RPG AMLA 2

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Belbog

RPG AMLA 2

Post by Belbog »

Hello,

here I would like to post some new information about the "RPG AMLA 2" era. Any feedback of yours is welcome.
First, some basic information:
- the RPG AMLA era is an era in which you can level-up your units even after they reach the maximum level. This aditional leveling means choosing from many interesting RPG features. Just try it!
- I am not the original author of this era. The original author is dugi and unfortunatelly he seems inactive. I think this add-on is one of the best so I have decided to revive it (therefore I have made the no. 2 version: "RPG AMLA 2") and to repair these annoying errors I have been still encountering there.
- I plan to add some new features there, but now I am mainly looking for errors and bugs to repair them.

Thank dugi for this perferct add-on and write me any your ideas on how to improve it.

Have a nice play!

Belbog
powershot

Re: RPG AMLA 2

Post by powershot »

More Alma upgrades, I mean, It would be easy to do a Frankenstein then drop it in some black paint right?
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Belbog

Post by Belbog »

Well, I think this era is quite ballanced - of course you can make a "Frankenstein" (an incredibly powerful unit, you mean, do you?) and the difference between the weakest and strongest unit will be greater, but still in my opinion it does not ruin the game necessarilly. (If this is what you have meant...)
Maybe you would like to try it and write me your opinion; I would be glad.
powershot

Post by powershot »

No, I mean making another Alma upgrade, like Death Marshal(from Grand marshal);
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Belbog

Post by Belbog »

No, that is not my intention - I just felt pity there is a perfect add-on (dugi's RPG AMLA) with only few bugs which are however annoying; and because the add-on and its creator seem inactive I have decided to repair the bugs and post this add-on. But it is the very same add-on! So far I have not made any bigger changes, and I do not plan to change it into any "mutation". I just wanted to "revive" it, correct the bugs, and refine it.
powershot

Post by powershot »

Then you should call it RPG ALMA ERA reloaded and make it for 1.9
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Belbog

Post by Belbog »

Well... ok, I will rename it. Thanks
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

I personally don't think this is a bad idea. The only thing is the details. If you are leveling up units that would normally just get an AMLA, then a rename may be in order.
pleoscalete

Post by pleoscalete »

not sure anyone is still maintaining this mod but if you are, the following are for you:
did a little testing on this for bug/malfunctions detecting purposes and found a few things that don't work quite right.
first the testing method: simply opened a 4vs4 scenario(30% exp requirements), selected a different race for each player and left them all as local players so i could lvl up the units i wanted without having to worry that they'd be killed. both the settings and the results are easy to reproduce.

dwarf thunderguard - after a few lvl-ups the range weapon upgrade is still available but does nothing. (this also happens to drake warden's piercing melee and the orcish slayer's poisonous daggers right from the first upgrade. possibly others)
naga myrmidon - when increasing the terrain def with the first lvl-ul, it jumps directly to 100% on all terrains making it rather imba.
also, increasing terrain def seems to do nothing for saurians, spirits, berserkers and possibly some others i forgot.
all drakes except for hurricane only have one level of terrain def increase, that adds 4%. not sure if it's a bug but since everyone else has several(sometimes even 5 lvls cumulating a 20% increase which is huge) i assume they should have more or they'd be left behind.
specter has no upgrade on his ranged weapon. inferno drake has no upgrade on his melee weapon. not sure if these are bugs either but all other units do, so they appear to be missing..

also, there are heavy balancing issues. some units receive far too powerful attacks that can outright kill anything (lich(18*10 cold, magical), sylph(24*8 arcane, magical), elf champion when morphing to lord(23*7 blade, but it could still go higher)). all these unit's other attacks(melee/ranged) are also very powerful making the unit virtually unbeatable (lich has melee drain, sylph can also get drain and magical on melee and is anyway a lot more powerful damage wise, elf lord has a huge fairy fire).
there's also the issue of increasing terrain def by 20% that can have a huge impact and i believe it can virtually cause the game to be played with only units that have magical/marksman attacks cause the others would hardly ever hit since most units would have 60% def on most terrains, with some peaking at an absurd 80% on their favorite one(most elves get there with one single lvl-up). i don't necessarily object to an increase in terrain def but it should, imho be done in a maximum of 5 steps of 2% each rather than 4% and it should be the same for all units on all terrains.

that's all i can think of for now. these opinions are obviously subjective and a decent balance will not be obtained without some actual mp playing but the ones i mentioned stood out even in a few matches i've played against the ai so i thought they're worth mentioning.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I fixed all the bugs listed in this and also in another forum.

Because the RPG AMLA Era reloaded add-on is no longer needed, it has been deleted. All its bug fixes were incorporated into the main add-on.

About the balancing and possibility to create a godly unit: It must be a really lame opponent if he has not mustered everything to kill a unit with so many AMLAs. Yes, they may become invincible, but I cannot imagine a unit defeating 100 high level units in a PvP scenario, especially if they concentrated on slaying him.

I was not so inactive, I just haven't noticed that the forum page had also page 2 and page 3, so I thought the forum was completely dead. No one had the idea to send me a PM (that sends e-mail notifications).
PeteVine

Post by PeteVine »

Naga Myrmidon is still getting a 100% defense. Also there's a non-existent Fire Arbiter in the clasher config file instead of Drake Arbiter surely.
PeteVine

Post by PeteVine »

More findings:
Factions directory has config files with units missing the rae tag, namely guardsman, ulfserker and stalwart leader plus skirmisher and augur (which makes them regular amla units). That same tag is missing from the 'type' field in some of those files but that's not fatal as far as I can see.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have fixed that unit name confusion, should work now, the naga defence was fixed as well, there is no Fire Arbiter in the files anymore. Drakes can now take the defence upgrade five times like I was intending.

Please, don't use this forum for feedback, better use the official one (my signature links to it as well).