Era of Invasions (demons, celests...)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

francophone

Era of Invasions (demons, celests...)

Post by francophone »

I say about EOIs on the writer's forum. But the description of units, races, abilities... is more for this forum, no ?
I have do the work, and I will not do again. So I copy here a lot of that I have post on the other forum.

Era of Invasions : I add new factions at the default factions. My factions must be accorded with the default factions. The two mean factions are the demons and the celests (traditional enemies). The campaign will be in two time. First, with the demons. Then the counter attack, with some (or all) celests. I do not say more about campaign(s) now.
I begin with the demons faction (nearly finished).

Demon faction = race.

You can look the race file.
demons.cfg
(7.43 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
Few of demons have “plague”. They transform those they kill to the lvl0 demon.
All demons don't be affect by plague.

Demons have generally 100% of resistance about blade pierce and impact. -50 about arcane. The not fire or cold demons have 50% of resistance about fire and cold. The fire demons have 100% about fire (and always 50 about cold). The cold demons have 100% about cold (and always 50 about fire). All cold demons (flying or not), don't be affect by poison*, and they are chaotic. Other demons are neutral, except the burn demon.
*ability coldlife:
[description: "Coldlife:
If it is poisoned, cold demon will remove the poison."
special note " If it is poisoned, this unit will remove the poison."]

The fire flying demons have a movement cost of 1 except on forest and fungus where they have 3. So, very slow on forest. But they can fly onto water or canyon.
They have bad defense. Best 50 on mountains, cave and fungus. 20 on water.
They have regeneration on lava:
["Flying fire demon:
This unit will regenerate 8 hp when over lava."
" This unit will regenerate 8 hp when over lava."]

The cold flying demons have 2 costs of movement on fungus and forest, and 1 else. They have 10% of defense more than fire flying demon on castle (50), village (50) and fungus (60).

The not flying cold demon have 1 cost of movement on forest, but 2 on sand, and 2, 3 or 4 on water or swamp. Classic defense. More for the fast demons, but -15% of resistance about blade and -30 about impact.

The not flying fire demons have 2 on forest, mountain and frozen, but 1 on sand. 3 and 4 on water or swamp. More bad defense than not flying cold demons. But +20% of resistance about physical attacks (blade, pierce and impact). In fact, it is the only armored demon.

The small demons have 3 cost of movement in deep water. 2 on others water and swamp. 1 else. Good defense. Better on villages, forests and fungus (70).

The description of the demon race : “Demons come from an other level of the world. This strong and powerful creatures rarely use weapon and protection. Generally they fight with their claws and breath. Some demons can convert enemy to new demon when they kill it. But demons cannot be plagued. Most of them divide into fire or cold demons.

Fire demons are the most strong and resilient. Some of them have regeneration ability.

Cold demons are immune to poison. Some of them can drain enemy.

Flying demons don't have wings. They use dorsal shafts filled up by mana. But those shafts impede they especially in forest and decrease defense."
aaa.png
Semi demon :
lvl0 hp19mvt5 exp20
claws 4X3 (damage 4, number 3) blade melee
It is a great lvl0 (cost 13). It evolve to all lvl1 demons (all cost 21).
“Semi Demon is a young demon from birth or conversion by plague, not yet specialized. It can evolve to every types of demons.”

Rabid Demon
lvl1 hp33 mvt6 exp44 (movement type small demon)
fangs 6X3 blade melee plague (type semi demon) bersek
“Rabid Demon is a small demon who haven't chose fire or cold way. It is a enraged demon who don't know fear.”

Some unit's descriptions are too short. Some units haven't description (or the same that the lvl1).
If you have ideas to complete...

Soulsucker
lv1 hp39 mvt5 exp60
not flying slow cold demon
soul suck 6X3 cold ranged drain
tail 12X1 pierce melee slow counter:
[description: "Counter:
When used defensively, this attack always has at least a 60% chance to hit."
special note :
" Whenever this unit attacks with its counter attack defensively, it will always have at least 60% chance to hit."]
“Other cold demons can project icy fire. Soulsuckers are more terrifying: they directly drain the life or their victim.
In addition they have a good melee defense. So their tail violently strike and surprise the opponent. More, the shock stun it.”
note : for the animation of the drain ranged attack, the missile go from opponent to soulsuker (ditto lvl2 and lvl3).

