Problem with XP Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Carmaster

Problem with XP Era

Post by Carmaster »

Hello everyone!
I'm having a little trouble with the XP Era.
When I search it on the complement list on the game it doesn't appear. So I went to add-ons.wesnoth.org and downloaded it manually.
I got the .rar file on my desktop and then uncompressed it on D:\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.2/userdata/data/add-ons
The uncompressed folder is called XP Era and it has this: _info.cfg, _main.cfg, COPYING.txt and 1 folder called "translations", on that folder is another called "ja", into "ja" there is another folder called "LC_MESSAGES", and finally, into "LC_MESSAGES" there are two files called "wesnoth-XP_Era.mo" and "wesnoth-XP_Era.po".
When I execute the game and try to enter to the official server, the games lates too much on loading and when it finishes, a message appears saying that "_main.cfg" has an error. ERROR DETAILS: Macro/file 'ON_PRESTART' is missing at ...add-ons/XP_Era/_main.cfg:139
So what's the problem and how can I fix it?
Dugi

Re: Problem with XP Era

Post by Dugi »

The add-on probably was not made for your version of the game. If it was not on the server, it probably wasn't. If you download it manually from there using a browser, you can find plenty of outdated stuff.

The author probably didn't port that add-on for 1.10, and fixing this problem requires some knowledge of the code. If you don't want how to do that and don't feel like spending some time to learn that, remove it. If you feel like doing it, check out the wiki.
Dovolente

Re: Problem with XP Era

Post by Dovolente »

Sorry for not catching this sooner.

XP Era is indeed updated for 1.10, and should work just fine if you download/install it from the add-on server. It is found in Dov's MP Pack.