War of Legends [MP Era for Wesnoth 1.10+]

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

IPS

Re: Great Legend Era

Post by IPS » May 31st, 2010, 4:21 pm

That should be awesome ;)
The Bladesman is indeed an awesome unit, 8-3 blade mele is a great atack. But a calvary rush can beat them easly. I think it balance a bit the loyalist and does more useful the Calvary in the loyalist balancing ;)

I was testing the Cleric and I think its overpowered.

In day time + inspire, an Stronger Bladesman did 16-3... Reading the description of Inspire I had noted its much better than leadership because the lv1 units gets a 50% upgarade in their atack, the lv2 units gets +25% atack and the lv0 units gets +75%.

Its much better than the leadership. I think you should change it to leadership and the Cleric healing should be of only +4 if it have leadership. And decrease it hp, it haves much more hp than a white mage to heal +8 and to have inspire. I think, with that choice, Anybody will want to pick white mages... "Why I should pick a white mage if Cleric is much better, it Inspire haves hability and heals +8 too and haves more hp, Meh, the white mage is a poor comprared this"

And "Why I will pick of a leader to a lieutenant if the Cleric is much better leading units and it haves heals +8 and it haves more hp and ranged magical arcane"
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server.

Lord-Knightmare
Forum Regular
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare » June 4th, 2010, 2:49 pm

White Mage has the "cures" ability but the Cleric doesn't. So the Cleric cannot cure poison but only slow it down.

I increased the max_experience to Cleric from 100 to 300 to reduce its overpowerment. :twisted:

And about the hitpoints thing: The Adept of Light should have a high hp advancement such as mage advances to the Redmage.

And the leadership thing concerns gender.

shadowblack

Post by shadowblack » June 4th, 2010, 4:01 pm

Lord-Knightmare wrote:The era is now on the 1.8 add-on server with no more errors, I hope.
So, where do I get this era? I see no Great Legend Era on the add-on server, only "Age of Legends Era".
You are a Dark Adept: You immerse yourself in the dark arts... potentially with great rewards...

Lord-Knightmare
Forum Regular
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare » June 5th, 2010, 7:36 pm

shadowblack wrote:So, where do I get this era? I see no Great Legend Era on the add-on server, only "Age of Legends Era".
Sorry about that. :oops:
The era is currently being maintained and unit files are being revised by me for balancing.
I hope that I will be ready to upload it before the first campaign using it is on the add-on server.

And if you have "OOS" errors using this era:
Sorry because the era was mainly designed as a campaign unit database.

shadowblack

Post by shadowblack » June 5th, 2010, 7:49 pm

Ah, I see. Guess I'll have to postpone trying out "The Invincible Wall" until the era is available again.
You are a Dark Adept: You immerse yourself in the dark arts... potentially with great rewards...

IPS

Post by IPS » June 6th, 2010, 11:03 pm

Lord-Knightmare wrote:White Mage has the "cures" ability but the Cleric doesn't. So the Cleric cannot cure poison but only slow it down.

I increased the max_experience to Cleric from 100 to 300 to reduce its overpowerment. :twisted:

And about the hitpoints thing: The Adept of Light should have a high hp advancement such as mage advances to the Redmage.

And the leadership thing concerns gender.
wtf that is not a solution! lol

But really, could you decrease his hability of "Inspires" to leadership? and decrease his hp? decrease his power of healing to +4?
Inspires = lv3 Leadership....

And decrease it xp requirement to level up. Maybe 150 that should be sufficent (Like a unit trying to take AMLA)

Lord-Knightmare
Forum Regular

Post by Lord-Knightmare » June 8th, 2010, 7:31 pm

@IPS - Here are minor adjustments in Great Legend Era version 1.4.0
Cleric- Lightbeam decreased from 7-4 to 6-4
experience increased from 100 to 160
advances only to Prophetess of Light
(Mistress of Light is made "use in campaign only")
I kept the "inspires" ability to cut down her uselessness in not able to cure poison.

Prophetess of Light- Lightbeam decreased from 10-4 to 8-4
hitpoints increased from 46 to 50

Desert star- hitpoints increased from 46 to 50

Hope your're happy with this.

Btw, there are three inspires abilities:
1. Level 1 = leadership Lvl 2
2. Level 2 = leadership Lvl 3
3. Level 3 = leadership Lvl 4

IPS

Post by IPS » June 8th, 2010, 11:54 pm

Hmmm... Cleric haves lv1 or lv2 inspires?

Lord-Knightmare
Forum Regular

Post by Lord-Knightmare » June 9th, 2010, 5:53 am

Cleric has:
{ABILITY_INSPIRES_LEVEL_2}

IPS

Post by IPS » June 14th, 2010, 3:23 am

[censored], Inspires is very superior than Leadership.

So, if I play with loyalist in your era, I will play ALWAYS with the Cleric, because it haves magical arcane ranged, more hp, heals +8 and haves the same power of leadership than a General.

And, Adept of light needs more experience to level up because their upgarade is awesome.

I think, is posible to mix leadership + Inspires. So, you have a Cleric of leader, recruit a sargeant to upgarade it to a Leitenant (only 22 xp to get the lv2 in 70% xp modificator) and after, I mix Inspires + Leadership with my bladesmen to do at day 20-3?? LOL

Lets see... At day, a strong bladesmen with inspires + Leadership should do:

9(+25% by daytime, +50% because Inspires, +25% because leadership)x3 = 18-3 (more dammage than a Dwarvish Lord LOL!)

So, honestly, I think you should change their inspires (in your era) to leadership??? You also use 2 bladesmen with these 3 bonus to do 18-3 and/or 16-3 with the 2 bladesmen, and that strategy should be unstopable.

If the thing what I did calculated is true, I will send you a replay in the next post ;)

Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend » June 14th, 2010, 6:39 am

Why do the humans lack a swimmer or flyer?
Unofficial UMC Translator
Comaintainer of EoM
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.

Lord-Knightmare
Forum Regular

Post by Lord-Knightmare » June 14th, 2010, 7:09 pm

@Drakefriend - The faction lacks a swimmer because the faction features only human lawful units.
@IPS - I will think about increasing the adept of light's experience. How does 70xp sound?

Elvish_Hunter
Developer

Post by Elvish_Hunter » June 15th, 2010, 6:49 pm

I noticed that, in the folder of your era, you attached a Credits.rtf file. Here you wrote:[quote=""Lord-Knightmare, in his Credits.cfg"]Unknown contents (I forgot where I got these from)

Chevalier
Paladin Lord
(graphics)

Troll Warmonger
Troll Warlord
Troll Boulderlobber
(graphics)[/quote]Maybe I can help you with these credits: Chevalier and Paladin Lord graphics are from the campaign Love to Death, and so the author should be Geos. Troll Warmonger/Warlord are from the original authors (Eros and Mars) of The Sojournings of Grog. Troll Boulderlobber is from the era BEEM, and is used as well in TSoG. :)
Current maintainer of these add-ons:
1.14: The Sojournings of Grog, A Rough Life, The White Troll (co-author), Wesnoth Lua Pack
1.12: Children of Dragons
Still active until the end of the year

IPS

Post by IPS » June 15th, 2010, 7:00 pm

In 70% xp modifier Adept of light should need like 50 xp to increase their level (more than a mage because Inspires is not balanced... It haves the leadership of a lv3 unit, but with other name)

Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend » June 17th, 2010, 12:28 pm

Maybe a sailor or something like that, or a soldier trained for swimming and water fights?
Unofficial UMC Translator
Comaintainer of EoM
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.