Rashy Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Re: Rashy Era

Post by Vyncyn »

1.1.2 is up now. It includes balances for Marashy & Trarashy and the new unit. Also reworked the lvl3 roc graphic. It's still reeeeaaally big, but i removed part of the dark outline, so it appears smaller. The old graphic is still included in the image folder, for anyone to use.
I had an idea for another unit for the mountain faction.
a) Signalman : torch (fire,melee), bow (pierce,ranged) (maybe firrearrows as a 3rd attack)
b) Signalman: spear (pierce, melee), firearrow (fire,ranged)
This unit will propably have only 2 levels. I like version a) more, but version b) would fit better into the faction, as they have no lvl1 with pierce melee yet. Guess i'll do whatever you guys think works best.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

remember i talked about a lvl1 unit with 7-3 melee and 9-2 ranged? here is his actual id: 'Aquana Mercinary'
EDIT: Oops, his 9-2 turned out to be blade and melee, sorry, take at least the grammar notes:
mercinary -> mercenary
waterpixi -> water pixie
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

ForestDragon wrote:take at least the grammar notes:
mercinary -> mercenary
waterpixi -> water pixie
whops, guess they slipped in while translating :oops: . I'll make sure to correct them in the next update.

Btw does anyone have thoughts about the dwarve faction (mainline dwarves, not the forest ones). I think they might be way underpowered. While strong in mountains they can't hold their ground with only 30% defense in any other terrain. Knalgans had Outlaws to make up for it, but i don't want to add random units as it would defeat the purpose of the faction (being dwarves). Maybe I should take them out of the era? :hmm:
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Vyncyn wrote:Btw does anyone have thoughts about the dwarve faction (mainline dwarves, not the forest ones). I think they might be way underpowered. While strong in mountains they can't hold their ground with only 30% defense in any other terrain. Knalgans had Outlaws to make up for it, but i don't want to add random units as it would defeat the purpose of the faction (being dwarves). Maybe I should take them out of the era? :hmm:
well, you put a # in the era file for the dwarves to make them unused for now, and then when you have some new units, you can remove the # and they will be usable again
grammar: single: dwarve -> dwarf, plural: dwarves

EDIT:btw, your franken art is superb, i couldn't help but use a few of your units to my era
IPS

Post by IPS »

Vyncyn, try a kind of machine to help their flat performance by being cheaper than Gryphon riders are.

You can try for those dwarves:

a) Dwarvish Gyrocopter:

50% def at all tiles, personal stats recomendation would be those:
8-2 bombs impact ranged
3-6 gun pierce ranged (or 3-5 pierce marskman, depends on you)
hp: 34
Movement: 7
price: beween 17g and 19g
resistances: 30% to arcane, 20% to pierce, 10% to blade, -10% to impact, -20% to fire.
Mechanical unit
Examples: 1 2
Level up sugestions:
1) Better Gyrocopter
2) Probably Ballon as another option (such as seen in era of magic)
3) something else you can imagine

b) Dwarvish Plainsrider
Unit specialized to have good performance mostly at plains. 50% def at plains, but lowers to 40% on hills and 30% on forests. Recomendations to design:
7-2 blade mele
4-3 pierce ranged
5-2 fire ranged
movement: 9
Price: between 15 and 18 (aprox)
resistances: 30% to arcane, 10% to pierce, -10% to impact, -20% to fire.
Movement costs sugestion: 1 at plains, 2 at caves, 3 at hills, 4 at forests/swallow water, 6 at mushroom groves/mountains.
Terrain defense sugestion: 60% at castle, 50% at plains, 40% at hills/caves, 30% at forest/water, 20% at mushroom/mountains.
Mechanical unit
Example: 1
Level up sugestions:
a) a better version of Dwarvish Plainsrider (better mele/ranged)
b) Dwarvish Ballista specialization
c) Maybe a dwarvish tank for lv3 (depending at how you manage to make rasonable it to level up to tank since lv2)

You can also try both of those units to be added to dwarves faction, that would make give them an unique. Also if you find proper another machine type unit you can go ahead for it :P

