The Golden Age

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IPS

Re: The Golden Age

Post by IPS »

Somehow late ... but I'm here in the lapse of a week I've said you in MP! :D
Not every faction is included this time, but well, it's not few at all.

Edit:
Darn, I've noticed recently that text has issues with descriptions or so, but oh well... :doh: still that doesn't matter because it doesn't influenciate the intended sugestions at all, just a little to the coment :doh: ... Flaw only in Outlaw revision.
Attachments
The golden age feedback 12-11-16.txt
Revision to Loyalist, Outlaws, Dwarves and Undead.
(4.37 KiB) Downloaded 466 times
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

great ideas :D sadly i can't implement them right now, because i am on a different computer than the one before, at least i'll put some of my opinions about your ideas:
Exterminator
- Rename Chaos into something refered to area atack something like (Something like Round atack)
i think something like 'defensive spin' or 'spinning counterattack'
Forester
Overpriced unit, it's not 40g tier unit. Price 40g -> 34g
i think we could also give him something like 18-1 lesser marksman,backstab ranged, and have the cost at 36?
Horse Archer
Sincerely I don't like default balance in Calvarymen line, but this unit sadly needs to be in the same standards of Dragoon :/
- Bow damage 8-3 -> 5-4 ... To make them a little more diferent to Longbowmen.
- Health 54 -> 46
- Bolas 7-2 -> 5-2 and atack only.
Coment: Extended units from default needs default standards, even if I don't like that at all :/

Archer Knight
- Longbow 9-4 -> 7-4
- Bolas 8-3 -> 6-3 (freed of atack only at this level)
- Health 68 -> 61
well, i am somewhat unsure about ranged nerfs, but i agree on making them more fragile. slightly off topic: there might also be an idea to give them a fire arrow optional advancement
Jouster
- 8-3 -> 6-3 (charge) NOTE: 15-3 at day time if not strong!
Coment: extra movement, and being capable to last hit a target with 15 hp if not strong or 18 if strong ... is really STRONG.
well, at least i did a subtle change by making it 7-3 in the unreleased version
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
IPS

Post by IPS »

Exterminator
- Rename Chaos into something refered to area atack something like (Something like Round atack)
i think something like 'defensive spin' or 'spinning counterattack'
Forester
Overpriced unit, it's not 40g tier unit. Price 40g -> 34g
i think we could also give him something like 18-1 lesser marksman,backstab ranged, and have the cost at 36?
Don't even try ... 36-1 with at least 50% hit? You can take away a Lv3 unit with only 2 of them with a 25% chance!
I find fine that unit as how I suggested, also you can try adding him a 5-3 ranged backstab + lesser marskman, 10-3 blade looks interesting.
Horse Archer
Sincerely I don't like default balance in Calvarymen line, but this unit sadly needs to be in the same standards of Dragoon :/
- Bow damage 8-3 -> 5-4 ... To make them a little more diferent to Longbowmen.
- Health 54 -> 46
- Bolas 7-2 -> 5-2 and atack only.
Coment: Extended units from default needs default standards, even if I don't like that at all :/

Archer Knight
- Longbow 9-4 -> 7-4
- Bolas 8-3 -> 6-3 (freed of atack only at this level)
- Health 68 -> 61
well, i am somewhat unsure about ranged nerfs, but i agree on making them more fragile. slightly off topic: there might also be an idea to give them a fire arrow optional advancement
You need to, look that Lv2 comparation ... Dragoon is only 6-4 mele and 12-1 ranged which is notably inferior than even the version I gift you of horse archer! Also 8-3 mele is superior than 20-1 ranged. It's probable that 7-4 on ranged is exagerated, you can try 8-4 instead.
Jouster
- 8-3 -> 6-3 (charge) NOTE: 15-3 at day time if not strong!
Coment: extra movement, and being capable to last hit a target with 15 hp if not strong or 18 if strong ... is really STRONG.
well, at least i did a subtle change by making it 7-3 in the unreleased version
Belive me, 6-3 charge is more balanced than 7-3. Dealing up to 15 damage (18 if strong) in one strike without taking any retaliation damage and having 3 tries instead of 2 as horsemen. It's a lot safer than Horsemen line if you play them right!

Also, I'm counting with the optimal of +25% day time (just multiplicate x1.25)
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

about forester: well, 5-3 lesser marksmanbacksatb sounds great :D
about horse archer, i think i could rather buff the TGA Dragoon branch instead :D (that's the huge plus of having [base_unit]s)
about jouster: why not just make it more expensive? like 26 or 27?
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
IPS

Post by IPS »

mmmm.... twice the movement of a spearman, twice the damage of spearman (when charging), almost twice the price? mmm... don't know, but then you would be making a Lv1 unit with price of lv2 o:

I personally preffer the 25g but 6-3 pierce charge version. But you're the era author :P
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

IPS wrote:mmmm.... twice the movement of a spearman, twice the damage of spearman (when charging), almost twice the price? mmm... don't know, but then you would be making a Lv1 unit with price of lv2 o:

