Rashy Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Trayanee

Re: Rashy Era

Post by Trayanee »

Tested it and it seems ok. I updated the Era first from add-on server, then changed the grand knight ID in my saved game file and all new saves are valid
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

No new update yet. I've made a lot new or changed graphics and some other changes, but I'm waiting till I finish the dwarves.
And I kinda need help with that. I'm trying to make the faction 100% dwarves, but it should be relatively balanced. Also, the dwarvish faction should be a bit more techinically advanced than the others, but not too much (so no steampunk).Any comments would be welcome.

Here are some ideas I had about the faction:
Spoiler:
Trayanee

Post by Trayanee »

As far as mainline units go, I have no opinion, but for the faction to be distinct enough, I would say at most half of the units could be mainline-like, even less if possible.

As for the the new unit you proposed. I like the Elementalist and for me the name suggests multiple possible elemental specializations. Fire is obvious, but why not add another little more utility oriented branch maybe something like earth mage? i can see something like Earthshaker having an impact ranged attack with slow. Another possibility could be a lightning mage, but thats a little too similar to fire in its general purpose.

Lizards rider is nice too. I would probably choose another mountains-aligned mount like chamois, but lizards are cool too :).

Ballista should work. Looking forward to see how you implemented it.

I dont like the crossbowman dwarf idea though. What about an axe-thrower or even something a little more unique like hammer thrower? (the name sounds weird, I know). Thats what I see as a dwarven ranged attack but its not technically advanced as you wished for.

Smith to ballista is an interesting idea. I would say, go with it, ditch the smith - > runesmith branch and expand on the idea of smith creating/advancing to more constructs, could be the golem you suggested or mangonel wich is still a reasonable/non-steampunk invention. This way you can also go with the fighter to runesmith advancement.

In my mind, dwarves are also connected to a spiritual magic. I can imagine an ancient spirit like unit for them with magical melee and high avoidance. But maybe thats out of the theme of your faction.

And because I really like hammers I would also suggest a low mobility two handed warhammer low mobility unit. Could be named Vault Keeper, protector of gold vaults.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Trayanee wrote:I like the Elementalist and for me the name suggests multiple possible elemental specializations.
I had him in when I first released the faction (I later removed it because i thought the dwarves were too weak on flat terrain). He started out with just fire damage and gained an additional cold attack on lvl3. It really depends on what the faction needs though, so I might add a little more to him. Utility branch seems like a good idea.
Trayanee wrote:What about an axe-thrower or even something a little more unique like hammer thrower?
Dwarves already have a lot of imapact and blade damage. I'm not totally against a unit like this, but I would only do it if the faction has enough pierce attacks.
Trayanee wrote:expand on the idea of smith creating/advancing to more constructs, could be the golem you suggested or mangonel
Smith creating the golems was my idea too, but I would have them as seperate unit lines and only mention it in unit description. Ballista needs someone to operate it, but golem can act on it's own.
The smith idea needs some more work though. Initially he should have had just a hammer melee attack, but letting him advance from pure melee to pure ranged is really weird gameplay wise. Maybe he has a crossbow on level 1, but i'm not happy with that idea either. Mangonel as alternative lvl3 seems good to me (I need to work out a good grafik though).
Trayanee wrote: I can imagine an ancient spirit like unit for them with magical melee and high avoidance. But maybe thats out of the theme of your faction.
I'm intrigued. It wasn't really what I had in mind for them, but it could work out quite nicely. Can you expand on this idea a bit more? Like, how should it look like and what weapon has it (maybe arcane touch like a ghost or some sort of spirit sword).
Trayanee

Post by Trayanee »

Vyncyn wrote:I'm intrigued. It wasn't really what I had in mind for them, but it could work out quite nicely. Can you expand on this idea a bit more? Like, how should it look like and what weapon has it (maybe arcane touch like a ghost or some sort of spirit sword).
I thought these should retain the Dwarf shape but be incorporeal which would also suggest some sort of spirit weapon, short sword or axe. Unfortunately I am not an artist nor can I image art a lot so I dont know whether they would look better in completely ghosty silver/white/grey colours or just in washed up colours. Lore wise I see them as Spirit Guides / Advisors from the past to current generation. Maybe Spirit Guide would be even a suitable name for lvl 1.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

uploaded v1.4
There are lot of new graphics, especially for Darkelves, and recoloured sprites for the Marashy.
Some Aquana can now have a "human" trait, which changes their image and some stats.
Dardo slinger line has been changed to goblins (Note: they aren't supposed to look like mainline goblins).

Most importantly, I readded the dwarves. Right now they are just in for testing and lack some graphics as well as proper balancing. Their lineup isn't finished, so I might add or remove some units in future updates. The Dwarvish spirits currently have similar stats to the ghost, but I plan to change them a bit more. Ballista ability works as intended, but can be akward to use; I've made a short manual in the unit description (though hopefully not necessary). Feedback and ideas about them would be highly appreciated.

