Wesnoth Forum Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sapient
Inactive Developer

Re: The Wesnoth Forum Faction

Post by Sapient »

I tried it out and it was pretty fun. Although I cheated with debug mode so I could get a Sapient into play. Why not include the WML line on the leader list? Afterwards the stderr showed a lot of missing sounds. Also this which could explain the "image not found" and the weird overlay I was getting for zookeeper

Code: Select all

error display: could not open image 'misc/attack-indicator-dst-.png'
Reading the descriptions definitely provided some amusement, so thanks everyone who contributed. :lol2:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Sapient wrote:I tried it out and it was pretty fun. Although I cheated with debug mode so I could get a Sapient into play. Why not include the WML line on the leader list? Afterwards the stderr showed a lot of missing sounds. Also this which could explain the "image not found" and the weird overlay I was getting for zookeeper

error display: could not open image 'misc/attack-indicator-dst-.png'
Reading the descriptions definitely provided some amusement, so thanks everyone who contributed. :lol2:
I'm on it. True, they should be on the list, I guess. Just not random since they have very little hp.
TheBladeRoden

Post by TheBladeRoden »

yay it's released! Though I'm sad my animation sprites were not used :(
Founding Father of Columbia
tapik
Code Contributor

Post by tapik »

TheBladeRoden wrote:yay it's released! Though I'm sad my animation sprites were not used :(
Do not cry, plenty of work have not been done yet. Unit descriptions, translations, animations, portraits, sounds... I think the faction balancing has not been finalized yet. So I think your animations could be added later. Am I right, elvish_sovereign?

As Fangorn always says: "Don't be hasty." :)
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

Are you planning on adding any resistances/vulnerabilities to the faction? The WML wizards seem a bit out of place without anything they can totally rag on.
Projects: Ice Age Fun, Japhel's Journey (same link), Shameless Crossover Excuse (Maintainer), and Age of Dinosaurs!
Is cothabhálach an aistriúcháin Gaeilge mé.
EXTERMINATE!!!!
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

tapik wrote:
TheBladeRoden wrote:yay it's released! Though I'm sad my animation sprites were not used :(
Do not cry, plenty of work have not been done yet. Unit descriptions, translations, animations, portraits, sounds... I think the faction balancing has not been finalized yet. So I think your animations could be added later. Am I right, elvish_sovereign?

As Fangorn always says: "Don't be hasty." :)
Right on.
Mountain_King wrote:Are you planning on adding any resistances/vulnerabilities to the faction? The WML wizards seem a bit out of place without anything they can totally rag on.
By 'rag on', what do you mean?
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

tapik wrote:As Fangorn always says: "Don't be hasty." :)
Technically, it was Treebeard who said that (he lives in Fangorn Forest), but we won't quibble. :lol2:
elvish_sovereign wrote:By 'rag on', what do you mean?
I believe he means there aren't any unit lines that are highly vulnerable to the WML line. :hmm:
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Maramros

Post by Maramros »

artisticdude wrote:
tapik wrote:As Fangorn always says: "Don't be hasty." :)
Technically, it was Treebeard who said that (he lives in Fangorn Forest), but we won't quibble. :lol2:
Treebeard is Fangorn. Fangorn's his original name, the Forest was named after him. I think that somewhat ends any quibbling. :)
Please remember, my opinion is my opinion. Please listen, but my opinion is only, and will never be more than, my opinion. It is not yours. You do not have to act on it. I'm not telling you what to do.
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

:hmm: "rag on" might be the wrong term here. I'm thinking about how the mage lines always tend to have something that's at least somewhat weak to their attacks, like saurians with mainline fire mages. It doesn't even have to be a big weakness (-10%,-20%), but if you're going to have a new damage type it does make sense for some units to be weak to it and others to have a resistance to it.

and btw, isn't Treebeard's "other name" Fangorn?
EDIT: ninja'd by a lizard...durn.
Projects: Ice Age Fun, Japhel's Journey (same link), Shameless Crossover Excuse (Maintainer), and Age of Dinosaurs!
Is cothabhálach an aistriúcháin Gaeilge mé.
EXTERMINATE!!!!
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Maramros wrote:
artisticdude wrote:Technically, it was Treebeard who said that (he lives in Fangorn Forest), but we won't quibble. :lol2:
Treebeard is Fangorn. Fangorn's his original name, the Forest was named after him. I think that somewhat ends any quibbling. :)
Haha, okay, I surrender the point. :lol2: It's been too long since I read the books.

As soon as the UMC-Dev server is functioning again, I'll check out the latest version and test it on 1.8.
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
tapik
Code Contributor

Post by tapik »

Maramros wrote:
artisticdude wrote:Technically, it was Treebeard who said that (he lives in Fangorn Forest), but we won't quibble. :lol2:
To be right: Fangorn's original name has no transcription, because nobody have ever written anything in Entish (Would be 10 books enough for one sentence? :lol2: ). Fangorn, originally Fangaorne, is a name in Sindarin language (a language of "grey elven") and the Sindarin is the language used for non-Ainur (elven, dwarven and men) rases, such as ents, eagles etc., because Sindars (neither Valar nor Mayar) were the ones who have teached them to speak (there is no theory who have teached ogres).
Treebeard is the english translation of "generic language of the west of the Middleearth". For example czech translation of the language is "Stromovous".

Have a nice day :geek:
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Mountain_King wrote: :hmm: "rag on" might be the wrong term here. I'm thinking about how the mage lines always tend to have something that's at least somewhat weak to their attacks, like saurians with mainline fire mages. It doesn't even have to be a big weakness (-10%,-20%), but if you're going to have a new damage type it does make sense for some units to be weak to it and others to have a resistance to it.

and btw, isn't Treebeard's "other name" Fangorn?
EDIT: ninja'd by a lizard...durn.
Well, the point of the new damage type is to have no able to resist it or be weak to it! True maybe the WML line itself should be more resistant, but still the WML line is still subject to the powers of WML, for good or for evil :twisted:
tapik
Code Contributor

Post by tapik »

elvish_sovereign wrote:Well, the point of the new damage type is to have no able to resist it or be weak to it! True maybe the WML line itself should be more resistant, but still the WML line is still subject to the powers of WML, for good or for evil :twisted:
I think the only Forum Faction members should be somehow resistant against the WML attack. All other should not be able to resist! Cause they don't know anything about WML! :lol2:
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs
tapik
Code Contributor

Translations

Post by tapik »

The faction is not ready for l10n. Please add

translate=yes
to the .pbl file to let wescamp generate .pot and .po catalog files. Then it will be easier for me to check if the whole faction is translatable.
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs
monochromatic

Re: Translations

Post by monochromatic »

tapik wrote:The faction is not ready for l10n. Please add

translate=yes
to the .pbl file to let wescamp generate .pot and .po catalog files. Then it will be easier for me to check if the whole faction is translatable.
Will do in the next release.