watbesh's Rule Pack ver 0.4.3

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

watbesh

watbesh's Rule Pack ver 0.4.3

Post by watbesh »

edit - now moved to a new thread for Wesnoth 1.12!

I made some eras (with core units) for Multi-player games for BfW 1.10 .
Current version: 0.4.3 (February 12th, 2013)
It works alright, but I have no idea when to call this pack 'version 1.0' .
Japanese translation is available.
Other Add-ons:
I made:

Fools Era (I may change its name)
When a unit is defeated, one unit may appear on the attacker's side. The new unit is fragile and slow, but it does not need upkeep gold.
I had done it a long time ago, but I do not know why I have named it "Fools Era"... I will change its name if a better name is proposed.
Good for necromancers. But I say it looks like reversi, not necroman-si.
Updates:
Handicap Era
You can change start gold, base income, village gold, fog and shroud for each side. This can be useful when playing Auction-X with "Shuffle sides" option.
Updates:
Hide-Your-Faction Era (I may change its name)
You can choose your non-random faction without letting your opponents know it.
An error occurs if a game has a human player with a name from "RCA AI 1" to "RCA AI 9", though I am sure it never happens unless somebody intentionally does.
Good for unlucky random-faction-users, including myself.
Updates:
MoreLuck Era
According to FPI#1, BfW does not need less random mode. Then I just made it more random.
And now I am sure this was a bad idea too.
Good for nobody, it seems.
Updates:
More-traits Era
A player can add an optional trait to new-recruited unit (it costs a bit more). You can use a dextrous Drake Burner, a fearless Horseman, an always-healthy Dwarvish Guardsman, and more...
But you cannot use resilient/healthy Ghosts. They might be just overpowered.
Undo-ing recruit will not pay back the gold for a trait.
Good for players who want stronger units.
Updates:
Patchwork (Random-faction) Era
Each player gets a random-generated faction with a level-2 leader and 8 types of level-1-or-0 recruit. If you do not like the faction, you can have another random faction instead.
The do-over rule is based on Mulligan, in collectible card games.
Good for [acronym=Random Number God/Goddess/Gremlin]RNG[/acronym] worshipers and people who likes card games/roguelikes/others.
This era alone is available on the Add-on Server.
Updates:
I have to do, and I need feedback/advice about:

Bugfix
There may be some bugs. If you find any, please let me know. I will do my best to fix them.

Message Improvement
I suppose some of in-game messages are bad, especially in English. If somebody tell me better ones, I will replace them.

Another Era Idea
I will add an era to this pack if I think of an idea which is interesting enough. Better if it is also balanced and/or easy-to-code.
My MP Eras and Mods with core units and unusual gameplay (version 1.3.1 for Wesnoth 1.12)