Edit:
1.4.1b is out
I removed Dwarves from random draft (wasn't working before) and changed ballista line
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

uploaded 1.4.2

Aside from reworking graphics for Trarahy Mages, most of the Vixen, and some other units it includes two bugfixes.
Exp gain from dwarvish ballista should work now and the "human" trait for aquanas should show the correct resistances in the help menu.
Aquana Riders can get the "human" trait now aswell and the Vixen get -10% pierce resistance instead of -20%.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Uploaded v1.4.3 on steam. I propably won't update on wesnoth 1.12 anymore.

The dwarven ballista can't fire while enemies stand next to it.
Some grafik updates for the Luz faction and some other units. I hope I can replace the rest next time.
Luz get 2 new units: peasant: lvl 0 unit that advances into Miliz. Very cheap, but gets 1 bad trait instead of 2 positive ones.
veteran: alternative advancement for Miliz. Fast and has sword+spear, but not as durable and less damage.
I haven't tested their balance yet, so feedback would be welcome.

If you encounter any bugs or problems please contact me.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

The Elven ships have a path error for their halos. It's got an extra /units/ in it.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Atreides wrote: July 28th, 2021, 4:30 pm The Elven ships have a path error for their halos. It's got an extra /units/ in it.
Thanks! Should be fixed now
Mu

Post by Mu »

Hi.

First of all, very nice work! I play this era from time to time. I like the Tharashy, specially because most of the units can be male or female. I also like the badguy look of the Marashy, actually I am playing currently a custom campaign with Marashy guys. It's funny when you generate a random map with rivers or coast and can use the ships as piracy.

---

Secondly, I hit a bug. The Mage_Adept.cfg specifies and advancement as "VRMa Spellsword", but Mage_Spellsword.cfg the id is "VRMa Spellblade".

This makes the game to abort when an adept levels up.

---
Best regards.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Thanks Mu :D . I uploaded a bugfix
IPS

Post by IPS »

Hello there! nice to see that work in Rashy Era is still active! On here I have some balance propossals that were already implemented in ageless that by multiple games showed to be better even for Rashy Era itself balancing.

The list could be extense, but will list all it here !

Frigate / Galleon
- Frigate's HP from 48 to 52
- Galleon''s HP from 55 to 63
- Galleon's movement from 7 to 8
- Blade/Impact resistance from 10% to 15%
- Pierce resistance from 40% to 45%
All 40% ships got slightly buffed physical resistance to compense the lower terrain defense.

Cog / Schooner
Even if 50% def tier, these were slighly buffed at they seemed to be too fragible specially on lv2
- Cog's HP from 38 to 40
- Schooner's HP from 44 to 50
- Schooner ranged modified from 6-4 to 5-5

Caravel / Corvettes
- Caravel's HP from 46 to 49
- Corvettes's HP from 50 to 60
- Corvette's movement from 7 to 8

Galley / Trireme
- Galley's HP from 44 to 47
- Trireme's HP from 49 to 57
- Trireme's movement from 7 to 8

Stronger Ships specially in lv2 give somewhat strong naval control, but they are completely useless out of water tiles and can be somewhat easily ignored in various situations. You're free to check the health values, but many of these values in lv2's are that high to still make these units be viable in survival scenarios as not having lv3's and not depending in the use of external mods like XP mod.

Angels
Lv1 Angels are not viable actually, being seriously underpowered unit. Even with increasing their health to 31 and cost lowered to 17 they stilll look weak.
- Health from 27 to 31
- Price from 18g to 17g
- Mountain defense from 50% to 60% (by testing, they need this buff)

Angel Marksman
Would highly suggest them having the same ranged arcane attack that Archangels have as a costless bonus
- NEW ATTACK: Lightbeam 9-2 arcane ranged +Magical

And being serious , I don't remember the other changes that were implemented in ageless that could help Rashy Era to be more balanced even in itself's era. But something I could realize is that there are some notable underpowered spread among the era, which If given a time I can help to check these and to fix later.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Found a couple of typos. :- )
- cavalery is repeated several times
- luz peasant has 4 in it's desc. theoracy, miss harvest (missed harvests I presume), aswell & militairy
- amazon priest has ceremonical & godess
- luz priest has rang instead of rank
- luz tormentor has controll (oh also found in luz race desc)
- luz inquisition initiate has necesarry (dardo scout has it too)
- swamp snake has aquired, severly, weakend

p.s. looking forward to downloading the 1.16 version
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Thanks for the reminder, Atreides. I completeley missed the 1.16 release

Balance changes for Ships & Angel have been Implemented. Spelling mistakes have been corrected.
Uploaded 1.4.7 to both wesnoth 1.14 and 1.16