Imperial Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: Imperial Era

Post by Atreides »

rage (3) still buggy. Works on defense contrary to description.

Updated post:

active_on=offense inserted in each rage(x), read that fixes it

Found another bug in the code BTW. rage(2) has value=3, ought to be 2 I guess...
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Thanks Atreides. Good to hear from you.

I've actually already fixed this, and it'll be working as intended in the next version.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Oh nice! I also made a cosmetic change that I quite like: The Samnis and it's interrupt attack vs missile units I altered the text that it shows to Blinded instead of Interrupted. The text in the unit box I changed to day-blind also. Feel free to copy, hehe.
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

I might just do that. I've been thinking of changing it from 'interrupted', after all.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Found a silly bug. :) I was annoyed at the missing bow sounds for some Gladiators and was gonna add some but found that all the sounds were already nicely done. Only some have bow.png in place of bow.ogg and bow-miss.png for bow-miss.ogg :-D

Wesnoth sure is robust, back in the old days trying to play a graphics file as a sound woulda crashed MS-DOS... <grin>

Recursive search and replace fixed my copy. Ahhh no more silent Essedarius, this will be a relief...
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

I'd already found and fixed this problem in a number of the marauders, but I'd missed that it occurred in the Orcei too.
Thanks for the report, I've added it to my list, and a fix will be included in the next public release version.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

More sounds of silence, these less silly (sorry Pythons!) than before.

River Lizard line has no thrown knife sound. Same with Nomad. I copied ones in from bladesmann which did have a animation. Nomad has anim just no sound, I probably broke it by adding sound, heh.
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

If you're willing, do to take a look at the Orbivm github. If you make changes to the files there that'll save us having to repeat your work if and when I remember down the track, and maybe the whole IE can stop being so silly.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Marauder scout also has no axe attack sound.

I'll have a look at that thing. Does make sense not to have things done twice. :)
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Hey, I was wondering what people think of adding the Dunefolk to Imperial + Default Era? Does anyone like the idea?
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

I should have added them last time. I'll do it for the next update.

Edit: And done. 0.25.1 pushed for Wesnoth 1.15 branch. 0.25.0 broke compatibility for 1.14, so new changes will only be for 1.15+ from here on out.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Wow, all the updates for various addons are now 1.15 only it seems. Made me wonder if 1.16 was coming soon but the forum post said it was estimated Oct. '21!

Does anyone actually _play_ 1.15 as opposed to _testing_ it? Is it actually usable?

A year seems a looong time...
Hejnewar

Post by Hejnewar »

1.15 is usable, people think that it's completely unstable etc. it seems but thats completely untrue, it has some bugs but nothing major / gamebreaking at least in 1.15.4. There are not many people there but sometimes you can find someone to play with.
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Atreides wrote: September 9th, 2020, 8:11 pm Wow, all the updates for various addons are now 1.15 only it seems.
Sadly, this is one of the problems of a long development cycle. New features are great for UMC, so we tend to use the newest thing, then maintaining for multiple versions is a hassle (I still have flashbacks to trying to keep two versions current for 1.10 and 1.12).

1.15 seems really solid to me and I haven't used 1.14 for a long time now, but I don't play multiplayer, so the fact that the player counts are still much higher on the 1.14 servers isn't really a factor for me.

If there's demand out there for an updated IE on 1.14 I could look into backporting, I suppose. I've haven't worried too much about it in the past because my normal updates are so few and far between anyway, but if people keep contributing bits and pieces it's not out of the question.
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

UnwiseOwl wrote: September 9th, 2020, 7:57 am I should have added them last time. I'll do it for the next update.

Edit: And done. 0.25.1 pushed for Wesnoth 1.15 branch.
Thank you!