Souldevourer
lvl2 hp52 mvt5 exp100
soul suck 9X4 cold ranged drain + magic
tail 17X1 pierce melee slow counter
“Soul devourer directly drain the life or their victim. This ranged attacks is especially powerful. Any armor or agility can protect from this infernal curse.”

Soulcollector
lvl3 hp66 mvt5 exp200
slow not flying cold demon + feeding + deluminates:
["Deluminates:
This unit deluminates the surrounding area, making chaotic units fight better, and lawful units fight worse.

Any units adjacent to this unit will fight as if it were dawn when it is day, and as if it were night when it is dawn."
" This unit darkens the surrounding area, making chaotic units fight better, and lawful units fight worse."]
soul suck 12X4 cold ranged drain magic
tail 25X1 pierce melee slow counter
“Soulcollector feed on victim's life that they drain coldly. Gloom literally emanates from it. This dreadful demon especially frighten the lawful units, when it stifles them in its darkness.”

Steadfast Demon
lvl2 hp60 mvt4 (-1) exp100
+ steadfast + 15% resistance blade pierce impact
soul suck 11X3 cold ranged drain + slow
tail 18X1 pierce melee slow counter
“This resilient demon specialize in defense. Its ranged as melee attacks can stun the victim.”

Unshakable Demon
lvl3 hp80 mvt4 exp200
steadfast + 30% (in all) resistance blade pierce impact
soul suck 16X3 cold ranged drain slow
tail 27X1 pierce melee slow counter
“This resilient demon is really unshakable. In addition of the demons resistance of fire and cold, it endures physical hits. It only can't stand arcane attacks.”

Doubletail Demon
lv2 hp58 mvt5 exp100
More offensive that soulsuker
soul suck 8X3 cold ranged drain
tail 13X2(+1) pierce melee counter + poison (- slow)
“With its double tail, this demon poisons its victim.”

Sly Demon
lvl1 hp33 mvt6 exp40
fast not flying cold demon skirmisher (melee fighter but can be used as scout, notably when weak because of its melee attack with swarm)
claws 7X3 blade melee
icy fire 4X3 cold ranged
“Those demons are sly fighters who thread back opponents during battles.”

Mantis Demon
lvl2 hp50 mvt6 exp67
skirmisher
claws 7X6 blade melee + marksman + swarm
icy fire 5X4 cold ranged
“Mantis are marksman fighters who develop great claws.”

Infernal Mantis
lvl3 hp70 mvt6 exp140
skirmisher
claws 7X9 blade melee marksman swarm
icy fire 7X4 cold ranged
“Experiment mantis are particularly dangerous when they fall on they adversary.”

Deceitful Demon
lvl2 hp44 mvt6 exp67
skirmisher
claws 11X3 blade melee
+: drain 25X1 cold melee backstab drain marksman
icy fire 6X3 cold ranged
“Those demons are especially deceitful. They notably attack in the back to drain the life of their victim. This sly attack can kill with one hit.”

Necrophage Demon
lvl3 hp57 mvt6 exp140
fast not flying cold demon skirmisher
claws 15X3 blade melee
drain 37X1 cold melee backstab drain marksman
icy fire 8X3 cold ranged
“This demons are especially deceitful. They notably attack in the back to drain the life of their victim. This sly attack can kill with one hit.”
Same that lvl2. I don't found what say more.

Shadow Demon
lvl1 hp30 mvt8 exp33
flying cold demon usage=scout
claws 6X2 blade melee
icy fire 4X3 cold ranged
“Shadow demon are particularly fast. There are the typical scout demons. See one of they is sign of a probably incoming of an demon army.”

Spectre
lvl2 hp45 mvt9 (+1) exp67
claws 10X2 blade melee
icy fire 7X3 cold ranged
“Spectre are still more fast than shadow demons, well-off onto water as on plate terrain.”

