Archaic Era (BfW 1.18)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: Archaic Era (BfW 1.14)

Post by doofus-01 »

1.8.8 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.14 server
The active/inactive UI effects related to enthrallment are still a work in progress, but it's uncovered a wesnoth engine bug. It's not fixed now, but maybe some day it will be.
change-log, from the github commits
fix a typo
adding blue beast portrait
remove explicit regenerate abilities from khthon that have been redundant
try to defeat auto-formatting of active/inactive specials name
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

devout
unplagable -> unplagueable

You could also just say that the unit is immune to plague.

EDIT:
For the Marine defense animation you call for images that are not in the folder. So they just go invisible when defending.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.8.9 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.14 server, didn't get the issues from Konrad2's post in because I forgot, but next time...
Very minor update, but I was updating other add-ons, so might as well update this one.
changelog for Archaic Resources (from github commits)
unlit sconce terrain graphics
touch-ups to some overlay terrains
adding sabrecat portrait
fan attack icons for Tower Dancer line
ladyboy lvl 0 portrait
stone barrel images
Big engine terrain animation
fixing a typo in trait description
changelog for Archaic Era (from github commits)
adding portrait for phantoms slave
little green tank portrait
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Found a discrepancy. Random selection does not use Northerners in the non extended era. random_MP.cfg is missing their name. I saw it included in the game as a choice and also in a file called archaic.cfg (IIRC)

Are Northerners supposed to be included in random selection?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks, that must have been an oversight.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

The Menagerie faction is a lot of fun for me. Big Sci Fi fan so I naturally get a kick out of the Bor... (oops probably best not to spell them out haha) and so on.

Found a typo in them Psuedopod ought to be Pseudopod of course. 9 instances.

Also the drone line has no sound for it's ram attacks. I also noticed several others where some sounds had been commented out.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks. I'll fix the pod named Sue. The sound files are probably a mess in many places, Wesnoth sound had stopped working for me a while back and I got real comfortable living without it.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Open the pod bay doors Sue. Sue? ;)

Nah most of the sounds are great. I added axe.ogg for the drone ram on my copy and oddly it sounds right. (Update, I changed it to mace.wav which has a great metallic sound like a drone ramming something and added a miss sound. Also got around to fixing all of the drone line sounds. Changed explosion.ogg for spark to lightning.ogg. Added a sword sound for the spear/glaive attack.) (Oh also fixed up the Bor... err Man-Bot's sounds with claws for melee, still have to upgrade spark to same level as Drones)
Last edited by Atreides on July 4th, 2020, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

I'm fighting a lot of lvl3 Statues (Stone Warrior) and noticed something odd. It's not day yet after the statue unit AMLA'd it ended up petrified. It was attacked by a ranged attack (best way to deal with those horrors :) so no stone grip involved. My unit was not petrified. It just hit it with a ranged attack and the statue levelled (AMLA) and was suddenly stoned so that no further attacks on it were possible.

Does look like a bug unless I missed something about how it works.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

That does sound like a bug. I'll look into it. Thanks.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

It looks like the advancing statue thing was intentional, but I'm not sure what that was supposed to fix. Without it, a statue that advances via stone grip will be unpetrified while the victim is petrified, but the two units will be synced again in the next turn. I guess the victim could be permanently petrified if the statue gets killed in the same turn, but I'm not sure the fix is an improvement over that.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

The petrifying is pretty complex. No wonder there are oddities. :) I've only played 1 short game with the fac that has them so I'm not very familiar with it. The long game I'm in now though has a enemy fac that's building tons of them (statues). I'll be sure to post anything interesting I learn from that contest.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.8.10 has been uploaded to the 1.14 server. These updates should be pushed to the 1.15 version as well, but not today.
Changelog
From the git commit history:

units - Phantom - Clean up tomb shade
units - despair - stone armor sprite update
units - despair - white lady defense anim
units - despair - attack, defense, and death animations for statue
MP - fix broken image ref in faction selection
units - ancient phantoms - touch-up of shield guard portrait
small cleanup of images
abilities - stone grip - comment out post-advance petrify event
units - menagerie - minimal ram animation for mechanical drones
units - menagerie - fix psuedopod typos
MP - add Northerners to random faction list
image updates
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

The statues are back in a current game where I'm fighting versus them using Undead (oh yeah that's a odd one - oddly best bet is Ghosts and Adepts as only arcane really hurts Despair faction units) and I noticed that they stayed statues during dusk turn. It's not clear from the in game help whether they are stoned only during the 2 day turns or what... I think they came awake during the dusk turn. So is it day and dusk they are stoned (if not in vill/adj to 'nother stat) and awake the other 3? The ability sure could be more explicit. Rated R would be nice. ;-)

Oh and I'm using the latest version and my ancient Lich got stone gripped by a stat which stayed awake when it levelled. For one turn my level 4 Lich was out of action while the statue was running amok. Luckily the next turn the Lich became unstoned so it was not a permanent problem. Still for one turn it wasn't correct.
Last edited by Atreides on August 6th, 2021, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Atreides wrote: December 15th, 2020, 2:17 am So is it day and dusk they are stoned (if not in vill/adj to 'nother stat) and awake the other 3? The ability sure could be more explicit. Rated R would be nice. ;-)
I think I intended to have them stoned half the schedule, but I'll have to check. I'll make the description more explicit and obscene.
Atreides wrote: December 15th, 2020, 2:17 am Oh and I'm using the latest version and my ancient Lich got stone gripped by a stat which stayed awake when it levelled. For one turn my level 4 Lich was out of action while the statue was running amok. Luckily the next turn the Lich became unstoned so it was not a permanent problem. Still for one turn it wasn't correct.
Sounds familiar, thought I'd fixed that... Well, I'll check again, thanks.