Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mnewton1

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 2.6

Post by mnewton1 »

I agree, I think that the bear and hoarfrost were good units. I think i will add them to the faction. I agree with you tet. Sub-Races would be... more helpful. I will add them as I balance factions. I also really like the idea of having AE Race: Name. It would keep all the AE units in one big line. So when you have EOM or BEEM installed you will know which units are AE
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

can be cool...maybe is a bit bad looking in the menu' but is cool and useful
JW

Post by JW »

mnewton1 wrote:I third that.
Well, since you don't like bears and they're apparently there for impact damage, why not just add the hoarfroster and leave the ghost impact?
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

JW wrote:
mnewton1 wrote:I third that.
Well, since you don't like bears and they're apparently there for impact damage, why not just add the hoarfroster and leave the ghost impact?
i agree

*edit:something wrong on the Lady o' war and glory seeker ranged attack...the animation look like a normal melee attack!
Barsoom

Post by Barsoom »

Temuchin Khan wrote:In some cases, a faction that has been rebalanced for the Ageless Era will prevent that faction from functioning as it was originally designed in the era it came from.
I'd actually take this comment a bit further: when rebalancing a faction for AE, the changes should not influence the playing style of the faction. I will probably download this era to see how my favorite factions shape up against others from different eras; the fun of that depends on them being the same faction that I liked so much in the first place. Of course it's reasonable to balance, particularly damage and hit points as they tend to vary a lot across eras (sometimes on purpose, e.g. different Orbivm factions) , but please don't make such changes that you have to play them differently.
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

Barsoom wrote:
Temuchin Khan wrote:In some cases, a faction that has been rebalanced for the Ageless Era will prevent that faction from functioning as it was originally designed in the era it came from.
I'd actually take this comment a bit further: when rebalancing a faction for AE, the changes should not influence the playing style of the faction. I will probably download this era to see how my favorite factions shape up against others from different eras; the fun of that depends on them being the same faction that I liked so much in the first place. Of course it's reasonable to balance, particularly damage and hit points as they tend to vary a lot across eras (sometimes on purpose, e.g. different Orbivm factions) , but please don't make such changes that you have to play them differently.
I SUPER QUOTE barsoom...ok the balancing...but the faction game style must be the same!
finalgenesis

Post by finalgenesis »

just wondering, the ice wyrm for dark elves does not have any level up, was that left out for balancing sake?
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

It has lvl 2 and lvl 3 versions. I will fix that bug now.

I am going to try to keep the game style the same. If I change it in some way please tell me if I do though so I can fix it.

Edit: Fixed
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
finalgenesis

Post by finalgenesis »

Awesome, keep up the good work ^^
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Thanks, but my life has gotten extremely busy so I have gotten almost no work done on the era...
Creator of Ageless Era
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

i hope u can fix all the bugs :_| i love this project
here some bug:
-High elfs horseman when lv up the game crash
-Naga hunter can't level up(go out of the exp range without upgrading)i found this problem when i have played with orchi gladiatores
-Miss some vampire sprites
-some dragon attack sprite looks wrong and bad
-miss some aredians bowman sprite

nothing else for now..
ninjaturtle

Post by ninjaturtle »

For some reason i can't download this era. It downloads then freezes and I have to unplug my cpu to close wesnoth, then it's not under eras. I think it's because of the size so would it be possible to upload it somewhere else?
Jean

Post by Jean »

mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

It must be your computer because this has not happened before... I don't really know what you should do.
Creator of Ageless Era
Cizzle

Post by Cizzle »

I not sure if someone else already said something but Mistral Wyrm doesn't lvl up! not even into the same lvl 2
Check out units in a new faction:
Seer Initiate
Fury Striker
More coming soon...