The Golden Age

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ForestDragon

Re: The Golden Age (WIP era)

Post by ForestDragon »

0.1.11 is out! changelog:
added singleplayer support (it will only use duplicate mainline units in multiplayer, while using advacefroms in sp.), added another horseman line for loyalists, and a branch for Cavalryman.
btw, i am working on a new faction for the era called "Northerners" not to be confused with mainline ones, it consists of snow fairies, unicorns, and ice golems, and about balance: snow fairy and unicorn line are sam as FoaP, but Ice golem stats i had to do from skratch, here, i would like some comment about it:
Ice Golem line prewiev:
lvl1:
lvl2:
lvl3:
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

0.1.12 is out! changes:
fixed Elvish Acolyte lacking an entangle anim, added Poltergeist (lvl1 Shadow)added Saurian Husk line, Sea Orc line,Cunning Woman line, Blood Hulk line
so i mostly added 2 more units for undead, and now 4 factions have units with berserk (new: drakes,undead)
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

0.1.13 is out! just a small patch-like release, here are the changes, for those that are interested:
added sheild attack to Sentry,buffed up Blood Hulk line hp,fixed quite a bunch of minor bugs,added Flesh Golem,added portrait for Dwarvish Wanderer line
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

0.1.15 is out here is the changelog:
Added Dwarvish Miner Line (mixed fighter, leaning towards melee), added Brewer line (healer), Outcast line (copy of Wesfolk Outcast), changed addon desc
also btw, sorry for not uploading 0.1.14 announcment, here are the changes in 0.1.14:
renamed Death Lord to Death Marshal (as well as added new anims for him)Dark adept line now has lvl4 Necromancer and lvl4 and lvl5 liches, Abomination (lvl4 Ghoul)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

0.1.16 is out! once again, here is the changelog:
made shrunken verisons of some portraits, tweaked Orcish Fireline branch, fixed TGA Khaiyal not advancing to Qanas, lowered Dwarvish Wanderer max exp, changed Saurian Husk's role
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

0.1.17 is out! changelog over here (you know, things got boring due to recent lack of feedback :annoyed: ):
added Great Ogre, tweaks to dwarvish Brewer line,fixed error with Shannat Monawish having red instead of TC, tweaks to Dwarvish Berserker line (fixed TC&shadow on lvl3, and added opt branch),added attack anim for custodian
DeCoolest_Cat

Post by DeCoolest_Cat »

You know, one this I liked about TGA was that it had maps that came with it. It would be nice if you created more, and here's somthing. Make maps tailored to certain factions. You could also make a map with different parts suited to all factions, kind of like a death match. Just quick ideas I thought of on the spot, so you could easily think of better ones if you put your mind to it.
Author of beta campaign Kalbruk's Journey - My art thread - My collection of single player scenarios: The Archives
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

0.2.0 is out! man, this time i went all-out with new features :whistle: (i even had to remind myself to save some content for 0.2.x :lol: ) here is the changelog:

Orcish Rampage (tanky berserker), even more improvements to shaman line (every unit has shadow wave, and witchdoctor now has heals+8 and cures),added Falled Faerie line to undead, added Faeries to Sylvan,buffed up Snow Shaman damage a bit, northerners faction, lvl3 Bat,ghost bat line, rat advancements, fixed stun not changing unit color to normal after wearing off, outlaw basher line (stun), dusk faerie line, lvl4 Faerie Avatar (only accessible as AoL leader),added portrait to unicorn,Cactose, added portraits to Fire Guardian, and Fire Wisp, Dwarvish Thane is no longer Stalwart's advancement (he is a lvl4 of an optional branch now),Battle Mage branch (agile mixed fighter),Dwarvish Gunslinger (no melee extra strike, second attack that has 1 strike, but can be used twice per turn), Dwarvish Warden (lvl4 guardsman, main branch), anims for Cunning Woman line, lvl3 witch, Brigand line, added Northern Humans to Northerners faction,added lvl5 drake burner, added lvl5 Sylph, and lvl4 Shyde to elves,lvl2-3 versions of fire guardian (EoMa :) ), Royal Necromancer (not available as leader/recruit though :( ), new snowy map called 'Icy Wastelands',Chevalier branch (foot paladins), Dracoatl (flying snake)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

0.2.1 is out! changelog as usual:
Added lvl3s for all salamander branches", lvl3 saurian soothsayer, lvl2-4 goblin rouser line, lvl2 for goblin impaler,Thundergobo branch, orcish brute line, Drake Mage line, Toad rider line
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

0.2.2 is out! changelog:
replaced Carapace Lord sprites with MWC ones, added a 16-2 pierce marksman attack to elvish vanquisher, fallen faerie avatar (inaccessible in MP), made Titanium Decimator lvl5 (and added a lvl4 to fill the niche), bob anim for decimator (also for his new lvl4 counterpart)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