Nightrider
lvl3 hp60 mvt10 (+1) exp140
claws 12X2 blade melee
icy fire 9X3 cold ranged
“Night riders are very fast flying creatures, well-off in cave as on plate terrain.”

Icy Hunter
lvl1 hp33 mvt5 exp50
flying cold demon with leardership
icy sword 6X3 cold melee
icy fire 6X3 cold ranged
“Icy as fire hunters are the magical caste of demons. They use a sword, but only as support for their (icy) fire.

Icy hunters are less resilient than fire hunters, but they move with more ability and have more defense en villages.”

Icy Slayer
lvl2 hp49 mvt5 exp83
leardership
icy sword 8X4 cold melee + magic
icy fire 8X4 cold ranged + magic
“Icy as fire slayers are more powerful than hunters. All their attacks are precise. They can evolve to bungler in their way or chose the arcane way and become a dreadful judge.

Icy slayers are less resilient than fire slayers, but they move with more ability and have more defense en villages.”

Icy Bungler
lvl3 hp65 mvt5 exp200
leardership
icy sword 10X4 cold melee magic + drain
icy fire 10X4 cold ranged magic
“Icy bungler improve one's icy way and can drain its enemy in melee attack.”

Fire Hunter
lvl1 hp44 mvt5 exp50
flying fire demon leardership
fire sword 10X2 fire melee
fireball 6X3 fire ranged
“Icy as fire hunters are the magical caste of demons. They use a sword, but only as support for their (icy) fire.

Fire hunters are more resilient than icy hunters, but they move with less ability and have less defense in villages.”

Fire Slayer
lvl2 hp66 mvt5 exp83
leardership
fire sword 12X3 fire melee + magic
fireball 8X4 fire ranged + magic
“Icy as fire slayers are more powerful than hunters. All their attacks are precise. They can evolve to bungler in their way or chose the arcane way and become a dreadful judge.

Fire slayers are more resilient than icy slayers, but they move with less ability and have less defense in villages.”

Fire Bungler
lvl3 hp88 mvt5 exp200
leardership + regenerates
fire sword 15X3 fire melee magic
fireball 10X4 fire ranged magic
“Fire bungler improve one's fire way and can regenerate itself.”

Dreadful Judge
lvl3 hp77 mvt5 exp150
flying demon leardership level 4
resistance: fire and cold 50%, arcane 0 (other demons -50)
movement and defense middle than fire flying demon and cold flying demon
light sword 10X4 arcane melee magic
lightball 10X4 arcane ranged magic
“Other demons dread the 'judge'. So its arcane attack deals tremendous damage to its race. Only itself is more resistant about arcane attack.
Its why its leadership is this of a level 4 commander. And this one of hunters and slayers provides from the fear in judge. Slayer's attacks don't deal several damage to demons. But a slayer demon can become dreadful judge.”

Exterminator Demon
lvl4 hp96 mvt5 exp300
flying demon leardership regenerates
movement and defense middle than fire flying demon and cold flying demon
resistance: fire and cold 100%, arcane -100%
fire sword 18X3 fire melee magic
icy sword 12X4 fire melee magic drain
fireball 12X4 fire ranged magic
icy fire 12X4 fire ranged magic
“Legendary exterminator demon allies the icy and fire ways. It resists fire and cold, but dreads arcane attacks, still more than bungler demons.”

Archidemon
lvl5 hp115 mvt5 exp170
leardership regenerates + teleport resistance arcane -200%
fire sword 21X3 fire melee magic
icy sword 14X4 fire melee magic drain
fireball 14X4 fire ranged magic
icy fire 14X4 fire ranged magic
“Archidemon is probably a fabled unreal creature. It would be an ancient and dreadful demon who mysteriously appears and disappears. But luckily is only a legend... Or maybe...? ”

Burn Demon
lvl1 hp37 mvt6 exp40
fire flying demon (usage=“archer” but can be used as scout, notably when weak because of its ranged attack with swarm)
alignment=lawful ability solar
["Solar :
This unit will regenerate 6 hp the day."
" This unit will regenerate 6 hp the day."]
claws 5X2 blade melee
fire breath 5X5 fire ranged swarm
“Only one lawfull unit of this race, burn demon devastate and kill with its powerful fire breath. It can be scout, but it enjoys destruction by flames.”

