Era of 4 worlds, almost 4500 downloads + new portrait.

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Post Reply
User avatar
powershot
Posts: 1193
Joined: May 7th, 2011, 3:03 am
Location: Central America
Contact:

Re: New Faction

Post by powershot »

francophone wrote:I do not know the idea, the story of these factions. So perhaps it is justified, but why your Valkyrie fighter has HP + speed + attack + large resistance + average with chance to hit?
Is it necessary for the Valkyries have everything for them? Apparently they fly and will probably go on mountains and over water without slowing down.
Maybe they are slowed in caves and forests, and with a very bad defense on all terrains?
Even so, they may be expensive. (note I develop a faction which all Levels 1 cost 21).

"the slash attack is use because it's not melee or ranged therefore nobody can counter that attack. It's very useful."
The name and icon of attack suggest a melee attack. I plan an similar attack on another new project. It is a psychic attack (with the characteristic magical). But "slash blade ", I do not understand how can be the range for not being able to strike back against either melee or remotely.
Marksman and why? If it is a particular form of magic, the attack should be "magical". If it's like a sword, is the range should be melee. Finally, the answer may be in defining the range.

"pierce 100% blade 105% impact 110%"
A difference of 5% seems symbolic. It makes 1 for an attack by 20 damage (20 is enormous). In many cases, it will make no difference in the game. After, if it voluntarily symbolic ...
Even though they wings they can't fly, but they usually aren't hindered, and they don't have bad defense either. This is why these creatures are heavily superior.

-(P.S.) They use wings for wing slash-
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.

User avatar
francophone
Posts: 393
Joined: February 20th, 2010, 2:19 pm

Re: New Faction

Post by francophone »

If you want heavily superior creatures, why not increase one level ? Your fighter could be level 2. The champion will reach Level 4.

Can you explain what is the "slash attack" and its range (and why marksman) ?

User avatar
powershot
Posts: 1193
Joined: May 7th, 2011, 3:03 am
Location: Central America
Contact:

Re: New Faction

Post by powershot »

francophone wrote:If you want heavily superior creatures, why not increase one level ? Your fighter could be level 2. The champion will reach Level 4.

Can you explain what is the "slash attack" and its range (and why marksman) ?
The slash attack is moving forward with their wings, bending their backs, it hits the other person like a blade. It's marksman because most people can't dodge blades spininiing from anothers back. And no one else has a wing attack they they can't counter. But that is a good idea about making them a higher level, I will consider it. 8)
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.

User avatar
francophone
Posts: 393
Joined: February 20th, 2010, 2:19 pm

Re: New Faction

Post by francophone »

I do not understand everything.
Does it come in the back of the victim?

AlaskanAvenger
Posts: 156
Joined: February 23rd, 2011, 9:10 pm

Re: New Faction

Post by AlaskanAvenger »

powershot wrote: The slash attack is moving forward with their wings, bending their backs, it hits the other person like a blade. It's marksman because most people can't dodge blades spininiing from anothers back. And no one else has a wing attack they they can't counter. But that is a good idea about making them a higher level, I will consider it. 8)
This really doesn't make much sense that no one can counter this... just stab past the wings with a pike, chop off the wings with a sword.. shoot it with a bow before it gets close to you.. etc etc.. also no one else has a thunderstick besides the thunderer so does that mean no one else can counter that?
perhaps you should give it a special like "buffet" which lowers the units terrain defense or something like that

User avatar
powershot
Posts: 1193
Joined: May 7th, 2011, 3:03 am
Location: Central America
Contact:

Re: New Faction

Post by powershot »

AlaskanAvenger wrote:
powershot wrote: The slash attack is moving forward with their wings, bending their backs, it hits the other person like a blade. It's marksman because most people can't dodge blades spininiing from anothers back. And no one else has a wing attack they they can't counter. But that is a good idea about making them a higher level, I will consider it. 8)
This really doesn't make much sense that no one can counter this... just stab past the wings with a pike, chop off the wings with a sword.. shoot it with a bow before it gets close to you.. etc etc.. also no one else has a thunderstick besides the thunderer so does that mean no one else can counter that?
perhaps you should give it a special like "buffet" which lowers the units terrain defense or something like that
Cool I idea, but how do you make the buffet ability?
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.

AlaskanAvenger
Posts: 156
Joined: February 23rd, 2011, 9:10 pm

Re: New Faction

Post by AlaskanAvenger »

I have no idea, but Valensk created a similar ability called "hex" for the medicine man branch of the highlanders in his "era of four moons" so you could look at that to get an idea.

User avatar
Reepurr
Posts: 1088
Joined: August 29th, 2010, 5:38 pm

Re: New Faction

Post by Reepurr »

powershot wrote:Cool I idea, but how do you make the buffet ability?
All you need to do is a simple modification. Pop this in {a unit}'s .cfg file:

Code: Select all

[event]
    name=attacker hits
    first_time_only=no
    [filter]
        type={insert the unit type of the buffeter}
    [/filter]
    [modify_unit]
    [filter]
        x,y=$x2,$y2
    [/filter]
    [modifications]
        [effect]
            [filter]
                x,y=$x2,$y2
            [/filter]
            apply_to=defense
            replace=false
            [defense]
        deep_water=-10
        shallow_water=-10
        swamp_water=-10
        flat=-10
        sand=-10
        forest=-10
        hills=-10
        mountains=-10
        village=-10
        castle=-10
        cave=-10
        frozen=-10
        impassable=-10
        fungus=-10
            [/defense]
        [/effect]
    [/modifications]
    [/modify_unit]
[/event]
    
Now, [modify_unit] does, as far as I know, accept [effect]s, but the wiki doesn't mention that, so this may not work. Also, given that the unit loses 10 defence just for each hit, I suggest you reduce it to 1 or something.
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!

