Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Greg37260

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 4.1

Post by Greg37260 »

Hello
I think the Barbarians aren't mighty enough.
The troll fire wizard and his evolutions aren't very strong ...

your mode is one of the best mode of the game !! :mrgreen:
(Scuse me I'm french and I don't speak english very well ) :?
The French of Wesnoth
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Welcome to the forums!

The Troll Firewizard might have a weak magical attack, but they have regenerates, 52 hitpoints, and a decent melee attack. It's jut fine...
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
IPS

Post by IPS »

RenoOfTurks wrote:after the bug fixing, in the new version, we can see ageless+mercenary +nightmare of meloen era??

This should be an interesting era :)

Hmmm.... I got an idea, why not make 2 Ageless era in one? I mean, one of them with Balanced factions and the other with the unbalanced factions (Unbalanced faction vs Other Unbalanced faction is less unbalanced)

But one thing is required, the author needs to test all the eras and think what of them are balanced and what no. Its other work, but I think its a bit less exhausting than checking and fixing files.

All the ideas shouldn't be accepted, but this like a good one ;)

P.D: I think Im not far to launch my era, I had done 3 recruit list in my thread, and I think to put only 4 factions in my first era version and after adding the other factions.

I Tried a lot to do my era the same balanced than default, sure some units are very different than default, so them can't be balanced at all. Ideas and sugerences are acepted.

Check the thread link: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=29296

In the spoilers are the recruit list of each faction with the complete recruit list.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Zelos

Post by Zelos »

Hello!

First of all, many thanks for this mod, because it's my favourite one :mrgreen: !!! The only bug I have to report is connected to the Elventide faction: when the unit "desperado" advances, an error comes out... game_error: Could not find the unit being advanced to: AE Madcap :(

I hope this can be of help, in oder to fix it :)
IPS

Post by IPS »

I was seeying the Dark Knight of Chaos and I think its Overpriced.

I think it should cost 26 because is a swordman without the blade and impact res, but equiped with an adiotional axe 17-2 and it have 51 hp instead 55. It because have 2 atacks very differents it should cost 1 more coin than the Loyalist swordman. But, 36 coins for it's very high for this unit.

Important Balancing

Increase the price of every Primemalist unit by 2 because the regen, I will tell you the changes what should be corrected with a change of price more higher or with stats changing:

Primevalist Celebrant is so overpowered, 8-2 impact mele and 9-3 ranged cold magical, it haves +4 heal and have a hp of 45, It should cost 41 not 35.

Cutter is so overpowered, 5-4 blade ranged is better than 7-2 from trolls, and for having the same def than a unit it should cost 16.

Driver, haves the same atack than a Pikeman but with impact and agresion and it haves regen, it should cost 31 and change their atack of 10-3 to 9-3. (trolls does 14-2 and cost 28)

Primeralist Fanatic should do with their sword 9-3 and have a hp of 47 to keep their price of 25

WTF?! Primevalist Follower COSTS 12 TO DO 8-3 COLD RANGED?!! that unit need several changes!!. Them should cost 19... well, I know them dont have magical, but them should do 7-3 cold and not 8-3 and having a staff of 5-2 that is indeed an awesome mele atack and it haves 34 hp (almost the same than a spearman). Decrease their hp of 34 to 25.

Primeralist Brightshield (The most overpowered unit) It haves 62 hp, 7-3 blade and cost 25, like weak... But see it resistances and see, ITS OVERPOWERED! 50% res to blade and blade, 40% res to cold, pierce and fire. And 10% to impact. It haves better resistances than a Sentinel AND it haves awesome resistances atacking and defending, Decreases his physical resistances to 20%, Cold and fire res should be in 20% too and the arcane res should be in 30%. With that changes this unit should cost 27. And decrease it hp of 62 to 53.

Scort 6-2 blade ranged and 8-3 first strike pierce, with 49 hp and regen. This unit should cost ... 36 and no 32.