Fire Demon
lvl2 hp55 mvt7 exp67
solar
claws 8X2 blade melee
fire breath 5X8 fire ranged swarm
“In addition of its fighting ability, fire demon enjoys set houses farmings and forests in fire.”

Infernal Demon
lvl3 hp73 mvt7 exp140
solar
claws 7X3 blade melee
fire breath 6X9 fire ranged swarm
“Infernal demon want anything else burn all in its way. It would like to can set waters on fire.”

Horned Demon
lvl1 hp44 mvt4 exp60
typical fire flying demon (slow, strong) resistance: impact +30, blade +15, pierce -15 ability terror:
["Terror:
This unit can frighten enemy units that are next to it, making them fight worse.

Adjacent enemy units of lower level will do less damage in battle. When an enemy unit of the same or lower level is adjacent and engages in combat, its attacks do 15% less damage times the difference in their levels + 15%."
" This unit can frighten enemy units that are next to it, making them fight worse."]
claws 7X3 blade melee plague (type semi demon) and rage:
["Rage:
Whether used offensively or defensively, this attack presses the engagement for twice the usual length of combat."
" Whenever its rage attack is used, this unit will push the attack for several rounds longer than normal."]
horns 17X1 impact melee charge
fire breath 5X2 fire ranged
“Horned demon is an very aggressive and dreadful creature. Many run away when seeing it.”

Great Horned
lvl2 hp66 mvt4 exp100
claws 12X3 blade melee plague rage
horns 31X1 impact melee charge
fire breath 6X4 fire ranged + plague
“Experiment horned demons are still more dreadful and efficient to convert their victims to demons.”

Great Fortified Demon
lvl3 hp88 mvt4 exp200
+ 15 resistance = impact +45, blade +30, pierce 0 terror
claws 16X3 blade melee plague rage
horns 40X1 impact melee charge
fire breath 8X4 fire ranged + plague
“This demon develop a shell. It is still more resilient than other horned demons.”

Soldier Demon
lvl1 hp40 mvt5 exp40
not flying fire demon armored
battle axe 7X3 blade melee
mace 11X2 impact melee
“Soldier is the only one demon who fights with armor and weapons. Its a fire demon but it doesn't breath fire. It haven't any ranged attack. It doesn't fly. So it specialize in arm's manual and melee fight.”

Warrior Demon
lvl2 hp60 mvt5 exp67
battle axe 13X3 blade melee
mace 20X2 impact melee
“Soldier is the only one demon who fights with armor and weapons. Its a fire demon but it doesn't breath fire. It haven't any ranged attack. It doesn't fly. So it specialize in arm's manual and melee fight.”
Same that lvl1. I don't found what say more.

Crack Warrior Demon
lvl3 hp80 mvt5 exp140
battle axe 19X3 blade melee
mace 29X2 impact melee
Same that lvl1 and lvl2. I don't found what say more.

And for campaign:
the first hero, Klow:
Young Demon
lvl0 hp19 mvt5 exp30
small demon as a semi demon with plague and leadership
claws 4X3 blade melee plague (type semi demon)
"Klow is a young demon who especially have a gift for lead and convert."

Intrepid Demon
lvl1 hp33 mvt5 exp50
movement type as dreadful judge with plague and leadership
sword 6X3 blade melee plague
+ lightball 6X3 arcane ranged
"Klow is now a mixed fighter with an arcane ranged attack."

Hero Demon
lvl2 hp49 mvt5 exp83
Klow evolve as fire or icy hunters then slayers then bungler (mixed fighters with leadership), but in a arcane version with plague
As slayers (lvl2) “hero” add magic at its ranged and melee attacks
sword 8X4 blade melee plague + magic
lightball 8X4 arcane ranged + magic
"Klow is now a hero demon with magical attacks."