User avatar
IPS
Posts: 914
Joined: December 6th, 2009, 6:36 pm
Location: Venezuela

Re: New Faction

Post by IPS »

Your first post is good. I congratulate you :)

but you are showing only the stats of a unit tree only, try showing us more stats :)
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server.
Try My winning Orocia Guide

User avatar
powershot
Posts: 1193
Joined: May 7th, 2011, 3:03 am
Location: Central America
Contact:

Re: New Faction

Post by powershot »

Reepurr wrote:
powershot wrote:Cool I idea, but how do you make the buffet ability?
All you need to do is a simple modification. Pop this in {a unit}'s .cfg file:

Code: Select all

[event]
    name=attacker hits
    first_time_only=no
    [filter]
        type={insert the unit type of the buffeter}
    [/filter]
    [modify_unit]
    [filter]
        x,y=$x2,$y2
    [/filter]
    [modifications]
        [effect]
            [filter]
                x,y=$x2,$y2
            [/filter]
            apply_to=defense
            replace=false
            [defense]
        deep_water=-10
        shallow_water=-10
        swamp_water=-10
        flat=-10
        sand=-10
        forest=-10
        hills=-10
        mountains=-10
        village=-10
        castle=-10
        cave=-10
        frozen=-10
        impassable=-10
        fungus=-10
            [/defense]
        [/effect]
    [/modifications]
    [/modify_unit]
[/event]
    
Now, [modify_unit] does, as far as I know, accept [effect]s, but the wiki doesn't mention that, so this may not work. Also, given that the unit loses 10 defence just for each hit, I suggest you reduce it to 1 or something.
You should probably test it. I tried it and it doesn't seem to work. I'm using 1.9.5. Beside what do you mean by unit type of buffeter.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.

User avatar
powershot
Posts: 1193
Joined: May 7th, 2011, 3:03 am
Location: Central America
Contact:

Re: New Faction

Post by powershot »

I think the problem is in the unit buffet type, please specify that. Also I I can put almost any value and it still won't work. Please help :| .
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.

User avatar
Dixie
Posts: 1757
Joined: February 10th, 2010, 1:06 am
Location: $x1,$y1

Re: New Faction

Post by Dixie »

Are you sure you want that special? it's pretty OP: it lowers a unit's defense by 10% (for each hit?!) for the remainder of the game! Wouldn't you prefer a marksman-like attack that just adds 10% chance to hit or something? Seems much more reasonnable...

By the way, I think you unit is vastly over-powered. It feels like someone's wish to have a uber undefeatable unit. For it to work, it should need to be a recruitable level 3 that costs around 30-40 gold... And even then, it's pretty powerful for a lv3...

Anyway, do as you wish :)
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth

User avatar
powershot
Posts: 1193
Joined: May 7th, 2011, 3:03 am
Location: Central America
Contact:

Re: New Faction

Post by powershot »

Dixie wrote:Are you sure you want that special? it's pretty OP: it lowers a unit's defense by 10% (for each hit?!) for the remainder of the game! Wouldn't you prefer a marksman-like attack that just adds 10% chance to hit or something? Seems much more reasonnable...

By the way, I think you unit is vastly over-powered. It feels like someone's wish to have a uber undefeatable unit. For it to work, it should need to be a recruitable level 3 that costs around 30-40 gold... And even then, it's pretty powerful for a lv3...

Anyway, do as you wish :)
Please stay focused. I need help with the ability. Please :wink:
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.

User avatar
Reepurr
Posts: 1088
Joined: August 29th, 2010, 5:38 pm

Re: New Faction

Post by Reepurr »

powershot wrote:I think the problem is in the unit buffet type, please specify that. Also I I can put almost any value and it still won't work. Please help :| .
This is designed to be put in the [unit_type] tag, but not in anything inside the [unit_type] tag. Just checking you did that.

The type of the buffeter is, quite simply, the value of what you've put in for the type=of that unit.
e.g. type=Spearman
type=Drake Clasher

that sort of thing.
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!

User avatar
powershot
Posts: 1193
Joined: May 7th, 2011, 3:03 am
Location: Central America
Contact:

Re: New Faction

Post by powershot »

Reepurr wrote:
powershot wrote:I think the problem is in the unit buffet type, please specify that. Also I I can put almost any value and it still won't work. Please help :| .
This is designed to be put in the [unit_type] tag, but not in anything inside the [unit_type] tag. Just checking you did that.

The type of the buffeter is, quite simply, the value of what you've put in for the type=of that unit.
e.g. type=Spearman
type=Drake Clasher

that sort of thing.
What do you mean, is it the name,id. Please tell me, I tried a lot of things and the codes not working. :x
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.

Post Reply