Some other unit sugestion: Dwarvish Ops, somehow cost ineficent dwarft designed for better forest defense.
c) Dwarivhs Ops
5-2 knife mele blade
9-1 gun pierce ranged (marskman)
hp: 28
Movement: 5
Cost: 16g or 17g
Terrain defenses: 60% at forest/mushroom, 50% at sand/frozen, 40% at swamp.
2nd edit: swamp movement cost: 2 (instead of 3)
Resistances: same as regular dwarf.
Sprite in mind: Look at PYRA (pick your recruits armaggedon) Masked Thunderer.
Last edited by IPS on July 30th, 2016, 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

[off_topic]hmmm... this post actually inspired me to do the same for my era too, well i guess my dwarves turned out not mechanical enough for my tastes[/off_topic]
IPS

Post by IPS »

edited my post to add the dwarvish ops, check it out!

Also, thinked a little about a d) Option, but I will post it at here:
Dwarvish Guerrilla: cost ineficent version of Dwarvish guardsman which has better performance over forest/swamps.

d) Dwarvish Guerrilla:
6-2 pierce mele
4-1 pierce ranged
movement: 5
Cost: between 18g and 20g
Defenses: 50% at forest/mushroom, 40% at sand/snow/swamp.
Movevement cost modification: swamp movement cost: 2 (instead of 3)
Sugested level up stats: 5-1 pierce ranged (poison) & 8-2 pierce mele.
Sprite in mind: Masked Dwarvish guardsman (see at PYRA, pick your recruits armaggedon).
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

i think i am going to borrow these ideas for TGA...
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

btw, if you need a level 2 for plainsrider, here, i made one:
franken from gyrocopter, the dwarf from which looks good on theoreticaly any steampunk-ish machine
franken from gyrocopter, the dwarf from which looks good on theoreticaly any steampunk-ish machine
plainsmaster.png (1.54 KiB) Viewed 14650 times
original for comparison
original for comparison
plainsrider.png (1.39 KiB) Viewed 14650 times
EDIT: here are the unit files with stats suggested by IPS (they are from my era's unreleased version):
Plainsrider.cfg
stats by IPS
(4.59 KiB) Downloaded 467 times
Plainsmaster.cfg
stats by me, based on those from IPS
(5.73 KiB) Downloaded 480 times
i like the idea of a dwarvish unit that's very good in plains (where normal dwarves are weak), while being pretty much crap on pretty much any rough terrain, this gives dwarf faction more versatility
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Well don't get me wrong here, those are all really good ideas and I would like to make a steampunk faction someday, but it doesn't fit in this era. I want my addon to be about magic and a medieval theme. Forest dwarf sniper and rapidfire crossbow are the most technological advanced units and I even had to think twice about including them.
Trarashy, Marashy, Elyser, Aquana, Vixens, Chevalier, Regis, Ssrah, Dardo and Luz (last 3 aren't finished yet) are the important factions in the era. All the other ones are just extras. So while I WANT to include dwarves, I'd rather leave them out completely than change than change their theme to steampunk, as it just woud'nt work with the era i had in mind.
Still, nice ideas. Maybe I'll try to create art for a steampunk faction after i finished this era (or maybe sooner if i feel like it)
IPS

Post by IPS »

Well I have designed on my pc the desgins of a steampunk human faction that would probably be named Revolutionary call. Few description about this is that this is a human faction that is low at population but with somehow formidable technology (mostly basic robotics, gunpowder, bombs, few secret weapons, etc) that lost all knowledge of magic (maybe, due a devastation, they are still finding back their knowledge of magic!). Also their bombs throwers are called by others as regular mages. It's about 80% completed in sprites/stats/lore processes but it's not been coded.

