Archaic Era (BfW 1.18)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: Archaic Era (Active for BfW 1.13, Maintenance for BfW 1.

Post by doofus-01 »

ForestDragon wrote:Decided to contribute edited ranged attack animation code for the roswellian line:
That was a nice idea for the psionic blast. And speaking of animations, I've got pretty complete set for the little green men now, they'll be in the next update.
ForestDragon wrote:btw, I think the lvl2's melee damage should be buffed to 6-2, or the tank's crush should be nerfed to 11-2 (since lvl1: 3-2 > lvl2: 5-2 > lvl3: 12-2 isn't a very smooth progression)
Yeah. I think there could be a branch, where the tank is more physical and the hypothetical unit is more range-attack oriented.
Eagle_11 wrote:The sprite remaint a bit too large and detailed for an lvl2 unit, since you have made the sprite may i ask if you would be willing to modify it a bit to have an lvl2 version of it.
I might make a lower level some day, but if all you need is to make it smaller, can't you do that?
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Eagle_11

Re: Archaic Era (Active for BfW 1.13, Maintenance for BfW 1.

Post by Eagle_11 »

Figured to ask might not hurt before hurrying ahead and doing as such anyways.
doofus-01
Art Director

Archaic Era (BfW 1.14)

Post by doofus-01 »

Archaic Era v1.8.0 and Archaic Resources v1.3.0 have been uploaded to BfW 1.14 server. I didn't bother with the BfW 1.13 server, since it won't be relevant soon. Most of the changes were graphics, but there is also a new unit in the little-green-man line.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
ghype

Re: Archaic Era (BfW 1.14)

Post by ghype »

I know this really doesn't belong here, but I couldn't find a thread to Archaic Resources. So I just leave it here.
One of the image from Archaic Resources interfered with a completely game, which was not using any active mods.
I am talking about wc II and the image is /images/terrains/bellows. It was mashed up for no reason with a default village.

I am not sure if this error is reproducible, but I thought it would be still good to at least mention it.
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-06-03 16.43.32.png
Screenshot 2018-06-03 16.43.32.png (69.15 KiB) Viewed 23388 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

ghype wrote: June 4th, 2018, 6:29 am I know this really doesn't belong here, but I couldn't find a thread to Archaic Resources. So I just leave it here.
One of the image from Archaic Resources interfered with a completely game, which was not using any active mods.
I am talking about wc II and the image is /images/terrains/bellows. It was mashed up for no reason with a default village.

I am not sure if this error is reproducible, but I thought it would be still good to at least mention it.
Huh... No idea why that happens. I'm not familiar with wc II, but I've never seen it happen to a regular village and I'm guessing that was not in the map editor?

In related news:
Archaic Resources 1.3.1 and Archaic Era 1.8.1 have been uploaded. The changes are mostly graphics related. I don't have a change-log, but the GitHub link in my signature can be somewhat close.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.8.2 has been sent to the BfW 1.14 add-on server. This includes some minor graphics update, and the start of a better organized, less ad-hoc AMLA system. It's not fully wired in yet, so a further update will be necessary.

It may not have much impact on standard MP matches, but it should be relevant to situations with higher-level units (such as SP campaign Bad Moon Rising).
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.8.3 has been uploaded to BfW 1.14 add-on server. The updates are pretty much just portrait additions/replacements, mostly Despair and Primeval.

I think I'm going to get rid of the Velite unit line in Primevals, they seem like a cop-out. I'll either give pierce attack to an existing unit, or come up with some non-humanoid support unit. We'll see.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.8.4 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.14 server. It's a relatively minor update
change-log

very minor graphics updates

adding visible names to Ukian Witch variations

fix movetype of orcish foreman and overseer

water standing animation for seals

moving seals out of dogs race, and adding portrait

doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.8.5 has been uploaded. It's a minor update, mostly graphics updates dealing with South-Seas faction.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.8.6 has been uploaded. It's minor, but still progress.
change-log, from the commit messages
mummy-unbound sprite update
mummy unbound portrait
better windlash attack animations
breeze-gust-gale portrait for south-seas
adding able-seaman portrait
clean-up of khthon regenerating abilities
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Version 1.8.7 uploaded to BfW 1.14 server
changelog (from git commit messages)

blue unicorn portrait

some visual updates to menagerie faction

south-seas spitfire defense animation frames that were missing

adding portraits for green witch and tomb guards

Phantom shield-guard portrait

re-organize South-Seas faction sprite images

minor revision to stone ability

tomb protector portrait

azure mage portrait

south-seas sea-scourge defense animations

south-seas salvager defense anim

some minor animations for ancient phantoms

graphics update to level 3 phantom skirmisher

some attack image updates
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Silver Slasher (Primeval unit) is unable to earn xp.

