Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dixie

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 3.2

Post by Dixie »

The orcs from Archaic era in Ageless include a unit that advances from Grunts, and this produces OOSes with Default. I only had Ageless installed, not Archaic, when it occured. You might want to fix that.
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth
mnewton1

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 3.2

Post by mnewton1 »

Dream_Merchant, walkercubed, doofus-01: I have already fixed this thanks though.

wesfreak: I am going to update it in the next 1.8 update.

Dixie: Thanks, fixed.

I will agree that there needs to be more work and debate on balancing now. I changed the Sidhe's arcane resistance to -30. It was -50.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
mnewton1

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 4.1

Post by mnewton1 »

Ageless Era has been up on the server for one year!!!
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

The problem with balancing something with so many factions is that YOU CAN'T.

Unless you make every faction almost blandly similar with little deviation, with such a large faction pool there's guaranteed to be a faction that can exploit any small weakness with devastating results. Most factions are based on exaggerating concepts already found in mainline- Superaccurate factions, superslow but strong factions, etc.
IPS

Post by IPS »

An idea for DarkLegion:

These archers are a bit overpowered, them does the same ranged than a orcish assasin, but haves a better mele and a no poisonous but strong ranged atack and cost less.

My idea for poison arrows is to change that 3-3 poison to 5-2 to have less percent to poison.

I will see if the torch of the Dark Legio was eliminated or no, them no have anything of fire, and their calvary needs these torchs.

Edit: riders haves their torchs, so ok.

But, them maybe should cost 17 too because dont haves that 20% of resistance to cold, 10% less res to impact and blade than the loyalist calvary. But instead of the resistances of the calvary, them haves their torchs what is so more useful to kill undeads and some armored units.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
seb

Post by seb »

Hi!

The Windsong unit frames haven't been showing up ingame lately.
The problem seems to be inconsistent capitalisation of the folder in which the windsong unit graphics are stored.
To fix the problem change the "/images/units/Windsong/" to ".../windsong/".
Also within the files "/AE_factions/default/default-myths.cfg", "/AE_factions/heros/myths-heros.cfg" and "/AE_factions/RPG/RPG-EOM.cfg" make the same change.
Hopefully that should be all the files needing fixing.

Another thing I noticed that I consider to be a bug is how the "ABILITY_DAUNTLESS" works for resistances higher than 50%.
Usually the ability doubles all resistances while attacking up to a maximum of 50%, similar to how steadfast works when defending.
However when you have a base resistance higher than 50% the dauntless ability reduces it to 50% when attacking.
On the other hand steadfast doesn't reduce defences that are higher than 50%.

From "/data/abilities.cfg":

Code: Select all

#define ABILITY_DAUNTLESS
    [resistance]
        id=dauntless
        name= _ "dauntless"
        description= _ "Dauntless:
While attacking, this unit's resistances are doubled, up to a maximum of 50. Weaknesses are not affected."
        name_inactive= _ "dauntless"
        description_inactive= _ "Dauntless:
While attacking, this unit's resistances are doubled, up to a maximum of 50. Weaknesses are not affected."
        multiply=2
        max_value=50
        apply_to=blade,pierce,impact,fire,cold,arcane
        [filter_base_value]
            greater_than=0
        [/filter_base_value]
        active_on=offense
    [/resistance]
#enddef
So I believe in the [filter_base_value] there should another line:

Code: Select all

less_than=50
I realize this issue also exists in the original EOM addon but I'm not sure if that's still being maintained.
AVbd

Post by AVbd »

Zerovirus wrote:The problem with balancing something with so many factions is that YOU CAN'T.

Unless you make every faction almost blandly similar with little deviation, with such a large faction pool there's guaranteed to be a faction that can exploit any small weakness with devastating results. Most factions are based on exaggerating concepts already found in mainline- Superaccurate factions, superslow but strong factions, etc.
That's true enough, but I don't really understand the point.

Have you noticed how the stats of mainline units are changed with each new version of Wesnoth? If you look at ‘balance’ in black and white terms, they can't ‘balance’ mainline either. But does it matter? They can still make it more balanced, and they can still make it fun to play; it just means they'll never get it perfectly right. The Ageless Era will never be perfect either, but it's already fun to play, and it can certainly become more balanced, so...
ahyangyi

Post by ahyangyi »

Free saurians have problems: battle tutor and soulbind don't work.

Also, I want to note that this is the first version of Ageless Era that works with Dark Forecast!! Thanks a lot!!
IPS

Post by IPS »

Dark Berserker of Dark Legion is so Unbalanced.

10-3 mele blade (berserker)
46 hp
MP 6

Cost: 25

Note: This unit haves the same def than a average unit.

This unit should have only 8-3 blade mele (or decrease it defense) plus to add them more price. Like 28 with the changes.

6 MP is to much too, if them continues having 6 MP should cost 31.
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

IPS wrote: Dark Berserker of Dark Legion is so Unbalanced.
IPS wrote:My idea for poison arrows is to change that 3-3 poison to 5-2 to have less percent to poison.
I agree with both. I have changed both.
ahyangyi wrote:Free saurians have problems: battle tutor and soulbind don't work.
Thanks and fixed

seb: Thanks, I fixed the Dauntless issue. I am not have the problem with the images though. I can see them just fine in all 3 eras. What version of Ageless Era are you using?
Creator of Ageless Era
seb

Post by seb »

mnewton1 wrote: seb: Thanks, I fixed the Dauntless issue. I am not have the problem with the images though. I can see them just fine in all 3 eras. What version of Ageless Era are you using?
1. Great, Thanks!
2. I'm using version 4.1. I even deleted and re-downloaded it from the addon server but it's the same.
Do you use Linux? Maybe it's just not an issue on Windows since folder names there aren't case sensitive...
When I apply the changes I described in my previous post it all works perfectly for me.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Ok I will change it to that, and I use a mac :P
Creator of Ageless Era
ahyangyi

Post by ahyangyi »

Eventide in Ageless Heroes is buggy: can't recruit, AI crashes, etc.
Thanks for replying so quickly!!! :mrgreen:
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Thanks and fixed
Creator of Ageless Era
IPS

Post by IPS »

Vector ranged atack on Kthons is really nasty.

If you buy mele units, them will atack you by vector, so them will convert many of your units for them. If you buy ranged units, them suck you by mele killing them very easly.

Other thing, Ram I think its overpowered.

30 hp
10-2 impact charge
MP: 6
cost: 14

It does more dammage than a horseman what cost 23 for 9-2 pierce charge, yeah it have less hp than the horseman (horseman haves 38 hp) and its a bit slower than the horseman, and it no have that resistances of the horseman, but them can have 50% def in some terrains to charge, that is really nasty.

I think Ram should cost 19 because them does 20-2 when atacks (+1 gold because vector)

The jaks needs to decrease their hp, with 9-2 mele pierce and like 46 hp and 6 MP like very powerful to cost 15. And for having vector I think them should cost so more.

Turtles are ok, them are so weak, but I think them are ok.

I doubt the balance of the Kthons with that new hability of vector really, a noob can win with that faction very easly to a veteran with for an example loyalist.