I can link at the forums the stats of each lv1, also on there I have few frankens I've done by myself long time ago that I will post later. I will leave on this post only the lv1 stats that I've designed some few months ago (reworked a little some units that I had planned to create more than a year ago)

Well, if you're interested about this newfangled faction, there's a little coment: it consists about 2 cost efficent ranged units supported by less cost efficent mele units. Fusiliers looks a way too expensive, but at day time they can deal 24-1 (2 of those have a 36% to take away a unit with 48 hp over 40% def at day time if no bonus pierce resistance). Bombs throwers are the base of the faction having good fire/impact damage with marskman, but aren't spammable at all. As well there are some mele units that can't deal more than 18 of damage in one round (yup, you need your more potent artillery).

I have only another faction semi designed which I will give details later, and also another few in my head that aren't yet worked.
Attachments
Revolutionary Call lv1 recruit list.txt
Recruit list of Revolutionary Call
(2.02 KiB) Downloaded 490 times
One of my own hand made franken.
One of my own hand made franken.
fusilier.png (2 KiB) Viewed 14623 times
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Version 1.2.0 is out. I added a new faction, the Dardo. They are basically like the ancient romans. They have 2 cavalary units and relatively strong spearmen, but lack in nearly every other aspect. Right now they have only blade,pierce and impact damage, but i plan to add a bit more in the next updates (propably something similar to the Naffat from the khalifate faction).

@IPS Your faction sure is interesting, but I've already planned what my era is gonna contain.
IPS

Post by IPS »

well I'm back to give some feedback.

Aquana
Aquana bowman: those bowmen looks weaker than other bowmen with same price.
a) Try mele 4-2 but 13g and maybe health of 32. Maybe for just the lv1 line, an aditional 5-3 pierce ranged (lv2 has 8-3 which is notably superior than both ranged atacks from lv1).
b) or instead, just try increasing their mele to +1 to 6-2 and with this mantaining their price of 14g.
Aquana spearman: that 9-2 blade mele as secondary atack is enough to make this unit 14g tier. I see no problem at increasing their price by 1, would fit the changes at bowmen; apart in the actual conditions I don't see how bowmen can cost more than spearmen.

Chevaliers
Chevalier Quak: sugestion to add 2-5 arcane atack ranged (reasson, this faction doesn't has a ghost counter). Also as sugestion would be that this has always 50% chance to hit (so it wouldn't counter that much skeletons if they're over flat terrain, but could be a sustantial help againist undeads over 60% defense).
Chevalier Healer: The same 3-5 arcane with 50% hit chance.
Chevalier Doctor: 4-5 arcane with 50% hit chance.

Dardo
Doesn't yet have any unit with fire atack, this needed for better balance againist certain units. I'm not sure if bowmen should have 4-2 fire ranged in lv1, 8-2 fire ranged in lv2 and 8-3 fire ranged on lv3.

Elyser
Elyser Druid: It underperforms next to default's lv3 druid because of no flying properties and no magical on mele, you can try giving her a self regen +4.

Forest Folks

Forest mage: Heals +8 in lv2 but no in lv3, apart of weaker stats than Forest Herbalists.
Sugestion: Looking at the feedback given earlier about forest mage line. I think this unit's stats is caused because of a miss in your atention.

Rashy
Battlemage: Damage looks too high. Try mele 6-3 & ranged 9-3 & 9-2. Hey it's a mage with decent amount of health, I find fine that it has lower output of damage considering their bonus durability.
Warlock: Just -1 mele damage to 7-3 magical.

Vixens
Swamp snake: compared to ghoul from this unit is very inferior. It has exelent movility afterall, but it kinda needs something... maybe just +10% res to fire & arcane and +1 hp because it doesn't gain traits.
Anaconda: Anacondas in real life are snakes that can have a size of 4-9 meters of long (sometimes more). Usually they strangle their victims in real life ambushing them at swamps.
Sugestion: strangle impact weapon 20-2 impact and swamp ambush. Yes, in real life that would hurt a lot more, but for balance purposes let's say it can be 20-2 (you can tell they're 3-5 meters anacondas in the description).
Vipers in real life strangle their victims as well, but are much more smaller; due in real life Anacondas dosen't bite enemies you can mind making their fangs 10-3 mele poison. Maybe a too weak but considerable 9-2 impact mele to vipers as well mele of 7-3 pierce. Snakes are famous of striking really fast, try first strike since lv1?
Also; feeding+1 at Anacondas!
Maybe, lv4 Anaconda? Because it can be even larger!
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