Slowfot is a bit overpowered, If you decrease it movement to 4 it should cost 17 ;)

Due time, I do not have any time to post any other faction, I need to leave for a wile.
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Greg37260

Post by Greg37260 »

One of my friend ( wose37 ) talked with Luther on the topic "TCG Era 4.1" and Luther began to mix TCG with Ageless Era ... but Luther wants to quit the forum and I think you could continue the mix no ??

thanks

EDIT: Sorry I made a mistake : the Luther's topic isn't "TCG Era 4.1" but "Era TCG 1.2.6"

Please use the "edit post" button rather than double posting, especially as no one had replied to your first comment yet. Thanks!--Thrawn
The French of Wesnoth
IPS

Post by IPS »

Pillager leader of Marauders is unbalanced.

10-4 blade and 12-2 torch is very powerful offensively. You can do to a ouwtlaw unit 16-4 at night. It should do 9-4 blade mele. He needs only that correction ;)

I think Jarl is so overpowered too.

12-3 blade mele, 49 hp, 6 MP and Leadership... It should do 10-3 blade mele and have an hp of 38 if it want to have an movement of 6. And erase it weakness.

And other thing, Marauder faction is not balanced at all, Im tired to choice what will be the changes, so this time I will grateful if other person choices them.

Other thing, Marauders level up so quickly, 17 xp if is inteligent, that is very faster in mod of xp at 70%

I dont know why, but all the marauders units have a 20% of cold resistances, this is nasty for some factions...
Donnie

Post by Donnie »

In the Dark legion the berzerker (level 2 fighter) doesn't level up
DerTod

Post by DerTod »

the advances_to of the AE South-Seas Caster is wrong

must be:

advances_to=AE South-Seas Seahag, AE South-Seas Zephyrist

instead of

advances_to=South-Seas Seahag, South-Seas Zephyrist
IPS

Post by IPS »

Hey Newton1, Chek the Great Legend Era, you can find a interesting adition for the dessert elves.

Its a Sand Daemon or something like, he does this:

5-3 mele magical (Forget if the element is fire or arcane)
3-7 impact ranged (Swarm)

hp: 36
MP: 8
cost: 20

Habilities: It restore +6 hp in a sand square in each turn.

Notes: This unit haves 50% everywhere and 60% def in sand. It requires 3 MP cost to move in water, but a defense of 50% there.

And good ressistances ;)
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Sorry I haven't gotten back. I am on a small vacation and I can only get internet by going to a cafe or something like that. I am about to make an update. I have fixed every single advancement problem in the era except for the Triththa's fighter. I just can't seem to find the problem. I have also updated the Archaic Era stuff and some of the EoMa stuff. I have done a lot of bug fixing and have done some basic balancing to the Issaelfr faction. I might update Ageless Era today.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Ageless Era 4.2 Released on the 1.8 add-on server

UPDATES/NOTES:
There were a ton of unnamed bug fixes. ALL advancement bug are fixed for ALL units.

Archaic Era
--Primeval - Updated some unit images
--Ukians - Added Northern Fighter and Vassal lines
--South-Seas - Added the Shoreman Line
--Khthon - Their Vector attack will now only effect lower level units.</span>

Imperial Era
--Sidhe - Fixed Beer being unable to move
--Issaelfr - Some balancing

Era of Strife
--Saurians - Fixed Soulbind and Battle Tutor
--Eltireans - Fixed Advancement Bug
--Eventide - Fixed Advancement Bug

Faction(s)
--Steelhive - Removed Bladewhirler from random leader list.

Have fun!
Creator of Ageless Era
seb

Post by seb »

Umm...the new version has no unit files at all. :o
I re-downloaded it twice to be sure. I'm afraid you've got to upload it again.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Hey Newton1, I took a very important bug in this new version.

Every unit what is not from default haves this problem! (Incluiding Ageless RPG era):
Spoiler:
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Updated - It now works
Creator of Ageless Era