Great Hero Demon
lvl3 hp77 mvt5 exp200
As fire or icy bungler, Klow can evolve to exterminator demon
sword 10X4 blade melee plague + magic
lightball 10X4 arcane ranged + magic
"Klow is now a hero demon with magical attacks."
Same that lvl2, but I don't found what say more.

I will add two units.
A companion of Klow, from level 0 to 3 (on the basis of a necrophage demon. I have not the text now.).
I also add a "warlord". Level 3 evolved from the warrior. Especially for the campaign. In fact, the warrior can not evolve into warlord. But the warlord may be available as a leader in the age 2 (= age of heroes + my factions, therefore level 3 leaders).
francophone

Re: Era of Invasions (demons, celests...)

Post by francophone »

francophone

Post by francophone »

As the faction of demons is well advanced, I zipped file of the era to its current state (after rounding xcf files).
I let the pieces of the next faction, not to change everything. Unnecessary tested, it was not ready. There are even some odd effects that I use to test for special abilities. So better to wait to see the celestial.

So I invite you to test the faction of demons. Code level, everything must be done. I hope it's balanced. The demons are all large units, but expensive. I recommend testing including cave with lava (the demons of flying fire, regenerates over the lava).
All units have their picture (no animation). Some missile animation by cons. Missing some attack icons . Portraits are provided.
Text is missing too. But there is one race, and the largest units.
To access the warlord, you must go age 2, and put it as leader (it is the first of the list).
I await your comments and opinions with impatient.

The zipped file is too big to put on the forum.
How do I do??
francophone

Post by francophone »

I tried to load the extension but: I have a window "server connection error ".

Is this a connection problem or a problem of code in my extension?
francophone

Post by francophone »

I continue this thread to introduce another faction that I called the celests.
They have similarities and contrasts with the demons.

description= _ "Celests are winged people half human half spirit.
There are traditional demon's enemies. Their traits are generally opposed to demon's traits, especially their resistances. Notably they don't be affect by arcane attacks. So arcane energy is their life essence and give them strength and velocity. With this great mana, they become easily powerful mages. They are also light, fast and dextrous.
They make very light armor with their self feathers that they crystallize. This armor protect them about physical attacks without slow them."

[resistance]
blade=70
pierce=70
impact=70
fire=100
cold=130
arcane=0
[/resistance]

Exept for ice fighter: impact=100, fire=130, cold=50

They all fly.
Mages (wind adepts...) and healers have a magic shield which gives them a best defense in open field.
orga2.png
S1 Celest archer:
In most factions, one that uses a projectile weapon is the best ranged fighter. But the celests easily develop powerful ranged magic. The celest archers wear a arc because they use much of their magic in their flight. So the archers are the scouts of the celest host.
usage=scout HP17 V(velocity / speed)8
bow R(ranged) P(pierce) 5X4 (damageXnumber)
arrow M P 4X2

SF2 Fire Archer:
HP25
fire arrow R F 8X4
bow 6X5
arrow 5X3

SF3 Fire Marksman:
HP33
f a 12X4
b 8X5
a 7X3

A1 Wind Adept:
usage=archer HP20 V6
shock wave R Impact 7X2 +wave(=100% chance of hit because of its extend)
sceptre M Im 6X1

AP2 Dawn Star:
HP28
shock wave 12X2
Sceptre 8X1
wind needles R P 16X2 +wave +concentration(= X0,5 on defense)
Or more damage +proportionate (= damage % than HP)

AP2 Dusk Flower:
Same than Dawn Star but less pierce attack and with a blade attack:
wind blades R B 16X2 +wave +concentration(= X0,5 on defense)

A3 Wind Master:
HP37
shock wave 16X2
Sceptre 11X1
wind needles / wind blades 22/2

AS2 Blower:
usage=scout HP26 V7
tornado R Im 9X2 +wave +slow
sceptre M Im 6X2

M1 Celest Polearmer
usage=mixed fighter HP18 V6
lightning R F 11X2 +magical +concentration
polearm M P 6X3 +firststrike

M2 Thunderer
HP27
l 21X2
p 6X4

M3 Thundermaster
HP36
l 31X2
P 8X4

MS2 Speeder
(mixed fighter or scout ?) HP23 V7 (+1)
p 7X4
projection R P 9X3 +firststrike