EDIT:
The floating label 'Enthralled' disappears extremely fast.

Btw, Thralls can't earn xp, unless their base unit is max level. (E.g. a Highwayman or Huntsman.) I think that does make sense and it would be nice if it were the same for max level units.

EDIT 2:
I somehow always accepted this, but why can your Horses run over through the swamp with only 1mp cost?

EDIT 3:
Any idea why the 'enthrallment' weapon special is always grayed out?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks for the reports
Konrad2 wrote: September 9th, 2019, 8:17 am Silver Slasher (Primeval unit) is unable to earn xp.
It's just a standalone unit for variety's sake, not part of any advancement tree. Looks like it needs the default AMLA.
Konrad2 wrote: September 9th, 2019, 8:17 am The floating label 'Enthralled' disappears extremely fast.
All those float labels sped up at some point in the BfW 1.13 cycle, I don't think I can change it, but I'll look at it again.
Konrad2 wrote: September 9th, 2019, 8:17 am Btw, Thralls can't earn xp, unless their base unit is max level. (E.g. a Highwayman or Huntsman.) I think that does make sense and it would be nice if it were the same for max level units.
This does not happen for me. Is it possible you have another mod or add-on installed?
Konrad2 wrote: September 9th, 2019, 8:17 am I somehow always accepted this, but why can your Horses run over through the swamp with only 1mp cost?
Animal spirits, or something. I think it needs to be that way, or maybe used to be needed on older maps. I'll try to remember to revisit it.
Konrad2 wrote: September 9th, 2019, 8:17 am Any idea why the 'enthrallment' weapon special is always grayed out?
The weapon special is active on offense, like charge. There is no restriction on the events that actually do the "enthrallment" though, so I don't think it will change much if I remove the restriction...
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

doofus-01 wrote: September 14th, 2019, 11:46 am
Konrad2 wrote: Btw, Thralls can't earn xp, unless their base unit is max level. (E.g. a Highwayman or Huntsman.) I think that does make sense and it would be nice if it were the same for max level units.
This does not happen for me. Is it possible you have another mod or add-on installed?
A lot, but I don't think they interfered.
I can't reproduce it anymore though, so I can't say for sure.
doofus-01 wrote:
Konrad2 wrote: Any idea why the 'enthrallment' weapon special is always grayed out?
The weapon special is active on offense, like charge. There is no restriction on the events that actually do the "enthrallment" though, so I don't think it will change much if I remove the restriction...
Charge is not grayed out on offensive though. :hmm: :doh:

EDIT:
Prokyon has both self-heal and regenerate. I think that's the result of the unit having 'self-heal' and 'khthon self-heal'. The other units of this advancement path have two healing abilities as well, but they just happen to result into the same thing, so you don't notice it without looking at the unit description.
Attachments
Tri1-High Lord Turn 13.gz
Prokyon
(114.81 KiB) Downloaded 470 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Konrad2 wrote: September 14th, 2019, 2:32 pm Charge is not grayed out on offensive though.
Must be time for Wesbreak, I didn't even notice that feature in the attack dialog. I can defeat the auto-formatting for the sidebar and attack dialog, but it breaks the tool-tip. That may just be the best solution though.
Konrad2 wrote: September 14th, 2019, 2:32 pm Prokyon has bot self-heal and regenerate. I think that's the result of the unit having 'self-heal' and 'khthon self-heal'. The other units of this advancement path have two healing abilities as well, but they just happen to result into the same thing, so you don't notice it without looking at the unit description.
There were a couple regenerates that escaped the purge when the general self-heal thing was implemented. Will be removed next time, thanks.