Wesnoth Forum Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Maramros

Re: The Wesnoth Forum Faction

Post by Maramros »

I'm a fairly generic forum member; I've done a bit of coding, but nothing that ever actually made it to the add-ons page, I play and am interested in balance, etc, etc. That said, I'm pretty much on Wesbreak right now, so place me wherever it makes things easier.
Please remember, my opinion is my opinion. Please listen, but my opinion is only, and will never be more than, my opinion. It is not yours. You do not have to act on it. I'm not telling you what to do.
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

monochromatic wrote: I think I might have not been clear. It's not that I think that the units would be all the same, but rather it would kind of 'limit' of the number of unit choices for each faction. So for example artisticdude and Zerovirus would kind of have to be in the same faction, even if I or anyone thought Zerovirus for example might be the unit another faction needs. I don't know.
I admit I haven't taken into consideration what the sprites are/suggest for unit stats. Although units don't have stats, so as long as each faction has a unit that could be a credible scout, the others could probably be tweaked so that a faction balance/flavour be struck.

Anyway, do as you please, I just thought that a forum-theme would be nice for this faction/era. :)
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Dixie wrote:
monochromatic wrote: I think I might have not been clear. It's not that I think that the units would be all the same, but rather it would kind of 'limit' of the number of unit choices for each faction. So for example artisticdude and Zerovirus would kind of have to be in the same faction, even if I or anyone thought Zerovirus for example might be the unit another faction needs. I don't know.
I admit I haven't taken into consideration what the sprites are/suggest for unit stats. Although units don't have stats, so as long as each faction has a unit that could be a credible scout, the others could probably be tweaked so that a faction balance/flavour be struck.

Anyway, do as you please, I just thought that a forum-theme would be nice for this faction/era. :)
Well, we always could do multiple eras ;) I'm just debating which one we're going to use as the 'default'.
Golbeeze

Post by Golbeeze »

I did far more coding/creating than playing. It seems the coder faction is overloaded.
My_Own_Minion: get rid of the scientist, i can take the blind guy

Talkative: You're like the Wizard of Oz, but evil.

Add-ons in 1.8: Golbeeze's Maps, Golbeeze's RPGs, Evolving Era
Contributor to and Maintainer of Mercenaries
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Okay, I'm going to be waiting on artisticdude/Captain_Wrathbow's response for this. Meanwhile I'll start working out the AMLAs when I have spare time.
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

Well, I am most definitely a writer (that's the single helpful thing I do around here).
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
Araja

Post by Araja »

I guess I would be a Writer as well...Maybe.
I make some units and scenarios, but only for playing with my friend. Nothing on the add-on server at all...Then again, I only did a bit of work on Era of Magic to get me that Writing position.

No art skill at all and I don't play enough to be a regular...Hmm.
That's another possible issue: People with no obvious category.
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

Hi.

I'm alive.

It's been quite a while since I've posted on the forums, so I feel like I owe some sort of explanation/reintroduction. (although the latter isn't really the right word for what I'm trying to say.) Anyways, over the last few months I've been involved in a certain extracurricular activity that has swallowed up literally all of my free time, except on weekends. I've been waking up in the mornings, going to school, and afterward, going to this activity, and by the time I get home a few hours after dark, I'm too tired to do anything other than get something to eat and then go straight to bed. Needless to say, during the few hours of free time I have been getting on the weekends, checking/posting on Wesnoth forums hasn't been very high on my priorities.

However, that all ended about a week ago, and now I'm finding myself with several hours of time open each day, which, after the last couple months, seems almost too good to be true. So, I'm hoping to start becoming active on the Wesnoth forums again, and especially in this particular project. I'm still working on catching up on everything I've missed lately, (in TWFF and the forums in general) but the main things I've noticed (that pertain to TWFF) are:
- E_S has a new name.
- We're changing TWFF to use unique AMLAs for each unit, which sounds good to me.
- We're dividing up into multiple factions. (sounds good too.)
- Some people think we need an evil faction- I agree, and I volunteer to be in that one.
If I'm missing anything, someone please point it out to me.
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Captain_Wrathbow wrote:Hi.

I'm alive.
:!: :o :shock: :? :augh:
jk. Welcome back! Shoot now that he's back he'll find out my evil plans! (http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 67#p484567)
Captain_Wrathbow wrote:I'm still working on catching up on everything I've missed lately, (in TWFF and the forums in general) but the main things I've noticed (that pertain to TWFF) are:
- E_S has a new name.
- We're changing TWFF to use unique AMLAs for each unit, which sounds good to me.
- We're dividing up into multiple factions. (sounds good too.)
- Some people think we need an evil faction- I agree, and I volunteer to be in that one.
If I'm missing anything, someone please point it out to me.
Mainly, there are some quarrels discussions about how the factions should be divvied up. Here are the two most prominent: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 67#p484285 http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 67#p484565
Basically by fluff or forum role. Both have their pros and cons. And since you're one of the Trinity the three devs on TWFF your input (as well as artisticdude's) is very valuable.
As for the evil faction, that just seems a little cliche, no? But if we do we should be fighting trolls and spammers though. :hmm:
Oh and waiting for the go from you and artisticdude for the signups. I've gotten some antsy PMs lately.
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

If there's an evil faction which isn't Trolls\Spammers, I volunteer to be in it.
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
Araja

Post by Araja »

[lowcontentpost]
[fingerpoint]
Eeeeeeeeeviiiill!!
[/fingerpoint]
[/lowcontentpost]

On a more serious note, I'm surprised people volunteer to be in an "evil" side. I was expecting more of a "grey vs grey" or "conflict of interests" setup.
Still, someone needs to level the heroes up... :P
Maramros

Post by Maramros »

I volunteer to be in the 'evil' faction as well, if we end up having one, provided it isn't trolls and/or spammers. Basically, fit me wherever it makes things convenient, I don't care a whole lot.
Please remember, my opinion is my opinion. Please listen, but my opinion is only, and will never be more than, my opinion. It is not yours. You do not have to act on it. I'm not telling you what to do.
Araja

Post by Araja »

Looks like the evil faction is going to be saurian-heavy.
Moribund

Post by Moribund »

I definitely want to be in the evil faction if I'm allowed in this mod. I can even sprite a tiny bit. I custom made the breastplate of the guy in my avatar, for example.
tapik
Code Contributor

Post by tapik »

Another point of view: we could divide members of the forum faction into two parts:
  • * content providers - faction of good
    * only players - evil faction
:lol2:
If (I don't know) there are so few players in the WFF, we could raise some more ones :wink:
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs