Cyberpunk/sci-fi military armies

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Murix

Cyberpunk/sci-fi military armies

Post by Murix »

I'm currently working on at the moment 2 factions consisting of units varying from assault infantry and heavy units to Mech units.

I've only just started and I've only got about 3 units sort of done at the moment and there are still things I'm considering such as making the infantry sprites smaller so I can include light tanks and "Walker" units but I'll do that once I try making a tank to the current size I'm working at now.

This post serves 3 purposes.

1. If people are interested in doing art sometime in the near future PM me.

2. Once I'm closer to done I'd like some people to test balancing issues for me

3. Do you think the community actually wants something like this?
Attachments
An example of the current light infantry unit
An example of the current light infantry unit
L_Infanty.png (36.92 KiB) Viewed 8694 times
Last edited by Murix on November 9th, 2014, 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Piko555

Re: Cyberpunk/sci-fi military armies

Post by Piko555 »

The idea looks fresh and I'm sure many people bored by typical fantasy would like to play this, so I wish you the best of luck. ;) Your question isnt 100% clear to me but if you asked is it possible to hit enemy by other way than melee or ranged - yes it sure is. :D
Murix

Post by Murix »

Ah yeah sorry about that but no, your answer answers my question.

I've got about 6 units out of 12 done now and I'm working on the coding right now. I still need to do attack and idle animations but i'm getting there.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Sounds interesting :)

You might want to check out the "Galactic Empires" add-on, as it contains many sci-fi units (with good graphics).
Murix

Post by Murix »

The art i posted is only a early version, I plan on making it look a lot better when I actually release something.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Murix wrote:The art i posted is only a early version, I plan on making it look a lot better when I actually release something.
Oh, I wasn't criticizing your art at all (sorry if I gave that impression), I mentioned that Galactic Empires has good graphics just to inform you that it would probably be worth your time to check them out.
Murix

Post by Murix »

Oh yeah sorry no problem, Yeah I've checked them out and am now using their vehicles for size references as I was a bit puzzled on what to do with Light tanks and walkers with the amount of space available (should I make the units smaller etc).
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

By the way, what are the two factions that you are planning on doing called? Could you give us some background to them?
Murix

Post by Murix »

Ah yeah no there really isn't anything like that at the moment. I'm still messing around with designs.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

You should look into one of my projects called "Epical". It features several tanks and spacecraft designs, even so they are ugly, because selfmade :lol:.

The vehicles can be found here:

http://opengameart.org/content/epical-s ... ction-pack
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

You also might want to check out The War of Terrador which is also a scifi/futuristic addon. You will need old version of wesnoth though.
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... or#p351628
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

max_torch wrote:You also might want to check out The War of Terrador which is also a scifi/futuristic addon. You will need old version of wesnoth though.
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... or#p351628
Yes, that sounds useful for his project. He doesn't need the old version of Wesnoth to take a look of the graphics though, he can just download the add-on directly from the Wesnoth addon server here.
Murix

Post by Murix »

OK I'm starting work on this again after planning and doing some drafts on and off.

The mod is now going to be styled around more Firestorm Armada Planetfall units. I'll post some more updates soon and some demonstrations in the coming weeks.