The Golden Age

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ForestDragon

Re: The Golden Age (WIP era)

Post by ForestDragon »

exact values (? > ?), please?
EDIT:i like the fact that you are posting feedback, but i'ts easier for me if you say exactly what you want to change to what
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Ravana wrote:I suspect Mountain King is way too powerful.
do you mean the thunderstick? if so, then i can understand, but please say how much EXACTLY should i nerf him, thanks for appreciating
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

It gets powerful magical melee, good magical ranged, and leadership too. And some resists.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Ravana wrote:It gets powerful magical melee, good magical ranged, and leadership too. And some resists.
fixing all those in 0.1.3:
removed leadership,weakened hammer from 28-2 to 24-2, ranged from 12-3 to 12-2,resists now same as lvl3, thanks for feedback, it always helps :)
by the way, if you find any more balance issues, don't forget to tell, thanks :D
EDIT: additional things to expect in 0.1.3: AOL undead, Dwarvish Witness res. nerf (a bit)
EDIT2: the reason i can't do it now is: i am in a different place, using a computer which doesn't have server.pbl, but don't worry, i'll start working on it tomorrow or so.
Last edited by ForestDragon on March 25th, 2016, 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

by the way, i am concerned about not only unit balance, but overall faction VS faction balance too
EDIT: also, when i make my era balanced enough, i might create a topic in Strategies and Tips forum, perphaps?
DeCoolest_Cat

Post by DeCoolest_Cat »

ForestDragon wrote:by the way, i am concerned about not only unit balance, but overall faction VS faction balance too
EDIT: also, when i make my era balanced enough, i might create a topic in Strategies and Tips forum, perphaps?
If you have read the faction guide in the Faction & Era Development forum, you know it says that factions are balanced against factions, not units against units. So you should definitely work on that.
Author of beta campaign Kalbruk's Journey - My art thread - My collection of single player scenarios: The Archives
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

thanks for suggesting, i read it, and i have to admit, it helps a lot, thanks!
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

0.1.3 is out! the new changes are:
nerfed Mountain King (removed leadership,weakened hammer from 28-2 to 24-2, ranged from 12-3 to 12-2),nerfed Dwarvish Witness line (a bit less resistance, lvl1 cost 22 instead of 20),AOL undead
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

i would like to ask your opinion about these ideas for 0.1.4:
1.removing all but protective carapaces from drakes,only hunting from Merfolk,and only protective from nagas
2.i am currently working on a water map, which i will include next update (the theme is: sea everywhere, some reefs here and there, decent sized atoll-thing (eye-candy, six villages, lots and lots and lots of reefs), 2 sides)
and i would also like suggestions like:
3.one about units from addons i can use for my era (i will of course put the credit in addon description, just don't forget to tell the addon name, and possibly the author's nickname too)
4.other miscellanious suggestions for my era which include, but not limited to: individual unit balance,map balance (coming soon),and other era-related things you come up with
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

0.1.4 is out!, and i currently have 108 downloads while i am posting it (i just checked) changes are:
added two naval maps (to make TGA naval actually usablel),nerfed naga hunter line (no marksman spec., -1 dam), fixed lvl3 Naga Sentinel having 11-2 melee (now has 11-4),lvl 4 elvish Juggernaut (advances from champion, uses OoA blade dancer sprite (it fits better that one from LotI))
let me know what do you think about my maps
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

by the way, i think it would be best to remove carapaces from TGA Naval (these are the first race ever in any era, to be recruitable with 3 factions at once :shock: ) and also, due to their resistances, they are kind of a pain in the back, thus, i will remove them from Merfolk and Nagas (Drakes will still have em')
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

0.1.5 is out! changes are:
new Saurian Guard line portraits, removed carapaces from Naval, lvl3 Elvish Glavier (man, now Elvish Hero has 3 upgrade paths (WOW!!!) one normal, which can upgrade to lvl4 (Elvish Juggernaut, has 12-5 blade and 18-3 pierce, extra 10% physical resistances), Elvish Vanquisher, and now Elvish Glavier, a tanky steadfast unit)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

cmon!, post feedback, ok?
Deciton_Reven

Post by Deciton_Reven »

ForestDragon wrote:by the way, i think it would be best to remove carapaces from TGA Naval (these are the first race ever in any era, to be recruitable with 3 factions at once :shock: ) and also, due to their resistances, they are kind of a pain in the back, thus, i will remove them from Merfolk and Nagas (Drakes will still have em')
Well that's not true. Humans are in default and are recruitable by Loyalists, Rebels, and Knaglin Alliance. They're actually in four in Default as Undead have humans too. Then you have works like Ageless that have multiple factions of the same race. I think that you're over claiming just a little.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

yeah, i know, but they are kinda slow and resistant, not very fit for the two decent sized maps i made