IPS wrote:Forest mage: Heals +8 in lv2 but no in lv3, apart of weaker stats than Forest Herbalists.
Sugestion: Looking at the feedback given earlier about forest mage line. I think this unit's stats is caused because of a miss in your atention.
Yeah, I accidentally gave him heals, because I thought about removing the herbalist completely. I forgot to change it back.
IPS wrote:Aquana bowman: those bowmen looks weaker than other bowmen with same price.
a) Try mele 4-2 but 13g and maybe health of 32. Maybe for just the lv1 line, an aditional 5-3 pierce ranged (lv2 has 8-3 which is notably superior than both ranged atacks from lv1).
b) or instead, just try increasing their mele to +1 to 6-2 and with this mantaining their price of 14g.
Aquana spearman: that 9-2 blade mele as secondary atack is enough to make this unit 14g tier. I see no problem at increasing their price by 1, would fit the changes at bowmen; apart in the actual conditions I don't see how bowmen can cost more than spearmen.
I guess most of my balancing decissions would make more sense if I had translated the unit description instead of removing it :| . The point is Aquana are supposed to be more focused on melee, so they have weak bowmen but stronger spearmen. Individually they are not balanced, but since they are in the same faction it should be ok.
IPS wrote:Swamp snake: compared to ghoul from this unit is very inferior. It has exelent movility afterall, but it kinda needs something... maybe just +10% res to fire & arcane and +1 hp because it doesn't gain traits.
Anaconda: Anacondas in real life are snakes that can have a size of 4-9 meters of long (sometimes more). Usually they strangle their victims in real life ambushing them at swamps.
Sugestion: strangle impact weapon 20-2 impact and swamp ambush. Yes, in real life that would hurt a lot more, but for balance purposes let's say it can be 20-2 (you can tell they're 3-5 meters anacondas in the description).
Vipers in real life strangle their victims as well, but are much more smaller; due in real life Anacondas dosen't bite enemies you can mind making their fangs 10-3 mele poison. Maybe a too weak but considerable 9-2 impact mele to vipers as well mele of 7-3 pierce. Snakes are famous of striking really fast, try first strike since lv1?
Also; feeding+1 at Anacondas!
Maybe, lv4 Anaconda? Because it can be even larger!
When I first worked on the snakes I thought of giving them 2 possible lines (Venomous snake and constrictor), but it wasn't very logical to me to have a snake evolve like this. I think they had nearly the same stats as you suggested, but with a slow-special for the strangle attack. I'll try experimenting a bit and post the results in the next update.
I don't know about Dardo yet. I thought of firearrows for the bowman too, but it seemed a bit unoriginal. Maybe I'll just add them for balancing until I made images for the unit I had in mind.

EDIT: Version 1.2.2 is uploaded. Changes include:
- most of the suggestions from IPS
- experience of Aquana Spearguard (he had over 500 by accident :oops: )
- removed arcane attack from the darkelf Shadowpriest and Bloodpriest and buffed his other stats
- some other minor changes for balancing (Mostly Marashy and Darkelf thiefs)
IPS

Post by IPS »

mmm.... Aquana mages are too cost efficent, 8-3 magical impact is extremely powerful. And I'm sure he's not mele xP.

But considering the case of bowmen and spearmen in Aquana:
1) Both have same damage types, but spearmen are much more cost efficent.
2) Aquana bowmen have the only adventage of having a 7-2 on ranged...

Idk, but I think that the right proportions to buy mele/archers must be 3/2 or 1/2 (considering foot soldiers only); but in Aquana, it should be something like 5/2 or 3/1 consdering that archers are much more cost ineficent. This by not considering that mages overperforms massively bowmen at dealing more damage, more strikes, better hit chance & even an atack type that is harder to counter (so impact > pierce) just being beaten in health/price by archers.

Needs testing to see if your concept is balanced experimentally. But those Aquana mages are extremely cost efficent.