I personally preffer the 25g but 6-3 pierce charge version. But you're the era author :P
well, the charge units have a lvl2-like damage (even a tiny bit stronger, but riskier) so it should be fine
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hi ForestDragon, just a few thoughts on balancing the Golden Age:
-The Elder Athvari and advancements of it seem a little too powerful (compared to the silver mage) they have powerful magic range,teleport and also considerable melee
-The Maji (khalifaate unit lvl 2) is also a bit overweighted with teleport and 9-4 magic melee (equal to the lvl 3 silver mage)
-The Fire Warrior costs way more then the Fire Warden, for recruiting this makes since, because it is quite a bit more powerful, but i think the fact the warden can advance and costs less means that i would always go for the warrior. Maybe balance the costs to attacks a little better.
-Highwaymans upgrades to a guy hitting 12-4 or 12-5????
-Merman warrior king only hits 9-5 i don't think thats as good as the elvish champions 9-5 9-3bow but no leadership...
-Minatour is a bit powerful also with regenerates +12 and 18-3 with clave power... but he is a stand alone unit so
-Merman Buccaneer is a bit weak, i think he needs some ability to fix his lack of power
-Elvish High Lord a bit to powerful, don't know if you've already changed it from the base unit or not but 7-5 magical ranged & a strong 10-4 melee is a bit overweighted
-Also the loyalist forester, wouldn't he advance from the poacher? (then again maybe he's like a loyal poacher) Also he seems a bit to strong, compared to the elvish ranger and other archers
-For the golden mage maybe instead you should make the silver mage advance to alderisvet's silver arch mage (can be found in the 5 lords reign era)
-The elvish vanquisher is a bit better then the elvish champion because of his skirmish, and powerful ranged
Btw i love your boar line (especially the thunderboar!!), and the new northern faction is going to be awesome! :D Did you draw the sprites?

Also Elvish Gryphon Knight is soooo cool!! :shock:

And also honorable mention the master javileneer is very professional looking! The ancient orge also looks really cool but its spear is a little bent oddly. And the naga assassin is nice! And the khalifate hurasch is good and unique also. (also it would be cool if the tabib advanced)
IPS

Post by IPS »

Khalifate Maji is liminal aligment, which means he's 75% offensive 4/6 of the time, meaning he's commonly a 7-4 ranged magical and 3-10. Liminal aligment is precisely made to make a kind of nerf to certain units with cool extras that isn't just higher damage. On his case, teleport sand storm atack, but he's offensively less effective than red mages at 4/6 of the game!.

Also looking at his health, it's a bit too much, I would sugest to make hp from 43 to 35 (mostly, to rebalance him as a leader option). He has 20% pierce/blade reistance alike (make them only 10%), but maybe considering his newer lower health you can fix that -10% impact res to 0%.

Zarif balance sugestion: make him 5 MP only, 6 MP is exagerated, apart he's skirmisher at the cost of liminal. That extra movement makes him underpriced. After movement nerf make him 16g too (instead of 15g)

Also about that silver mage sugestion, I would need to see gold mages from this era and that other silver mage to have a decent idea of what we're talking about. Maybe we can spread them into 2 different advanements for silver mage :D

Soon in a week, I will do a revision to Khalifate.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

hi, so, i finally completed 1.4.1 version of TGA, sorry for the delay, there has been school, a bit a sickness, ect. anyways, here is the changelog as usual:

replaced Dwarvish Mountain King's ranged attack with a 12-2 hatchet, added Auxillary Master (lvl4 Cavalier), added animations for Light Bringer, added a fire dagger AMLA for Dwarvish Blazer, nerfed Jouster's melee to 7-3 and cost to 26 (from 25), and TGA Lancer's melee to 11-3, added Orcish High Mogoul (lvl5 Emperor), gave Druid an entangle attack, renamed Dwarvish Ice Sage to Dwarvish Frostmancer, and gave him a 6-4 slowing attack, added Dwarvish Sage Futuristic (lvl4 Dwarvish Loremaster), TGA version of Dwarvish Scout now has a 7-2 ranged attack instead of 8-2, weakened Sentry's fire/cold resistances, buffed Forester, nerfed Armored Crossbowman, made TGA Dragoon have 7-4 melee, added Mounted Signalman (lvl1 Signalman),added Flareman (another lvl1 for Signalman), nerfed Outlaw Swordswoman, renamed 'chaos' weapon special to 'whirling counterattack', did some nerfs to the Elvish Ancestor and Forefather (though not as severe as IPS suggested), slightly nerfed Maji, nerfed Zarif
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Sounds good i look forward to trying it out! :D
IPS

Post by IPS »

Khalifate feedback.
Attachments
Khalifate.txt
Khalifate new units and leaders rebalance
(2.15 KiB) Downloaded 427 times
Durin_the_great

Post by Durin_the_great »

Hi ForestDragon. If I am not mistaken, at first transport ability of goblin transport said it spawned 3 goblins. As soon as I advanced one to goblin caravan, it said it's 6 goblins. Is that a bug? And the dismounting button is ridiculous. A transport costs 33, a goblin costs 9. If I dismount, the upkeep doesn't change. But the 4 new units are 3 goblins and a wolf. Their cost is 27 + cost of wolf, which is for sure more than 6. Thus buying a transport and dismounting is cheating for sure.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Durin_the_great wrote:Hi ForestDragon. If I am not mistaken, at first transport ability of goblin transport said it spawned 3 goblins. As soon as I advanced one to goblin caravan, it said it's 6 goblins. Is that a bug? And the dismounting button is ridiculous. A transport costs 33, a goblin costs 9. If I dismount, the upkeep doesn't change. But the 4 new units are 3 goblins and a wolf. Their cost is 27 + cost of wolf, which is for sure more than 6. Thus buying a transport and dismounting is cheating for sure.
the name is the same, but the abilities do actually have a different goblin count. i guess i could remove the dismount feature
Durin_the_great

Post by Durin_the_great »

I would suggest making the names different, because after I advance one transport, everybody's ability becomes twice more powerful.
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

I would suggest to just explain that in the ability description. Like with the leadership ability.
Try out the dark board theme.