MS3 Lancer
HP30
pol 8X5
pro 13X3

MH2 Celest Holy Initiate
HP30
holy lightning R A 19X2 +magical +concentration
pol M P 8X4 +firststrike
projection R P 8X3

I1 Ice Fighter
usage=mixed fighter HP22 V5
chill wave R Cold 6X3 +magical
ice hammer M C 7X2
hammer M I 6X2

I2 Ice Hero
HP33
c w 8X4
i h 10X3
h 9X3

I2 Ice champion
HP44
c w 10X5
i h 11X4
h 10X4

F1 Celest Fighter
usage=fighter (relatively to a celest, so powerfull on ranged for a normal melee fighter)
HP21 V5
scythe M B 7X3
projection R B 6X2

FM2 (Celest) Twin Blades
HP30
saber 9X4
p 6X3

FM3 Celest Slasher
HP40
s 11X5
p 6X4

FR2 Celest Warrior
HP33
scythe 11X3 +firststrike
P 7X3

FR3 Celest Warden
S 16X3 +firststrike
p 7X4 +firststrike

H1 Bearer of holy fire
usage=healer HP24 V5
heals +6 slow poison
holy lightning R A 17X1 +magical
holy touch M A 13X1 +magical

H2 Keeper of holy fire
HP36 h+12 slow
h l 25X1
h t 19X1

H2 Guardian of holy fire
HPA8 h+18 slow
h l 33X1
h t 25X1
francophone

Post by francophone »

I propose my era in zip so we can test. In fact, there are three age, by level of recruitable units. Each age includes the default factions of the corresponding level.
I have two factions (= races) currently. Others are planned: first, a faction consists of hybrids of the two races. I hope to achieve soon. It requires no new wml codes.
The two current factions are not finalized in graphics: missing some attack icons, the warlord demon and all celests must be re-colorized, all the hunter type demons and evolutions (9 units and 5 levels) must be completely redesigned.

Good game, and I welcome your comments
Attachments
Era_of_Invasions.zip
(4.45 MiB) Downloaded 378 times
francophone

Post by francophone »

No feedback? :o
william150

Post by william150 »

If you want a feedback could release the era in the server
francophone

Post by francophone »

Put on the server !
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Okay, here is some feedback:

The celestials are female only? Or the male forms are not painted yet?

Why the demons have no claws on their feet?

If all the celestials are armoured, some of them heavily, why are they all but one barefoot? They could have those legs quickly chopped off (wondering why do they even have them, when thinking about the Darwin theory). Moreover, if I was a celestial like those, with no reason to walk, I'd use my legs to kick in combat, and then a heavy boot with a lot of spikes would be an ideal footwear. Adding kicks with a knockback effect to their attack list would be nice (knockback effect is in the UsefulWMLfragments within the wiki), how about it?

I'd like to suggest you to use the demon names from IftU, they should be named, they are not mindless like undead.

The celestials might have a high-level unit capable to purify units, making them lawful, and fight on their side (a very low-damage plague-like attack; it's quite hard to code, PM me if you'd need help).

Sorry, some of this probably belongs to your art thread, but I don't want to spam.
francophone

Post by francophone »

The celestials are female only? Or the male forms are not painted yet?
The celests are bisexed. I should mention it in the description of the race.
Why the demons have no claws on their feet?
They have, but small and not terrify weapons.

About legs :
The celests are like birds. They don't fly soon birth. But healthy adults can stay in the air for long. However, their legs are folded so rather. But they also arise. Presumably in their ordinary life they spend more time on their legs that in the air.
In combat, their legs are like their wings. They are not highlighted. Would protect them more discomfort than anything else. The celests are also magical fighters more powerful at a distance that on melee (on average). As they are beings of energy, just as an intermediary between human and ghost, they prefer to use weapons on melee, rather than their fists or feet. They have a low mass and their armor is light and flexible. Kick would not be very effective, unless they add a weapon. It would be possible, but the unit must learn to kick without unbalancing.
I'd like to suggest you to use the demon names from IftU, they should be named, they are not mindless like undead.
Ok thank you
The celestials might have a high-level unit capable to purify units, making them lawful, and fight on their side (a very low-damage plague-like attack; it's quite hard to code, PM me if you'd need help).
You suggested to me a kind of conversion in the opposite direction from that of demons?
I think it would work well in celestials of Era of Myths (opposed to conversion of vampires).
I wanted to give a false look angelic and sacred in my celests. But it is a false look (a game with duality angels vs demons). This is a warrior people, who have no sacred mission or faith.

