Era of 4 worlds, almost 4500 downloads + new portrait.

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Re: Era of 3-7 worlds... Coming soon:Art

Post by Zerovirus »

The purpose of being banned from a specific subforum is so that you can't post there anymore. That does not give you the right to post things you -would- have posted there in another subforum. You should think about posting faction-design related information to accompany your units before you get this topic locked too.
powershot

Post by powershot »

Well, I was actually thinking that I could give the shape shifters the ability to turn into nagas and mermen, depending on the kind of Shape shifter you are.

Does it sound balanced?

Edit:This thread will now be only for faction development, I'll post art on my other threads when I can. :)
Last edited by powershot on July 8th, 2011, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

Start posting numbers and hard crunch data, not general ideas. We can't tell if something's balanced or not with such a vague description. Build a faction overview, a unit tree, and design unit stats.
powershot

Post by powershot »

I was going to finish the art first.

You can look on my other art thread for the pics of the Shapeshifters.

Shapeshifters:

mage Shifter > Naga shifter > Death shifter

shifting Fighter > shifting warrior > Armored shifter/Shifter Elite/Wicked Shifter

fire archer > ? > ?

Edit: Fire archer > Cinder shot > Flame-eye
Critic???
Critic???
longbowman-bow.png (2.82 KiB) Viewed 3143 times
This is cool right?
This is cool right?
masterbowman.png (3.7 KiB) Viewed 3142 times
Women warriors:

Female fighter > Female fighter > Female Champion

Gunners and thieves:

Shooter > ? > ?

Edit: Gunman, Shooter, Master Gunner, Expert gunner

? > Heavy Doger > ?
Last edited by powershot on August 6th, 2011, 11:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Colouredbox

Post by Colouredbox »

powershot wrote:Well, I was actually thinking that I could give the shape shifters the ability to turn into nagas and mermen, depending on the kind of Shape shifter you are.

Does it sound balanced?
Well this sounds pretty overpowered if the faction in general isn't weak.
powershot wrote:fire archer > ? > ?
Flameshot, blaizer, blaizier, blazeshot, blaizingshot, burningshot, flamearrow, moltenshot, burner, flame-eye, just random name suggestions
Waiting for cheesedwarfs to be added to ageless.
powershot

Post by powershot »

Ok, they won't shift, but there attack anim will have another creatures anim.

Thanks for the names.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Shinobody

Post by Shinobody »

I wonder if you have considered "terrain shifting".
The point is, that unit has passive shapechanging ability, which, at beginning of each turn changes it into different variation according to terrain it stands; the best example is possibly Unstable Elemental from Nightmares of Meloen faction; then, e.g your shapeshifters could turn into "naga" form when starting in water, etc. It has good side, that it was already used, so it would be easier to copy and adjust existing solutions rather than inventing new ones.
Alternatively, you could just offer very different levelups for shapeshifters (being, well, different shapes), which has good side of being extremely easy to make. So, shifter may choose "water branch", in which they levelup as water units, soldier branch, where they have armors etc.
Or, third option, use levelup for simulating shapeshifting, but in different way; I'll use example.
"Shapeshifter", lev1. xp=6
levels into: "Water Form", "Fire Form", "Learning Shifter".
"Water Form" is lev1, has different attacks and resistances than Shapeshifter, needs also 6 xp to levelup, and levels into "Shapeshifter", "Fire Form" or "Learning Shifter";
The same with "Fire Form";
While "Learning Shifter" is lev1 unit, has the same stats as regular "Shapeshifter", but requires 30 xp to levelup into lev2 "Veteran Shifter"; So, you can switch forms on battlefield as long as you need, but to get lev2 unit, you need to choose "learning" advancement and stop shifting.
Artist, writer, game designer for hire.
Art portfolio: https://shino1.artstation.com
Writing dump: https://shino1portfolio.wordpress.com/
My itchio for video games and TTRPG stuff: https://shino1.itch.io/
powershot

Post by powershot »

Shinobody wrote:I wonder if you have considered "terrain shifting".
The point is, that unit has passive shapechanging ability, which, at beginning of each turn changes it into different variation according to terrain it stands; the best example is possibly Unstable Elemental from Nightmares of Meloen faction; then, e.g your shapeshifters could turn into "naga" form when starting in water, etc. It has good side, that it was already used, so it would be easier to copy and adjust existing solutions rather than inventing new ones.
Alternatively, you could just offer very different levelups for shapeshifters (being, well, different shapes), which has good side of being extremely easy to make. So, shifter may choose "water branch", in which they levelup as water units, soldier branch, where they have armors etc.
Or, third option, use levelup for simulating shapeshifting, but in different way; I'll use example.
"Shapeshifter", lev1. xp=6
levels into: "Water Form", "Fire Form", "Learning Shifter".
"Water Form" is lev1, has different attacks and resistances than Shapeshifter, needs also 6 xp to levelup, and levels into "Shapeshifter", "Fire Form" or "Learning Shifter";
The same with "Fire Form";
While "Learning Shifter" is lev1 unit, has the same stats as regular "Shapeshifter", but requires 30 xp to levelup into lev2 "Veteran Shifter"; So, you can switch forms on battlefield as long as you need, but to get lev2 unit, you need to choose "learning" advancement and stop shifting.
Suggestion 1:Already considered that. But what if I want to use a ranged attack in water?

Suggestion 2: Can you make some thing so it upgrades it different things based on the XP it has?
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Shinobody

Post by Shinobody »

@ suggestion 1: Could you elaborate? Different variations would be designed by you, unit doesn't change in other units; Obviously, you could make some water form which would posses some ranged attack. I suggest playing NoM to get the concept better;
@ suggestion 2: AFAIK, not without use plenty of WML. That's why Option 3 is so complicated (where you have some Units, that after gaining small amount of XP advance into:
-one another (So, Form A can "level up" into forms B and C, when Form B can "level up" into forms A and C)
-and separate, "learning form", which can't change into different forms, but can properly level up into lev2 unit;
So, after unit A gets its only 8 xp, it can choose to advance to:
-other forms, all of which have level 1 and stats different, but balanced (then unit would require again only 8 xp to morph again)
-or, into "learning form" which requires normal XP to levelup, but advances into lev 2 unit.
powershot

Post by powershot »

Well, I had an Idea about a command option, that is the best idea I think.

"NoM"???
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

NoM = Nightmares of Meloen.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
powershot

Post by powershot »

shadowmaster wrote:NoM = Nightmares of Meloen.
Thanks for clarification. :)
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
powershot

Re: With new tech, it's Era of 4 worlds.

Post by powershot »

Here is a new world, tech's. OR Technofreaks.

Here is a example.

They are people who control technology.
Attachments
Copy (2) of assassin.png
Copy (2) of assassin.png (3.79 KiB) Viewed 3215 times
fencer2.png
fencer2.png (3.01 KiB) Viewed 3215 times
fencer.png
fencer.png (2.89 KiB) Viewed 3215 times
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Shinobody

Post by Shinobody »

Something more about them?
Like, if you could post simple description of a unit under each image?
Because, well, they don't seem too "techy" for me...
powershot

Post by powershot »

It's supposed to be done in the Halos. Picture 2 has a Cipher on his shirt.

The 1st one has a semi-automatic weapon on his arm.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.