Clang* Idea!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sleaver

Clang* Idea!

Post by Sleaver »

OK, i didnt knew where to post this, then if any moderator comes here, please move it to the right forum**.
I am posting this because a wan to know about two things, first, if anybody had this idea before*, and second, if you think this is a good idea.So, what about doing PC era?OK, i already started, I think i can do it, but first i wanna know if anybody already did it.
Ok my idea is to do various factions:Viruses, Browsers, Anti-Viruses(It could be like arcane strikes and undead, anti-viruses are effective against viruses),Utilities, Animations(stickmen,Animation programs, etc.), and human(yeah, human, peaple who use the computer), so, did you liked this idea?

*I though it was too obvious then i asked if anybody did it already obs:Sorry If i wrote something wrong, Brazilian **Please move this to the righ forum
Yeah, if you noticed something really against English lenguage, like " I is", thats because I am Brazilian, dont be scared, dont laugh at me,plz, thanks.
Christheturtle

Re: Clang* Idea!

Post by Christheturtle »

Well there is an Internet Era I believe, and there was at one point an era based on certain members of the community... But I don't think one has been created about virus based game play yet.
www.turtlenetworking.co.uk - 25% completed. Adding more servers. Looking for volunteers.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Sleaver wrote:Ok my idea is to do various factions
Faction & Era Development Forum
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Christheturtle

Post by Christheturtle »

Yes, it is in the wrong forum but regardless the thread is here now and will soon be moved. He was asking if it had been done before, I think.
www.turtlenetworking.co.uk - 25% completed. Adding more servers. Looking for volunteers.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Christheturtle wrote:and will soon be moved
What a coincidence. It's moved now, he he!
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Sleaver

More info about era

Post by Sleaver »

OK some more info about the era just to see if you like it more:

Browsers:Like, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Saffari

-Mostly neutral, some chaotic ( I think some Customized icons would be cool, made some black, then chaotic)
-Atacks mostly Spin (melee) and magic (like trowing the globe of firefox, sending return links, etc)
-Fight better at camps, bad at florests (like cavalry men)

Viruses:Like, i dunno, thinking at it (HELP ME AT THIS ehehehhe)
-Poison
-Same defense in all terrains
-Chaotic (i dunno, the first thing in my mind was chaotic, dunno why)

Anti-viruses:Like AVG, Norton, Avast, etc
-Heal, Scheduled Scan (slows down heheheh)
-Same defense in all terrains.
-Lawfull (same thing as viruses, first thing at my mind)

Utilities:Like AIM, MSN, Games, etc.
-Fist (AIM), Bash,shoot(games), various
-Depends at the unit
-Depends at the unit

Animations:Like sticks, Flash, Etc.
-Depends at the unit
-Fight beter in florests (dont ask me the reason)
-Chaotic (because sticks are usually black, and i think its better to animate at night)

Human:Like Hacker, addicted, etc..
-Fist, Other
-Better at plain territory
-Lawfull
Yeah, if you noticed something really against English lenguage, like " I is", thats because I am Brazilian, dont be scared, dont laugh at me,plz, thanks.
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

So what does Wesnoth classify under? Level 5 Utility Game?
Sleaver

Heheheh

Post by Sleaver »

Hey Zerovirus, i think 6
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

Just reminding: no copyrighted stuff (IE for example) or the mods will bust this era.
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
Zarel

Post by Zarel »

sur.nhm wrote:Just reminding: no copyrighted stuff (IE for example) or the mods will bust this era.
1. Unless he includes a copy of IE with the game (which is unlikely) (and even then, it'd still be legal, since IE is free), there's no copyright law being violated. Perhaps you're thinking of trademark law?
2. Even trademark law would not be much of an issue; it falls squarely in Fair Use.
Proud creator of the :whistle: smiley | I prefer the CC-0 license.
Sleaver

Woops

Post by Sleaver »

Yeah i forgot about that, i think its not illegal, as i got the logos from google and edited it just to put an invisible background, clear up for me plz.
mortalus

Post by mortalus »

Simply remain generic with names such as:
Chat
Browser
Virus
Antivirus
Txtng
IMs
FTP
Port
CPU
User
Zip

Plenty available to create an era without using brand names/trademarks, etc.
~Mortalus
Dragon Pieces
Zarel

Post by Zarel »

Or just use brand names and trademarks. Why should you let the copyright terrorists take away your freedom?
Proud creator of the :whistle: smiley | I prefer the CC-0 license.
psychic

Post by psychic »

I have an idea for this particular era, forgive me if it has already been suggested - suicide attacks.

An example would be say any virus unit can suicide to make the move points of all the enemy browsers 0. The number of turns this effect lasts will be equal to the level of the suiciding unit.
To make things simpler suicide can be created as an attack type right at the end of the other attacks of the unit and hence KISS.

There are 2 paths for this suicide style attack to be implemented:
1. Suicide effects changing for different factions - The problem here would be coming up with a lot of effects for suicide but making game balance easier since we can change the effect depending on the general balance between the 2 factions.
2. Suicide effect unique to a faction - Here it is the vice versa, lot more time has to be spent on balancing other units so that the suicide effect does not make a faction overwhelmingly powerful.

Based on response I can come up with more effects.

And if you want to make suicide truly wesnoth style have a failure rate of 10% or 20% :wink:
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

Are you going to make crome a scout because it's so fast and internet explorer a lvl 0 because it's so bad?

You could also put plague and slows for viruses, because they replicate themselves and slow down some software.