P.S.: I soon finished re-colori celests. then I will correct the add-ons.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

francophone wrote: The celests are bisexed. I should mention it in the description of the race.
What do you mean? The word bisexed means that they are attracted both by men and women, and that is surely not what you wanted to tell. You meant they are hermaphrodites? Or that the males are not painted yet?
francophone wrote: They have, but small and not terrify weapons.
Even of they are small, they should be visible in that scale. Their feet look like frogs' feet.
francophone wrote:In combat, their legs are like their wings. They are not highlighted.
Ah, well, they use them for balance, instead of tails the birds use. But what do you mean with highlighted?
francophone wrote:You suggested to me a kind of conversion in the opposite direction from that of demons?
Yes.
francophone wrote:I wanted to give a false look angelic and sacred in my celests. But it is a false look (a game with duality angels vs demons). This is a warrior people, who have no sacred mission or faith.
Not a bad idea. Angels not so evil than demons, but not giving a damn about good or evil, caring only about slaughtering the demons.
francophone

Post by francophone »

dugi wrote: What do you mean? The word bisexed means that they are attracted both by men and women, and that is surely not what you wanted to tell. You meant they are hermaphrodites? Or that the males are not painted yet?
Not bisexual but bisexed. So it's sexuation not attraction. But I will not use this word for the descroption of the race. Everyone understands hermaphrodite, although we usually think only simultaneous hermaphroditism. Anyway the celests are precisely simultaneous hermaphrodites.
The demons are sexless. I did not mention it directly, but I speak of their conversion capacity. I plan to talk in a campaign where you can not recruit (a dissident demon leader who invades another world has no unit to recruit). When the horde is a quiet, large units lay eggs and thus increase the number of semi demons in the next scenario.
dugi wrote:Even of they are small, they should be visible in that scale. Their feet look like frogs' feet.
They don't have long fingers on feet. And ther feets are more look like reptiles than mammals. So they can look like frog' feet. I don't think they are ridiculous, doesn't it ?
dugi wrote:Ah, well, they use them for balance, instead of tails the birds use. But what do you mean with highlighted?
They are not put forward and therefore less prone to hits. In flight, the unit can elevating the legs to avoid having them cut, unlike a land unit that is based on it.

I like your suggestions and your way of thinking, even if everything does not fit my vision of these factions.
Kicks would better suit the scout hybrid. Hybrids between celests and demons. Heavier than celests (and unless the demons). The unit specialized in flight, so the more acrobatic and outfielder, can use his feet to hit (without great damage).
taptap

Post by taptap »

Would you wish to play any default faction against your demons or celestials? Looking at the stats I definitely would not. If not, they are not balanced against default factions and shouldn't be used together with them, but this leaves you with only two factions to play against each other. It is different e.g. with Era of Four Moons they feature a lot of special units etc. but they are not as overpowered as your factions are (it has e.g. a ranged, draining, magical slower but it is so whimpy and until L3 without melee attack that it easily fells victim to a single dedicated melee unit, or it has a melee poison but in a unit that only has a 2-2 attack).

Just some: You combine berserk with plague in a berserker that does more damage than the mainline ulf already. Compare your fire demons with drakes - the drakes strength is limited by some obvious weaknesses (to cold, arcane and pierce) - your demons don't have these weaknesses but are easily as powerful as the drakes.
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Check a dictionary, and you'll see that bisexed=bisexual. But I understand what you meant now.

I don't think their feet look ridiculous, I just imagined demons' feet differently (massive claws or hooves, you need hooves to stand on hellishly hot rocks).