0.2.3 is out!:
added Faceless Knight branch (tanky ghost with night regen), Saurian Devotee (lvl0 Augur), added Elvish Bowrider branch (opt. from scout, good at ranged, marksman, bolas), replaced Adept of light with healer mage (thanks to Aldarisvet)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

0.2.4 is out!:
added a new attack icon for orvish nightblade's kick, fixed jinx ability not working, fixed Pilferer having red instead of TC, added Dire Rabbit, made Sentry's impact resistance 10% and pierce 20%, removed melee fist from gyrocopter
ForestDragon

Re: The Golden Age

Post by ForestDragon »

0.2.5 is out!:
northern shaman line (mixed fighter healer, with leadership, unpoison, but with weak healing), Will-o-Wisp line for Sylvan , Forgotten Sentinel (defensive oriented opt. advancement for revenant), added sound when recruiting fallen faeries, buffed up Black rider line's damage (since human horsemen outmatched them in almost every way)
Aldarisvet
Translator

Post by Aldarisvet »

Hi!

My couple of thoughts.
I really doubt that much people would play your era because there a lot of eras in the add-ons server and they are really similar in many units.
What good work you can really do is to collect all high-quality sprites close to mainline style and do not some low-quality ones. Would you do this, your era would be unique.
Do not use real trash units as Brigand->Raider, they are awful, Wesnoth 1.0 style.
Do not put in one line units from visible different lines. Your Elvish Adept-Acolite-Zelot-High Priest line is wierd, all 4 units from different styles.
Zarif advancing to Eskiya really looks strange.
Naga Ninja looks not good. I think you should either improve such units or do not use them.
I hope you will upgrade your criterias of quality.

Well, in fact I suggest your Era to be a database of all good quality units i.e. you find any cool unit - you take it. And I really see you pulling out really cool old (or new) sprites from everywhere. The name of you Era suggests that you have something best.
Of course for you there is a gameplay aspect of the Era but I am not intrested in it :D
I myself permanently in search of good sprites and I publish them in facebook page so probably you can look for them there.

Probably this good painted unit can find place in your Era too
http://units.wesnoth.org/1.12/DMS/en_US ... 0Magi.html

End fix bugs so your era would be able to be seen in the database.
facebook.com/wesnothian/ - everyday something new about Wesnoth
My campaign:A Whim of Fate, also see it's prequel Zombies:Introduction
Art thread:Mostly frankenstains
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Aldarisvet wrote:What good work you can really do is to collect all high-quality sprites close to mainline style and do not some low-quality ones. Would you do this, your era would be unique.
to be honest, this was kind of the idea of mine, something like a "ageless no-crap"
Aldarisvet wrote:Do not use real trash units as Brigand->Raider, they are awful, Wesnoth 1.0 style.
ok, to be honest, i added them only due to being desperate, going to remove them, thanks
Aldarisvet wrote:Do not put in one line units from visible different lines. Your Elvish Adept-Acolyte-Zealot-High Priest line is wierd, all 4 units from different styles.
well, maybe i should make a franken from Zealot, since yeah, Zealot-High Priest part is indeed weird
Aldarisvet wrote:Zarif advancing to Eskiya really looks strange.
to be honest, he doesn't really fit anywhere else :hmm:
Aldarisvet wrote:Naga Ninja looks not good. I think you should either improve such units or do not use them.
well, it's from RotM, to be honest, it's the only addon with mainline-comparable style nagas, so i don't really have much choice on that part
Aldarisvet wrote:I hope you will upgrade your criterias of quality.
ok, the only reason for it is the fact that finding new stuff is slowly getting harder, and harder
Aldarisvet wrote:Well, in fact I suggest your Era to be a database of all good quality units (it have an appropriate name for it) and I really see you pulling out really cool old (or new) sprites from everywhere.
that's my intention anyway, i made it since ageless looked like a trash can (no offense to the author, i know how hard making things is)
Aldarisvet wrote:Of course for you there is a gameplay aspect of the Era but I am not intrested in it :D
well, i like feedback about any aspect of the era, so thanks for commenting :D
Aldarisvet wrote:I myself permanently in search of good sprites and I publish them in facebook page so probably you can look for them there.
i would be happy if you post a direct link to the page
Aldarisvet wrote:Probably this good painted unit can find place in your Era too
http://units.wesnoth.org/1.12/DMS/en_US ... 0Magi.html
thanks! i'll maybe use him as opt. branch for Elvish Noble
Aldarisvet wrote:And fix bugs so your era would be able to be seen in the database.
to be honest, i can't understand most of them though :|

Thanks for feedback, i am open to suggestions