Warrior (10-2) in Lv1 lines. Wooden Warriors are important units in this faction actually, will analyze how they would perform later, but I haven't yet any expectations about if they're balanced, underpowered or overpowered (I guess not this last one). Wolves at lv1 deal a way too low damage to be the only blade atacker in the faction; also loyalist has only Calvaries (6-3) and Fencers (4-4); but they have mages to complementate.
3.- Foresfolk will have real issues at taking away a too pierce resistant unit over 50% terrain defense or more with decent amount of health. This faction needs at least another unit with ranged atack that isn't pierce.

Can sugest you of few new units line for Forest Folks: Axe Throwers, Bears and Slingers

Axe Throwers: Sounds extremely expectable that a faction that lives in forests would have axe thorowers. If you like the idea I would sugest you to try him with 6-2 blade mele and 8-2 blade ranged for a price of 14-17g depending the health amount and movement you want to give him.

Is rasonable that some guys that live in forest can domesticate and train bears to use in the battlefield. Bears can do impact & blade damage alike, but you can make those considerably expensive to force the player to use more the Wooden Warriors.

No idea if you would like to add a kind of slinger to this faction to give to the faction another atack type in their ranged lines or maybe any bonus impact atack on the Forest mage and his level up. Looks difficult to me how Forestfolk could have acess to Arcane or Cold and I don't know if any fire atacker would be a good idea on this faction.
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Axe throwers sound like a good idea, and I could use the already existing Axefighter as advancement (with different stats of course). Bear would also be possible, but I'd need to create 3 new base sprites for them. I might add them with some placeholder images in the next update. With those new units the Forest Folk would be one of the biggest factions in the era so I'll propably not add the slinger.
I can make the wolves cheaper, but makeing them stronger is hard (standing next to an alpha wolf they deal +20% damage and I don't want to have them deal more damage than the alpha wolf)

Bitron has a Deerrider in his Vilkai faction with impact-charge, so there would be another option to add some damagetypes if the faction is too weak (not on the lvl1 rider though, as the deer doesn't have horns).
taptap

Post by taptap »

A lot of detail balancing going on, but no one mentioned this: If you hope to use your era in 1vs1 multiplayer on current maps, you will likely find that you need a unit that can cross/contest bodies of water in all factions.
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

taptap wrote:A lot of detail balancing going on, but no one mentioned this: If you hope to use your era in 1vs1 multiplayer on current maps, you will likely find that you need a unit that can cross/contest bodies of water in all factions.
I already realised this problem.
Vyncyn wrote: I'm not a big fan of adding another unit to this faction, because they already have more than the others (even though half of them are mermen). Also I don't want to make them too strong on land since they are far superior in water, which might be the biggest problem in this era, since most other factions have neither water nor flying units.
The thing is, I have no idea what could fit into those factions. For example Chevalier are based on medeval europe and no swimming or flying unit i can think of could be added without changing their theme. The only way I could implement water units for all factions units is by adding ships (with 0-10% defense and 1 or 2 movement on land so they can reach the water). Those ships would be hard to balance though.
IPS

Post by IPS »

You can download Era of Four moons to see how Velensk managed his ships. There are like 3 or 4 factions with ships with terrible movement costs at ground, but that at water but have a considerable toughtness; also most of those are expensive units.

Also for forest folk I got an idea that could solve your aquatic unit: Beaver
With beavers you would have a unit with good defense at forest and at water tiles alike. Can be a useful unit in many terrains, but you can try them with 4-4 mele blade or something weak. So you got a good concept for aquatic units for Forestfolk ;)
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

IPS wrote:Also for forest folk I got an idea that could solve your aquatic unit: Beaver
With beavers you would have a unit with good defense at forest and at water tiles alike. Can be a useful unit in many terrains, but you can try them with 4-4 mele blade or something weak. So you got a good concept for aquatic units for Forestfolk ;)
What about the mighty Bearver, half bear half beaver?
IPS

Post by IPS »

Well, wesnoth is a fantasy turn based game, why not? would be original and fun to see XD
Angelonius

Post by Angelonius »

I love the Dardo and the Chevalier factions. I do wanna see more of the Regis faction though because that one needs a lot more units.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Uploaded v1.2.6
- Ships for Regis,Chevalier,Dardo,Trarashy,Marashy,Darkelves
- Beaver and Axethrower for Forestfolk
- Darkelves Scout has now fire-melee
- Added Javelineer and Master Javelineer to Regis

Most of the new graphics are just placeholders until I have time to rework them. Master Javelineer is from Amorphus, with an added shield.

Darkelves seem a bit weak againt undead, they now have firedamage on the scout and arcane on the ship. If anyone has an idea for more anti-undead damage I might add it. I thought about a dark-Wose for extra impact damage, but there might be better options.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

hi, i noticed that the bearver lacks beaver-ness but only has bear stuf, so i made this quick franken with tail and teeth:
Attachments
it's alive!
it's alive!
bearver.png (4.7 KiB) Viewed 18410 times